1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

If its true lawells out, zero chance lennon will be changed. That will be left for the new man to make a mark.

2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Do they still behead the gays? :fear:

3. Mr. Slippyfist

Well in that case, hopefully he gets caught in orgy with Christie Duffy and Bitton (with Lawwell watching from the wardrobe)

Sonic Reducer and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  4. Lecs

I can't argue with his tactics yesterday to be fair. He played the team we probably all wanted. We bossed the game for 65 minutes or so then the inevitable red card.

Historically, you do win some and you lose some. Against Rangers anyway before they died. Sometimes you'd play them off the park and still lose, and vice versa.

I wanted effort, fight, hunger and I got that from what I saw. Their goalkeeper made a few world class saves, that's why it's such an important position.

But to me it highlighted the recruitment this summer.

Completely deplorable recruitment. You think of how much money we spent on guys who are sat with splinters on their arses on our bench, guys who won't cut it at Celtic and need to be moved on.

Klimala - 3 million quid. Not going to cut it here let's be honest. Runs about, tries hard, would be good for Aberdeen or Hibs but never going to win titles with him as your main man week in week out.

Ajeti - 5 million quid or so, 5.5 million. Same as above, yeah he is a poacher and can bag a few goals, but never going to cut it here. Can't get in beyond an "unfit, poor attitude" Leigh Griffiths. Why shop in the * English Premier league Celtic?!.

Duffy - 2 million quid on loan fees apparently, utter * mince. A slap in the face of every paying supporter.

Barkas - 5.5 million quid, okay he played yesterday but we're all talking about getting in a replacement in January, whether it's Forster or somebody like that, he's nowhere near good enough.

Not signing another CB as well was * stupid. Letting Jozo go without signing at least two new defenders.

Going in with just one winger on the right in Forrest, and a youth player Mikey Johnstone as a left winger.

Signings have been * laughable, and best part of 20 million quid spunked.

For all Brendan Rodgers cost on wages, * it was about 2.5 million a year. Less than * Klimala's transfer fee. Aye okay he had a backroom staff and wanted certain big players but you get what you pay for fs.

Anyway, major rebuild next season needed.

A competent modern manager and a decent recruitment policy and we will win the league next season.

Huns will lose a few players in the summer, and ultimately their manager will leave in the few seasons so they will be rebuilding as well.

And btw, I lay the blame at Neil Lennon's door as well, he's been * dreadful this season with his decisions. Too much loyalty to too many arseholes. Not playing Soro and Turnbull until the season is done. Can't believe he never got sacked in November.

It's been a * * show of a season.

jj81, JML67, seanm and 1 other person like this.
  5. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Lenny should have been shown the door months ago, that's without argument, but he's still here & as I say no real manager would throw themselves into this situation, only a desperate one (who would prob still be better than Lenny I suppose)

Fwiw if Lenny sticks with the same system, signs a CB & makes a couple of personnel tweaks I still have faith we can go on a long winning run until the seasons end, call it blind faith if you like but that was an impressive first half against the scum without the goal prevented by a wonder save, had it remained 11v11 I think we'd have nicked it. The reaction against Hibs will be telling one way or the other.

Feels strange to have the title out of our hands though regardless of what we do, even if we won 19/19 games remaining, it still might not be enough, awful situation to be in. I must have been about 17 year old in the Mowbray season the last time this happened, or maybe it happened the season after under Lenny, can't remember if it was ever out of our hands that season, we * it at Inverness, so I suppose it was out of our hands on the last day, but never this early.

daniel 150381 likes this.
  6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Hopefully the Israeli’s launch a rescue mission for their former IDF hero and kill all the witnesses.

seanm and SteveyNico67 like this.
  7. SuperZidane

If that was true then I'd be a lot happier with the situation to be honest.

The league is over and, even if we won the Cup, it's just moving the deckchairs on the Titanic.

Getting rid of Lennon is a no-brainer but, as long as Lawwell is allowed to be a de-facto DoF, we are ****ed.

I know there has been speculation about Lawwell possibly going to be replaced by one of DD's sons but I have not seen anything concrete about Lawwell going and he didn't announce anything at the AGM.

If Lawwell were going, I assume the stock exchange would need to be informed before it happened?

Even if it were true, I would have 2 concerns - I would honestly prefer if we brought no-one in Jan rather than people that Lennon/Lawwell want - it won't change the league situation and a new manager will be handed players he didn't pick.

