1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    [​IMG]

2. celtic warrior

Longer they let Lennon stay the worse our profits will slip.

For a board that have the rep of being astute financially and clever with making money work, by *, they are actively allowing what was record high profits under Rodgers get utterly nuked by Lennon and this * season.

If we lose the 10, and every marketable novelty that comes with it, boy, they are primed for a rather real and dangerous awakening.

That is what is most infuriating here, they clearly seem to be banking on the idea that Sevco win, get CL money, help build a "Stronger" league, as result, they then goes balls to the wall and get someone akin to Rodgers, give him £30mill to spend straight up not including a host of player sales, fans than turn into fish and have a short memory and come flooding back because they are gagging to see us beat Sevco and the support the new guy.

Peej likes this.
  3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I've thought that from the moment I heard the stories of him handing out notes to fans in a bar on a European away trip many, many years ago.

4. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Don’t know if this is true. We are terrible with money, we waste so much. Almost as * with money as we are at PR.
    We are terribly run atm.

Sonic Reducer and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  5. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Edit: Cena explained below that you meant in terms of tarnishing his legacy. I didn't pick up on that, because I didn't know the Huns see McCoist as having tarnished his legacy there. Yeah, I guess in that sense it's a fair comparison, as a lot of people are going to see Lenny that way. I'm personally not certain how I will feel about Lenny when this is all over, but I suspect I will forgive him. I currently feel everything after the first Sparta Prague game is largely the board's responsibility, because that is the point at which he should have been sacked and the league was still very much recoverable at that point. Not that I can absolve Lenny entirely from that point on, because obviously I can't.

That would be a fair comparison if you looked at Lenny this season alone.
    However, over the course of their respective careers, it's a mental comparison.

As far as I can see, McCoist has only ever won the 3rd and 4th tiers of Scottish football. He singularly failed to get promotion from the second tier. In comparison, Lennon not only won promotion from the second tier, he immediately took Hibs to a respectable SPL position the first season back. He has also won titles (indeed trebles) at Celtic, a Europa League group and taken us to the last 16 of the CL.

No doubt this post will get replies attempting to explain away Lennon's successes. Needless to say, I won't agree with them; but note that with McCoist, in spite of the gargantuan size of Rangers compared to Championship clubs, he doesn't even have any successes to explain away. Barnes is our McCoist, not Lenny.

I should say (possibly an unpopular opinion) that I quite like McCoist as Huns go. He's very immature and easily led, but he seems like basically a nice person. Unlike other Huns in the media, I also don't feel from him that he hates us.

I should also say that I'm not for a second trying to deny the very poor job Lenny has done this season.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  6. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

I think he meant as a former hero who tarnished his legacy

7. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

Nah, I'm afraid you've been fooled by Sally and his happy go lucky and fake neutral commentating. In his first match commentating after the fans protests at the Ross County game he couldn't wait to get a dig at the fans protesting and mentioned it with glee all over his face at least 3 times. Seems to have a short memory of Manchester. He's in no position to make any condemnation of our fans.

The Phoenix likes this.
  8. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Ah, I didn't realise, because I didn't know the Huns regarded McCoist as having tarnished his legacy. Thanks for explaining that.

9. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I see him as a wee kid who likes to show off to get approval from the big boys. I don't feel the same bile I feel from folk like Boyd.

10. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    No, he's every bit as bad as them, if not worse, he is just marginally more intelligent at hiding it by making it look like he's joking or that he could have had another meaning in what he says. But make no mistake, he is a rancid *.

I said something the other day in here in jest regarding Lawwell making Lenny keep playing Eddy and Ntcham, when they were completely off their game, to the detriment of the team, to keep them in the shop window. While I don't really believe that, the more I think about it the more it would make why they are sticking with him now a bit more understandable, as they would be just as much to blame about where we are as Lenny, and they know it. As I said I don't really believe that, except there is that little nagging doubt I have as it does seem to fit the facts from what we saw for so long. Well that and that nothing underhanded the board do would really surprise me that much any more.

11. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

‘Straight down that road, first left, you can’t miss it. Snusco it’s called’

upload_2021-1-6_12-16-50.jpeg

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  12. joemc

Unfortunately the running of the club will also have an effect on playing staff , the bigger picture is player sales make money and the shop window is how it's done , without doubt there will be pressure from above to select players who are nearing Thier contract renewals .

13. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    I've saw " ally " in a golf club , having a drink with a couple of other players entertaining the locals with his stories , he made the mistake of thinking he was in a room with only like minded huns .. a vile sectarian bigot believe me !

Back on track , is that brass necked Lennon still here ? shameless !!

The Phoenix and Tim-Time 1888 like this.
  14. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

He's obviously ignoring the fans who told him what to do a couple of weeks back.

15. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    The thick fat * is too stupid to realise a ginger wearing all black in the blinding sun is not a good idea.. hope he gets burnt ta *..

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Thick fat *...

Do you get a wee chubby when describing him like that?

I want him gone but I’ll tell you something, some of you are worse than * huns when it comes to describing Lennon.

17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Fat *
    Jakey
    Booze bag
    Morbidly obese

Just a few of the lovely terms used to describe someone who hasn’t had his enemies to seek in this shithole of a country.

Makes me * sick tbh.

18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    * up ya *

19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Nae need :38:

Stevie6767 likes this.
  20. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Look at the league table, plenty of need, useless * should of walked months ago