1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Scum v Celtic, Scottish Premiership. Sat 2nd Jan 2021, KO 12:30. Sky Sports Football/Main Event.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Dec 30, 2020.

Discuss Scum v Celtic, Scottish Premiership. Sat 2nd Jan 2021, KO 12:30. Sky Sports Football/Main Event. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Forgetting the fact that his subs were shocking today after the red. It's not just about today, he's an absolute diddy who should never be near our club.

Artorias likes this.
  2. TheHappyLoss

We should have won and we didn’t. So that’s us *. There’s insight right there :(

JML67 likes this.
  3. KEANO1

We keep 11 men on the park and simply we win the game. Lennon played they team we all wanted.

They are ordinary, game could have been done in first half if we were more clinical.

Time for prayers and hope for a big tax case...

Artorias likes this.
  4. joemc

Rip wot up , we have the bases of a very good team ,players will leave this summer ,worst thing we can do is to make drastic changes ,the big call will be at managerial level , league looks over tbh , fans want change , and but for Frazer Forster not keeping to our plans this season pans out differently , our defence lost confidence and so did the manager .

5. Conor tierney

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Two spots for champions league next year. No automatic qualification. That will be the following season depending on where Scotland coefficient ends up this year

6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The sub should have been Christie for the defender (was Duffy the only option? Probably not since elhamed was there as well).

Go with a 432 and still control the midfield while allowing a strike partnership to continue.

Not rocket science, but as we day, the first chance he got he played his way in to basically playing the old guard again.
    Only surprise was that brown wasn't the double sub in the first instance.

From a midfield control of soro, McGregor, Turnbull we went to just brown.

How he remotely thought that was the way to salvage the game is beyond me.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

MagicBallBhoy and _DannyBhoy_ like this.
  7. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

It’s not. It’s like 1st in QR3 and 2nd in QR2 or something like that.

8. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

We don't have a better squad though. If we had a better squad we wouldn't have went into our biggest game in a decade with a makeshift defence. We wouldn't have went in to it having had to rotate between 3 * keepers trying to find the least bad. We wouldn't have an out of form cm playing wide. We go down to 10 and all we can bring on is the biggest donkey in scottish fitba and a guy whose well past it.

If we had better players we would have won today . Ultimately we lost because we had plenty of possession but were wasteful in the final 3rd and only really created shots from around the edge of the box. We could barely make 5 yard passes in critical areas without under or overcooking it. Edouard is still running into dead ends. Delivery from the full backs was appalling and shooting from Christie was even worse. And the big hope for midfield just ran Round barging into the opposition.

This was a big chance, they weren't in it and we still weren't good enough to win.

bhoy81 likes this.
  9. Conor tierney

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    We played them off the park. Some days your luck just isn’t in. Subs were suspect but it’s tough position a man down not sure what I would’ve done either. No shots on target and they win jammy *. Still don’t think the league is over but we need to win the next 10 games and see how it looks.

TheWolf likes this.
  10. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    A big gub of snus and he could have taken them all out :56: You may think im mental which is understandable after todays result but I still dont think think this is over. I seen enough today to see they will drop more points than us and we will win the last 2 games against them. I need another beer.

11. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    You sure? I honestly thought it was this season.

12. bhoy81

If that’s the case then I will admit I’ve got it wrong.

I saw a report saying this seasons league winners go into the groups a while back.

13. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Still raging but will try to be as honest as possible re the game. We were totally dominant today and, if it hadn't been for that * in goals, we would have won that today. Bitton was caught wrong side and hence why he had to bring down that little *. Maybe it was he didn't trust our GK to save anything if the little * had got through on goal ad that made his mind up for him but it was still a ridiculous foul to make. Obviously the game changed from that moment on but it took an og from McGregor for them to win it. Christie was anonymous throughout and Eddy needs to just put his laces through the ball sometimes and not try to take on the whole defence. I wouldn't blame NL for our defeat as it was decided by a major mistake by one of the players however, todays game does show us a couple of things - we need a decent keeper and that they are not as "great" as so many people are trying to make out.

14. Conor tierney

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Yep I’m sure. There’s a one season lag. Scotland is very close to 11th spot I think it is now which would get an automatic one. Second place is into the champions league 2nd round I think

15. bhoy81

I would say more than suspect. Regarding the subs.

Rather us go down fighting instead of trying to hold on for a draw which cost us in the end.

16. bhoy81

Cheers for clearing that up

17. Popes 11 Guest

Points wins leagues! bases of a very good team? Seriously? Same very good team basis that downed tools long before today.

18. Girvan-shamrock

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers song
    Gutted is an understatement, we were by far the better team before the sending off. That was the right team selection today, absolutely 100% bang on. Sending offs either make you or break you and today our luck was out. They know fine well that they were lucky, and their luck will run out. Maybe I'm clutching at straws here but I firmly believe its still do-able.

TheWolf likes this.
  19. joemc

Ref had a very decent game chockes me to say though .

20. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Our finishing and final balls were worse. It was a red everyday, the one big decision was correct.