I wouldn't want Lawwell to handle the selection of a new manager - if he is leaving, that should be the responsibility of his successor.

If I'm honest, I have no faith in this board. The height of my expectations at present is that Lennon will go at the end of the season - if we start next season with a manager that isn't Lennon or JK - that's about as much as I'm hoping for - anything else would be a bonus.

Just Kieran likes this.
  8. jambo_cfc

Still would like lennon to leave but yesterday showed us that the huns are not as great as they and the media think and lennon might have just found enough to win the next too old firm games!, think they will still drop points ! Im Hoping that we have the same impact that we had last year where we start blowing teams out the park ! Think we have the correct formation and we just have to sign too or 3 players to make the league achievable! We need a gk (forster) a cb(tomori) , i dont think we need to sign someone to replace christie, we could move turnbull into christies position unless they are serious about this lad pearson from preston then it would be a like for like replacement, if not move moi into turnbulls position with turnbull dropping into christies! Moiwill get goals and is relatively good in the air and turnbull is fir enough to play box to box!!

Keep the faith lads , we have shown the best thing to do to rangers is get in there faces !! They have pittodrie, fir park and easter road in the next few weeks and hopefully teams will do the same and get in ther faces , they have been lucky every since the st mirren game where they go beat they havent had the same impact ! They will fold !

SteveyNico67 likes this.
  9. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We did dominate possession yesterday but nuch like alot of games this season we didn't take our chances or create enough, did you know we never managed another shot on target after mcgregors wondersave at 21 minutes?

In hindsight I think it's obvious the huns were just playing for a draw yesterday and weren't putting alot of effort into winning. Then after the red car Lennon absolutely shat the bed and made ridiculous subs completely ruining any chance of winning the game.

He doesn't deserve credit for playing well for 65 minutes and if I'm being completely honest we looked like we were playing better than we actually were.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    You're giving them way too much credit making out they weren't trying to win..

They may have been more cautious but that's because we smothered them and completely spooked and had them penned in..

They were trying to get out and time and again we were winning the ball up in or around their box..

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

That’s pathetic.

Like you said, it probably is one of those games where we thought we were playing better than we really were. Getting caught up in it.

We dominated the ball but we had 3 shots on target. Out of possession I thought we were great, winning the ball back quickly and not giving them a second. But our end product was non existent.

12. SuperZidane

Rangers have been poor over the last 3 - 4 weeks and yesterday was the worst they have played against us under Gerrard - yet they are still 19 points clear of us with a much better goal difference. They are not going to fold.

Our recent victories have been against 3 teams in the bottom 5, 1 mid-table (3 of these matches were at home) and a championship team that we only beat on penalties.

Rangers are 1\16 to win the title and we are 10/1.

I agree with you that Rangers* are not great (I actually think that we have a marginally better squad). They have just been less **** than us which is hardly difficult. It's the coaching that's made the difference.

We have been **** most of this season and that's Lennon's fault - simple as that. If we had brought in a new manager even in early November, we could have turned it around but its too late now.

The only way Rangers will fail to win the league would be if they went into administration again.

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    That's exactly why we didn't create as many chances as our play deserved..

Laxalt and Frimpong were continually the option and played in or in Frimpong's case, skinned his man but couldn't do anything with it..

14. Pogues

Right, so we thought we played well yesterday but we didnae really and we only dominated cause the Huns let us.

15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

That was nice of them. Good guys

Pogues likes this.
  16. oh bhoy

Why's this useless * not sacked yet

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Pretty embarrassing reading that from Huns, nevermind our own on here..

Gyp Rosetti and Pogues like this.
  18. Pogues

Nah, nothing pathetic about that performance yesterday mate. Dominated them and probably played far better than most of us expected. Yep, can argue some of the deliveries into the box should have been better but far from pathetic.

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

The performance wasn’t pathetic. The fact we never had a shot on target after the 21st minute is, given the control we had of the game.

seanm likes this.
  20. SteveyNico67

We go down to ten men

Lennon brings on a CB (a terrible one) and a RB.

It’s just inept.

I fancy he’ll be removed, Kennedy will be put in charge of team affairs; then, when he wins a meaningless end of season game against rangers, when the title is already at ibrox, he’s appointed permanent coach of Celtic whilst having a * after the game.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    seanm likes this.