1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SuperZidane

Absolutely, the only thing that could make the scum fans happier would be the thought of Lennon staying next season.

Unfortunately, the situation requires action from our board so we're ****ed.

If Celtic are considering a manger who is currently out of work then do it now and give them time to assess the players over the next few months.

If it is someone currently in work, then announce that Lennon is leaving at the end of the season or if he goes, give it to JK but make it clear its only until the end of the season.

I live abroad so a season ticket is not an option for me.

I spend a fair amount on merchandise, Celtic TV etc - speaking for myself, the club won't see another penny out of me until I know who the manager will be next season.

I'm not sure how season ticket payments work - personally I would not purchase/renew until I knew who the manager will be next season.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't put it past DD/PL to wait until many people have committed and then announce either that Lennon is staying or they're giving it full time to JK.

I love the club but its clear that these ****s don't care what the fans think and will only act if they think it will effect their bottom line.

2. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    just give them a wash nothing wrong with second hand, hand me downs ha ha

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  3. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    He is an absolutely atrocious manager and the fact he's managing us is an absolute disgrace

He absolutely * it against Ferancvaros, and failed to capitalise on our equalizer. You can almost guarantee the huns would have pumped them which is infuriating.

The huns then absolutely strolled the first game against us, worst I've seen us play against them since we fluked the cup final.

He gets absolutely pumped TWICE by a very average Sparta Prague side, and instead of bouncing back from those defeats he loses to Ross county and draws to St Johnstone, 3 of those results were at home.

He then flukes a proper managerial decision by finally realising that Turnbull and Soro are our best midfield, despite the constant horrendous performances by Christie, Brown and even Mcgregor.

His reputation is already *, yet he'll stay on til the end of the season, completely draining any sort of momentum we would get from appointing a new manager.

Neil Francis Lennon can go * himself.

Lewis Kerr, ede, Martybhoy53 and 3 others like this.
  4. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Today Lennon got his starting 11 pretty much spot on, only for poor finishing and good goal keeping we were not leading at half time. I said at half time I didnt think we could sustain that tempo in the second half so changes needed to be made. Christie was struggling and should have been subbed at half time for maybe Ely to keep the tempo up, thats hindsight for you. That was Lennons first failing. Nothing Lennon could do about the sending off, not his fault there however the changes he made were bizarre. Was it Strachans lap top that suggested these changes ? We ended up with virtually no shape inviting them on to us. His second failing, no plan B to fix things during a game regardless being a man down.

So ultimately the failing to win 10 IAR lays at the manager, lets face it the League is gone. His stubbornness over the last few weeks to change the system, to change the starting 11 has cost him. It has taken him 5 months into a season to find a system that works ffs. But I think it goes much further than Lennon. Some will say he was backed this season but was he really? Money was spent but too late for CL qualification, in comparison Huns got their players in early while we dragged our heels again. Lawell has to answer this, why always wait?

The Huns threw everything they had and don't have at this season to stop us going for 10, they gambled more debt for shares. Getting 10 was our objective but Lawell too scared to match that gamble. He spent money but who wanted the players that came in, Duffy ? Barkas? Ajeti? Lennon doesn't even have his choice of coaching staff. We needed another CB, we needed cover for Forest, dithering in deals cost us other players.

With failing to qualify for the CL again, a poor run and out of Europa, spending money on players that are not up to the standard we require but will have a less sell on value, no merchandising of 10 IAR, Lawell will have lost the Club a lot more money over the last couple of seasons and at least for the next 2 when we have to rebuild, than what he would have saved with his penny pinching to ensure the big dividends for the major share holders. That in itself is negligence and should be removed before he does anymore damage. We need to change from top to bottom otherwise we will end up playing second fiddle to the Huns, and from the position we were in to where we are now is unacceptable.

5. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Completely moronic delusion.

And he is a * for not quitting.

And the board are * for not sacking him.

seanm likes this.
  6. Celticbhoy97

Many fuckwits don’t understand this is the accumulation of numerous embarrassments, LC final embarrassing even in victory our performance was laughable, The last derby of last season embarrassing, Copenhagen embarrassing, Ferenvacros embarrassing, Riga and Sarajevo embarrassing even in victory, Huns at home humiliating, Milan (H) Sparta (H) (A), Ross county unforgivable, St Johnstone disappointed but not surprised, Hibs 2-0 down lucky to even muster a draw, Hearts took to penalties off a team in the division below shipping 3 goals and being 2-0 up now the day started well 30 minutes is all we got, no shots on target for the full last hour...

this is all in the space of a year more or less. why the * is this disgrace still manager of this club

7. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    See tbh mate, until the last few games or so, he’s had Hibs looking fairly impressive. Wouldn’t be anyone’s number one choice, but he’s proving to be a better manager than Lennon at this moment in time.

8. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    If I could like this post 100 times..I would.

9. seanm

Brilliant post.HH

10. shaw1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone / Let the people sing
    Neil Frances Lennon
    The man who lost 10 in a row...

Literally all he will be remembered for now.

11. seanm

Correct mate.HH

12. James Gold Member Gold Member

Said at the time and I'll say again the board backed their mate to give him the chance to be a treble winning captain and manager and in doing so tarnished everyone involved legacy and it's such a strange hill to die on. Literally to a man the support seen this happening but yet again from boardroom to dugout they've had their heads up their arses and kept a manager in place to spite their own support. * every single one of them

13. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    naw naw naw, once upon a time when he had a supreme manager for the time, and no domestic competition he achieved so much. lighten up and lick his boots.

14. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Deila got sacked for less. WAY less.

15. Celticbhoy97

No even a whimper or a rumble that this * is gone.. a * gee up

16. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    The only place he's goin is Dubai .

Maddie likes this.
  17. Celticbhoy97

Just need to hope he accidentally put his hand on a Dubai Taxi drivers leg and gets a 20 stretch

18. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Don't talk pish.

19. Maddie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bobby Petta... he was shite now he's betta
    Now known as the man partially responsible for losing us 10 in a Row... him and Lawwell!

20. Mr. Slippyfist

* * hen where have you been hiding?????