1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

CELTIC TRAINING CAMP IN DUBAI

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Nov 30, 2020.

Discuss CELTIC TRAINING CAMP IN DUBAI in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

It’s some effort to try and win a Scottish Cup tbf

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I’m hoping they bring back the Tennents sixes.

rudebhoy67, Wee Baldy and NomDePlum like this.
  3. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

This could easily end in disaster if even one of them catches Covid, I know Dubai has strict testing rules and we’ll be testing everyone nearly daily but not worth the risk.

Hoping it works out well but I can’t see it and has only * off the supporters even more.

4. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

Sell the lot of them while they're over there, you'd maybe get about 2 or 3 camels.

5. Markybhoy

My initial reaction when I seen them sitting by the poolside swallying beers was to be a bit * off. On the surface, it makes it look as though they're not that bothered about what happened the day before.

Looking at it again today, I honestly couldn't give a * anymore. The league is gone so if they want to go abroad and get pished then * them. Let them get on with it. If any of them get covid in the process then that's their problem. There is nothing they can do to redeem themselves in my eyes at this point.

6. Dip 'n' Swerve

The trip in normal times I can understand win, lose or draw.
    In circumstances it does seem strange - even over to the Canaries for a few days to train, relax and help with injuries etc rather than Dubai , different time zones etc.
    I would imagine the players are on a chartered flight so I terms of covid the risk is reduced etc.
    I would imagine it is only a few bottles of beer just to help clear the head - they are humans they do watch Netflix, have families, have toothaches and * night sleeps etc. A few beer isn't gonna turn overnight - the fact that the manger only started playing griff, soro and turnbull until Dec is the real worry. Lennon isn't learning from his mistakes he is very stubborn he cant even say it was a red and we got sucker punched. Our final 1/3 finishing and decision making has cost us dear this season.

Hopefully the trip can galvanise the players and decide what the plan is for the rest of the season - it is very simple.
    Every game is a cup final and must be addressed in such manner, players must bust their balls who start, and those who come into the team must hit the ground running, show spirit.

Rangers might draw 1/2 games before we next meet who knows, they might pick up injuries and sell one or two in jan?

It is sad we are relying on all these things to occur outside our hands fs.

This isn't an overnight fix it is deep rooted and on sat we had too many passengers (christie, frimp, eddie ) unless you play with conviction and threat you are always vulnerable. What is worrying in the last 3 games v the rangers we have failed to show spirit and character to dig deep and get the draw or sneak the win. That is the sign of a good team who plays until the final whistle - we lack belief and Lennon does not promote belief in this team at present.

7. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I think some context has to be put on this. Of course it looks bad after the defeat on Saturday, but the reason this trip was booked in the first place was because confidence and morale were rock bottom.

That's why they are there so obviously the day they arrive is goanny be relax, settle in, chill out for the evening then be ready to work like * over the next few days.

Seems to me that things are blown out of proportion simply because of the defeat against the scum and the current points gap.

8. dmccourt95

Would’ve been easier to sack the donkey of a manager to raise morale than go across the world during a global pandemic

Peej likes this.
  9. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The * ain't getting sacked mate, the board have already * it so they'll wait till the summer.

10. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    A big CB camel and a big GK Camel with big camel toes might come in useful

TheWolf likes this.
  11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Never said it wasn’t legal.

It’s just stupid, irresponsible and unwarranted.

12. dmccourt95

Since the trip was announced at the start of December, Glasgow has been in Tier 4, a new strain was discovered and now lockdown has been announced while they’re away. Not to mention we postponed a game to make space for this trip when in previous years there’s been an actual winter break. This “R&R” plus the player mixing zone they have planned for lennoxtown are yet more distractions from the total incompetence surrounding the club

13. Celticbhoy97

That’ll be their wee holiday told to end now, back you get

14. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Your right whoever deemed it safe should be questioned aswell. We have heard lots from the likes of Leitch and Sturgeon about football only being allowed if the strictest of rules are there and followed , so it’s a strange one.

But come on, common sense is all that’s needed from Celtic to realise they should be training from Lennoxtown this week. There is no winter break this season and no other club will be going anywhere apart from their own training ground as usual. Throw in the fact a new varient of covid with a 70% more chance of transmission rate is floating about now.

15. Celticbhoy97

It’s no them actually having a drink that’s bothering people it’s the fact it’s no mare than a day and a half after being subjected to our 3rd derby defeat on the spin and more or less handing the title to they *... Emotions are raw as * for the fan base and they’re out there dancing out on the board walks sitting by the pool necking larger, smoking * in hot tubs off the back of Season Ticket holders cash.

You’d think Lennon of aw people would have known how we feel and told them to lay low and have a night at the end of the trip..

Once again we’ve been made to feel like absolute mugs

King of Kings and dmccourt95 like this.
  16. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

17. Mr. Slippyfist

Unwarranted, possibly.

Stupid and irresponsible, I disagree considering they are technically doing nothing wrong.

Random Review likes this.
  18. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Legally no. But they’ve gone against government guidance. Not a great look.

19. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If any Celtic players get covid while away on this Dubai trip it will be farcical.

20. Celticbhoy97

It’s a stick on if I was a betting man I’d say hibs are a good bet for a walk over on Monday when we’re told to self isolate

Celtic_renard likes this.