1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

It’s utter madness let’s be honest. Only thing I can think is that we win our games in hand it’s 10 points. Win both derby matches it’s 4 points and absolutely doable.

There can’t be anyone left who thinks we will go unbeaten until the end of the season though.

The performance up until now would see most managers looking for another job.

Baffling.

Random Review likes this.
  2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The cynical side of me assumes there's no decent replacement available.

Sydneysider and Random Review like this.
  3. freitassen

You would need to be naive to think that Lennon is here out of duty and the idea he can turn it around.

He knows this is his last job on football. It perhaps wouldn't be if he resigned before the situation got too ridiculous. He preferred to damage his reputation beyond recovery because he knows his limits as a professional and know his chances once out of here are little.

I don't understand this idea we can only blame one out of Lawwell and Lennon. Lennon is an incompetent manager which parts of its problems is being a board asslicker. And Lawwell is a greedy Tory * with absolutely no interest on the progress of Celtic and part of this is due to keeping his yes man on charge regardless of what. They are both part of the same gang, complement each other and need to be driven out of the club

JamesM09 and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  4. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    On the subject of some of the anger directed at Lennon, i think it’s mainly born out of frustration. The vast majority of the fanbase have wanted him gone for months, they’re unable to voice their opinion in the stadium, and largely unable to do so in public at all. You’ve then got the reality that the 10 season which we’ve waited for for so long has gone * up, and the football season, which gives us a bit of escapism from the boredom of lockdown is basically over for us.

We’re all angry with nowhere to really vent that anger, basically.

Random Review likes this.
  5. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    I reckon the fact he’s nearly 20 points behind is precisely why he IS still in the job. Desmond and Lawwell took until Saturday to realise they really have * it and by that point it was far too late. Their thinking being “awk sure what good what it do getting rid of him now, maybe he’ll get the Cup as a wee sweetener”.

6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

See this last job in football nonsense. You would need to be * stupid to think it will be his last job.

He won’t get a bigger club than Celtic, more importantly he won’t get a richer club than Celtic.

He is a CL and multiple title winning manager though, loads of clubs will snap him up.

I’ve seen plenty of you say he is done after Celtic and it’s utter * nonsense.

In b4 ‘hurr durr maybe a junior team or a local pub team will take him on duhhhh’

7. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The Board gave the full time gig to a man who had been punted by Hibs, there's a reason why Lenny was managing Hibs.

Crilly, Sgt Neppers* and JamesM09 like this.
  8. oh bhoy

because bolton sacked him

JamesM09 likes this.
  9. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Numbers not in original.

1) Affection is no harder to gauge than loyalty.

2) In what way has Lenny shown more loyalty than Lawwell? As far as I'm aware, Lawwell has never been beaten up, never received bullets, never had to be guarded by the police.

3) I don't think that WGS is a liar if that's what you mean. :giggle1:
    Honestly, since you ask, I think Lawwell, who I rate as extremely smart, weighed up a whole number of factors in making his decision: likely lifetime earnings, opportunities to build a power base, his relationship with a billionaire (Desmond) and the perceived likelihood of Celtic joining the EPL.

4) Yes, but why is it more comfortable to dislike Lawwell? It's not random! That's actually the point.

5) It is for me. It's not even close.

10. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

It will be his last job. He has brought nothing but failure and instability to a very successful group of players.

A terrible manager, a horrendous coach as evidenced by horror show after horror show on the pitch.

Constantly throwing players under the bus for his own failings, numerous contradictions in press conferences.

Nothing but delusion week after week, in his continued faith in a set up and personnel that didn’t and will never work.

His dismissive attitude towards the paying support, those who have given him everything at Celtic, was quite disgusting.

If any CEO looks at Lennon and thinks he is the man for their managerial position, then they are more deluded than you.

11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

So basically Lennon is the worst manager in the world and no one will take him on?

Seriously mate. Have a lie down.

12. joemc

Why would believe 2 100% Celtic men would have no interest in the progress of Celtic , they both stand to gain from success ergo the statement makes no sense .

13. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Pound for pound, no pun intended, with the resources he has available and the quality of players at his disposal, you would do very well to identify a manager performing worse than Lennon in any top flight league in Europe right now.

14. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    @King of Kings Although we are disagreeing in our other exchange, I must say that these other two posts of yours are very good posts. :50::50:

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Honest to * * some people have lost their * minds this season.

Lennon has * it up this season and should absolutely go.

No one will employ him again though? For the love of the wee man will you take just one second to think about what you are saying?

The67Sound and Random Review like this.
  16. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    What job could you realistically see him in after this one? Just out of interest

17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Neil Lennon in the last 10 years has won multiple titles as Celtic manager, took us into the CL and EL. Beaten the likes of Barca and Lazio, bought and developed some great players like Wanyama etc.

If anyone thinks that he wouldn’t be an attractive proposition for someone then you are clearly letting prejudice cloud your judgement.

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Mid Championship?

It won’t happen but I think he would be a cracking get out jail manager for a struggling premiership club.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  19. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Hopefully Motherwell take him off our hands then :fear:.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  20. oh bhoy

he wasnt in great demand after a successful spell here even with some impressive champions league results whos gonna be interested after this complete shitshow