1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Shane Duffy

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Callum McGregor, Sep 1, 2020.

Discuss Shane Duffy in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Brighton have been in the PL for 4 years straight now, he had 3 full years in the top flight.

2. stew37

Actually mental how immobile he is, lumbers about slower than *.

3. Bazza Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Its a grand old team to play for
    Apologies mate, regardless he's rank rotten, whoever signed him should be hunted as well.

4. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Rafael Scheidt levels of *.

Bazza Bhoy likes this.
  5. Paradise88

We should be looking to terminate his loan this month.

6. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I left after a woeful Moi effort, so did Rangers slap us about for 20 minutes because Duffy seems to be getting some stick for it.

I'm more annoyed with the useless * that played 70 minutes.

7. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

We could of gotten better centre backs from the Scottish championship, how he is on £40k is beyond me.

8. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Came on and could easily have been aff for his challenge on Kent.

Another insipid display. Brings nothing to the team, even the set-piece threat has dissipated.

9. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Says it all when Lenny trust a makeshift CB ahead of him. Was lucky to stay on park for dreadful tackle. Got to send him back to BHA tomorrow.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  10. northeast67

* was the panick toe poke about, says it all!
    I can't ever remember a celtic player panicking like and he had some time on his side.

11. Lecs

He is the worst professional football player I have seen in my 30 years. For Celtic, for any team I have watched. I've seen better players at the local * park.

That wee flick at the edge of his own box yesterday reminded me of that thing you do when you play 5s, and you sorta say "right yous kick it into us" and you flick it into their half for them to punt it into your half.

Absolute * disgrace of a footballer, the wages he's on as well should be taken aff him and donated to the fans.

Best thing he's done in a celtic Jersey was take out that wee horrible Kent *.

Other than that Duffy is an *, and he makes me miss * like Gary Caldwell, Efe Ambrose And Deidrik Boyata. And I couldn't stand those * either.

12. Paul McAuley

Some of the comments here are tragic. The guy came on because the real idiot got sent off. Fukin Paul Telfer levels of scapegoating going on here.

Talking about what you did or didn’t do at 5 aside. The man captains Ireland and had played at the top level of the game for years. Get a grip.

Ciaran_67 likes this.
  13. Mr. Slippyfist

Scapegoating what? Who's blaming him solely on the defeat yesterday? No *.

Pointing out that this guy is THE worst CB that has ever been seen in a Celtic jersey is not scapegoating - it's being realistic.

I couldn't care less how many games he's played in the Premiership, or how many games he's played for Ireland, or that he's the Ireland captain - for Celtic he has been a complete and utter nuclear explosion of Chernobyl or Hiroshima levels.

Valhalla, PaddyBhoy and Lecs like this.
  14. DonnyCelt

He's disappointed massively. Would end his loan now and go for someone else. Worst defender I've ever seen in the Hoops.

15. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

It's fair to say this signing hasn't, and won't, work out for either us or Duffy. Or Brighton, who could have gotten a decent fee for him in Summer, but his value will have plummeted now.

I was all for it when he signed. I hoped he'd add aggression and physicality in defence, as well as leadership and experience in general. Didn't think his style quite suited ours, but thought he'd be decent nonetheless.

During our worst spell of the season, the full-backs and defensive midfielders didn't offer anywhere near enough support to the central defenders, and Duffy's lack of pace was exposed regularly. He'd get dragged into areas where he wasn't comfortable and would make rash decisions. His confidence clearly took a bad hit during that spell and it seems like he just hasn't recovered.

Ideally we'd be able to cut ties this month, but Jullien's injury means that if Duffy did leave, we'd have Ajer, Bitton (who is suspended) and Welsh - so I can't see it happening.

16. Mr. Slippyfist

That's solely down to the manager's tactics. Far too many times has our defence been seen too high up the park and caught out by a quick counter-attack. The Bitton sending off was the perfect example of it, everycunt up the park, quick break away and Bitton (CB) is left to go wide left and try and get back on Morelos who had the advantage of him all day long.

* disgusting to think that even * plebs like me can see it, but the manager can't.

17. Big C

He’s been absolutely brutal, no doubt. I was hoping that we’d get a free kick around their box and maybe he’d get his head onto it but by * any free kicks or corners we got Moi completely * them up!!! Oh by the way he’s another that can head back down south for me right now.

18. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Exactly. I’d say we’d have suffered a much worse defeat if Duffy had been on the pitch from the get go.

Dan Breen and Bazza Bhoy like this.
  19. Pogues

Sorry mate but the fact that Duffy is as slow as a week in the jail, has no positional awareness and can't pass a ball has nothing to do with Lennons tactics.

20. Mr. Slippyfist

I never said that his tactics are causing Duffy's failings, I said that DSPITE his obvious failings Lennon still continues to play his CB's too high up the park.