1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

CELTIC TRAINING CAMP IN DUBAI

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Nov 30, 2020.

Discuss CELTIC TRAINING CAMP IN DUBAI in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The Scottish Government should concentrate on their own performance, Niké Conference, Care Home deaths, that Christmas free for all, the exams fiasco (another time they used Celtic to shift the narrative).

An ill advised trip indeed, but they are nothing but opportunist PR chasing charlatans.

They have a Police force that stands by whilst naked illegal racism takes place just feet away from them. They protect marches by these same racists. What do they have to say about that?

They brought in the OBFA to “even things up” or to put it simply to arrest as many Tims as possible because racist and sectarian hate crimes in Scotland are perpetrated, in the majority, against the very people they wanted to try to punish.

And still people, in their droves, back these charlatans. Their record in office is shocking. Highest drug deaths in Europe, education standards through the floor, lower literacy rate than Latvia!!!

They kick Celtic and the Celtic support whenever they can.

David Koresh would have loved to have followers like them.

As I have stated, this trip was ill advised and I’m seething at the club for going ahead with it for reasons other than cheap PR stunts by that shower in Holyrood.

2. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

3. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

4 players from man cities woman's team went to dubai and caught it where's the political intervention there

Peej, Noskeil and NomDePlum like this.
  4. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    No idea. Does show you how stupid it is to go to Dubai though.

Hope they aren't in the same hotel!

Sydneysider and Cena like this.
  5. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Definitely

6. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    A mile run at Lennoxtown would burn more calories as it's colder so would be more useful when you look at the state of our players. #staythefuckathome

Sydneysider likes this.
  7. StevieBhoooy!

Looking on from south of the border... you do get that impression..

Could be worse... imagine if you had Arlene Foster instead?!?

...like a sunburnt pig in drag.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  8. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Hope they are, our bhoys could maybe learn something from them!

blackfish and NomDePlum like this.
  9. StevieBhoooy!

I wouldn’t be surprised if Scot.gov were looking at ways of saying that Celtics bubble was burst ... and that whole squad isolation was required on their return...

10. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Big Barkas might actually catch something for once!

blackfish and Dalbeth3 like this.
  11. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    https://apple.news/A-yccmHWMQCmVHq9Iz-_CJg

Sums it up tbh, rules for some then complain when others do the same thing, like I said before. Both governments at fault here with their constant changing of the rules. You have to remember Tier 3 was supposed to be the highest Tier, now we have 4 turning to 5. What hope has anyone got?

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye, as much as I personally feel the trip should never go ahead, that it is a slap in the face to joe public and that the whole drinking thing the minute they land is not on, the government can go * themselves with this one.

We all know it shouldn't go ahead, but the rules were allowed to be used to this advantage and many others are taking advantage of it.

If they had such an issue with it, where was the outcry a month ago when it was announced? I dare say it was all completely approved, no matter how stupid I think they entire thing is and we should be ashamed for going - we shouldn't be punished though for it.
    They allowed it and approved it.

blackfish, MJ9 and TheWolf like this.
  13. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If they want to do that they will only need to look at the photos in the papers?

Let's hope it blows over as whilst I think this has been an utter shambles on Celtics part, and have handled the whole thing very poorly ScotGov have bigger things to deal with.

14. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Celtic possibly have the excuse of elite sport exemption. None of the rest do. They are just at it.

Tell them to stay in Dubai until they've spent at least a month self-isolating from Instagram and other social media.

Make the punishment fit the crime.

Peej likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    I've seen the poolside picture and one from inside with the players sitting around a table. All of those in both pictures are part of the traveling party. And a video of the players walking outside, well apart from those outwith.

Are there any more?

17. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    No idea. I don't actually buy the papers that print that sort of *. However, from the photo's that I've seen on here there is no social distancing within the party going on so that pretty much does it from what I understand. Might be wrong on that.

18. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Everyone poolside with Lennon and Brown is part of the travelling party? :56:

19. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    From the photo's & Video i've seen. The pool one, the meal one & the video with McGregor dancing there is nothing wring with them. They are all no different from the video & photo's of the Scotland team after winning on penalties.

The only thing i find funny as the only people at the pool with a beer are Lennon, Brown & Duffy. Says it all.

20. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Last thing I’m saying on this, cause I couldn’t be * tbh. The Dubai affair tops off a * shambolic season. Wit are we even going on a training camp for. Lennon on about ‘preparation for the second half of the season’ earlier, geez peace. Its all over. Snus run, few pints and a bit of winter sun.

Are we talking about the same photo? There’s two members of the public sat right beside Broony on a sun bed. Not obeying ‘social distancing’ requirements. They’re mingling in a busy resort, any covid bubble is burst at that point.

Everyone bringing up the national team today. Weren’t the Scotland team celebrating among themselves, in a function room? Or were they mixing with the public too? I thought it was just themselves but I’m happy to be corrected. Everyone in the room would’ve even getting tested multiple times a week. And had been in a bubble together for nearly two weeks?

upload_2021-1-5_20-53-44.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    Peej likes this.