1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Scum v Celtic, Scottish Premiership. Sat 2nd Jan 2021, KO 12:30. Sky Sports Football/Main Event.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Dec 30, 2020.

Discuss Scum v Celtic, Scottish Premiership. Sat 2nd Jan 2021, KO 12:30. Sky Sports Football/Main Event. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Next season is not automatic CL, still two rounds to play I thought.

2. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I seem to have read it a few months ago that it was automatic, and thought the board were inactive regarding the appointment of a new manager because of that. Makes it even more baffling if there's no automatic qualification.

3. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    Yep they enter at the 3rd qualifying round thing is they would be seeded we would not so no chance of us getting there if they win the league

4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Think we potentially was automatic depending on some results. I thought we did have 2 spaces this year though? Although we can't beat the * in the champions easy route let alone the hard as * route :56:

5. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

i agree, the subs after the sending off were * clueless. We would have still beaten them then with 10 men on the park, basically he gifted them the game at that point. Up until then point he's spot on with his starting selection (after finally figuring that one out after 6 months) but once he's under pressure mid-match like yesterday he's * clueless. * subs selections, what the * was he * thinking.

_DannyBhoy_ and oh bhoy like this.
  6. Lyonniste Olimpico Liyonês

The red card is the major fact of the match. Without it, Celtic would probably have won. But the Rangers are really impressive. Gerrard seems to be a very good coach.

7. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I'm starting to wonder if the team are on the sauce before these games, * up all our New Year celebrations, might be better forfeiting these new year games going by the last few years to save us all the agony.

8. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

Only in Scotland of course, like I said before every game it's 11 v 13 ( and thats from a Lion I had the fortunate opportunity to speak to at a Celtic event a few years back), and yet still we * WIN, Quad Treble and 9 in-a-row (again, and the first team to do it at the time). Keep the Faith and HH.

bagforlife and johnboy19 like this.
  9. Big C

Griffiths was probably not capable of lasting 90 mins anyway, never mind playing on his own up front. Soro was on a yellow so needed taken off, I suppose Lennon thought Brown was the natural replacement but McGregor, who was magnificent in the 1st half yesterday by the way, could have went in there. Elhamed was brought on to try and get Frimpong further up the pitch to support Edouard. The only one I can really disagree with, apart from Scott Brown, was Turnbull, unless he was injured and it certainly didn’t look like it.

10. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

I don't buy this Griffiths is unfit, we should have kept 2 up front and we would have eventually scored, only 20 min left to play when Soro was subbed not good enough to be subbed for that. Anyway its over now so onwards we go.

11. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I thought the general rule was that the referee stands back from any on field melee between players to get both a better view of what's happening and not to get injured himself ? Madhun obviously knew that little fat * was a stick on for a red the way he was acting and therefore took action to prevent his team going down to 10 men. Just another statistic in the long list of honest mistakes over the years but, especially, this season - and yet our club refuse to say anything again.

12. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I don't agree with those happy clappy supporters on FB and twitter who are saying, oh well, we have done the quadruple and we should be happy or that we forget the "bad old days" etc. Yes, I am glad we did the quadruple and yes, I remember the bad old days however, our club were in such a strong position of dominance both financially and on the park to ensure our continued dominance of Scottish football and continued improvement in Europe. Oh, and if we thought the MSM's love-in with "steven gerrard's rangers" was bad up to now, then be prepared for a helluva lot worse now.

Gully Sands likes this.
  13. wulliebad

Yeah im not in any way saying we lost this season because of the officials but i think its safe to say rangers have not dropped any points because of officials.But as i have said before,its not just this season its every season.And its time someone did something about it and forced a rule change to stop refs being in charge of the team they support and handing out 4 pens or ignoring stamps or other team being smashed in the face with a arm,or celtic players being stamped on v hearts and rangers. Or rangers players being pulled out of trouble by the ref so he does not have to send them off. Results of this season a side the game is rotten in Scotland and its time it was changed.

jj81 and johnboy19 like this.
  14. wulliebad

Its time we stopped insulting our own support because they have a different view to you, This i'm better than you * gets us no where.

richardm, Mickmac and Big C like this.
  15. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I am not insulting them wulliebad and I definitely don't think I am better than anyone. I just think that some fans are willing just to accept the negligence our board has shown in taking our club forward and think that, if they criticise the club or the manager or the board, they are not true Celtic fans. We have regressed both domestically and in Europe and, if our fans are willing to accept it, then we will continue to do so.

seanm likes this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    If I hear some * talking about the 90's as an argument my head's going in the oven at 180..

bagforlife likes this.
  17. joemc

See in my day back in the 90s ,we had to endure , hope it's fan assisted like this :celt_2:

seanm likes this.
  18. oh bhoy

That dopey * Lennon didn't even realise he still needed to win the * game even with 10 men absolute shitebag management we were in total control of that game the way our midfield was playing or maybe he decided playing for a draw at that point may have prolonged his employment.never should of been in the job but the failed hibs and failed bolton boss * the 10 as quickly as he possibly could .
    that orange * Madden putting bitton off for that challenge was as blatant a bit of cheating you will ever see but the board are constantly letting the * away with that sort of * without question ,they are ok with us being cheated their silence is a * disgrace

seanm likes this.
  19. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We never managed a shot on target after the 21st minute. I don't think we were creating enough to win.

20. joemc

Let's be honest that is more down to poor delivery than anything.