1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Scum v Celtic, Scottish Premiership. Sat 2nd Jan 2021, KO 12:30. Sky Sports Football/Main Event.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Dec 30, 2020.

Discuss Scum v Celtic, Scottish Premiership. Sat 2nd Jan 2021, KO 12:30. Sky Sports Football/Main Event. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

The numbers back it up, as does the old eye test.

But please, don’t let it stop you from leaving.

dmccourt95 and Aidan O’Shea like this.
  2. Ipswichbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Last bit of alcohol tomorrow before I clean up my act and get a bit healthier in the new year. Hopefully I'm celebrating 10iar being back on and not drowning sorrows. Mon celtic :shamrock:

..... If we win the league I'll happily break my new year resolution

Captain Brown and johnno379 like this.
  3. KingArtur'1

4-5-1 or variants of it ie 4-2-3-1 does not work against them. Play it and we will lose they have walked all over us the past 4 games we have played that way

Mickmac likes this.
  4. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I wouldn't be surprised if that's the team.

5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The old eye test :56:

I’m not a Taylor hater, he’s dependable in possession but every single pass is backwards or sideways and he literally couldn’t beat my 90 year old Granny in a one on one.

I know he has assists, he’s a decent player but Laxalt is a better offensive full back and it’s no even an argument or debate.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  6. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    The pitch will be as narrow as can be it will be tight to find space in the middle of the park, I expect them to sit in and play long balls up to peted lip for him to hold up and win free kicks, you see them off the ball and they all come back into there own half we will need to be careful not to get hit on the break I think the current system we have been playing with the currect players is working well I'd go with that for tomorrow, I suspect lennon will play brown either for soro or griff the latter would need a change in system and I think we would get beat in that case

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Doesn’t matter how much better Laxalt is at beating a player (and he isn’t great at that either btw), his final ball is absolutely rotten. There’s a reason he’s had zero assists this season in 15 appearances. Most of his crosses end up on the opposite sideline.

Taylor creates more goalscoring opportunities. Aye he doesn’t dribble past players our outrun them, but he often finds himself in dangerous areas high up the pitch. His final ball isn’t very good either, but it’s better than Laxalt’s.

His key passes per 90 is higher than Laxalt’s as well by the way. So I agree that he passes backwards or sideways too often, but they both do. Frimpong does as well.

Neither of them are good enough. But if we’re talking about who is most likely to create a goal for us, it’s quite evidently Taylor.

johnno379 likes this.
  8. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Seen this earlier.

johnno379 likes this.
  9. JamesM09

Laxalt has been * offensively for us.

Valhalla and Officer Doofy like this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Genuinely believe he starts Brown tomorrow in some sort of 451. We're better with 2 up top imo.

Pin their full backs and close Goldson when in possession. And Eddy needs to turn up.
    We need 3pts.

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Jesus.

Our full backs should be threatening the top of that. Wonder where Frimpong ranks.

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Laxalt is better than Taylor middle to front. You are basing your opinion on Laxalt, as many are, on one of the worst periods in our entire history form and results wise.

He is capable of so much more than Taylor who we’ve all watched for seasons in Scotland - he’s a decent defender, dependable in possession with ridiculous stamina who has zero acceleration or pace or ambition to drive to the byline and create. Laxalt is capable of the performances he made when he first came into the team, which is night and day offensively in comparison with Taylor.

Partially true but look at the period you’re judging on him and ask yourself who comes out of it with pass marks. Ajer, at a push.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  14. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Did get an important goal at hibs in fairness.

I wouldn't say he's been * but he's definitely being overrated.

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I get what you're saying, but Taylor has been playing during this period as well and is still looking more dangerous going forward, albeit I do say that loosely.

Laxalt was impressive in his early showings mainly because of his drive, energy and determination. Yes he was fairly good in possession and an aggressive tackler as well. But even in those early weeks, his final ball was still pish. Plenty people said at the time, myself included, that it was the only thing he was really lacking. Since then he's still lacking it, and has regressed in other areas as well.

For me, Laxalt is better in the first two thirds of the pitch. Better defender and better at driving forward with the ball. But Taylor has a better delivery.

Mickmac likes this.
  16. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    C'mon the Hoops. Do us proud, that's all we ask for. :ynwacelti:ynwacelti:ynwacelti

17. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Just 16 games left after this one. Absolutely must win.

Metrobhoy and Lennon1888 like this.
  18. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    If running down the wing then 90% of the time you’re cross not clearing the first defender is being better offensively then fair enough- agree Laxalt getting forward isn’t great either and people got a bit carried away with him because of how bad we had been but at least Laxalt knows how to be physical at times and win a 50-50 challenge which Taylor rarely does

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  19. jj81

20. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Canny * sleep!!

Hope we beat these rats today !!

Garrymac1888 likes this.