1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Scum v Celtic, Scottish Premiership. Sat 2nd Jan 2021, KO 12:30. Sky Sports Football/Main Event.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Dec 30, 2020.

Discuss Scum v Celtic, Scottish Premiership. Sat 2nd Jan 2021, KO 12:30. Sky Sports Football/Main Event. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. leeso-ardoyne

Form goes out the window in these games! History tells us this. It's who's up for it most on the day and that'll be us!

2. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Diamond and 2 up to show intent. I personally don't think it's a must win but they'd take the draw before us, whether they admit it or not. Same mentality as when Eddy kicked the ball from KO that time into their corner and said we're gonna play this on the front foot and in your half as much as we can. Make their full backs defend as much as we can and then they can't get forward. Other than the obvious defensive issues my main concern is Christie. If we're at it middle to front we've plenty to cause them all sorts of bother!

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

It’s a definite must win, if our intention is to pick up a point and rely on others to do something against them then we are *.

It’s down to us to stick a needle in their balloon, 3 points tomorrow is a lot more than just 3 points. It’s a marker, it’s the end of their undefeated run, it’s beating them in their own patch, it’s proving they’re not the team that folk are desperate to tell us that they are, it’s continuing our own momentum and winning streak.

Slaw, NomDePlum, Gyp Rosetti and 5 others like this.
  6. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It really doesn’t.

7. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Exactly, that’s utter bullshit from the media that folk have started to believe.

8. leeso-ardoyne

I have lost count of the amount of these games I've watched or been at. Infact I've never missed one either on TV or been at it since I was a young teenager(I'm now 40) I remember loads of times the team in form or odds on favorites getting humped. Tomorrow will prove this when we come out winners!

9. davidhannah

The back four is the major concern.

I think we should go with Frimpong, Ajer, Biton and Laxalt.

Biton is better at controlling the ball and coming forward. Frimpong seems to have that low centre of gravity. Is everything we need coming forward. Laxalt I'm a big fan. We need to keep the ball on the deck, short sharp passes.

Duffy would offer good threat from corners, However the hard man act failed spectuarly in the last game he seemed to get caught out often with their runs. So I wouldn't pick him. We don't need Brown either.

Rangers don't play a lot of long balls. I don't think there's any need for Duffy. Biton has enough pace to intercept their runs and passes. Ajer will win the headers!

Were going to go to Ibrox and play the Celtic way. It's no cauldron. There's no fans. We need to go and play Celtic way. And I believe Soro is the man man to win that Midfield battle.

I think we'll beat them 3-0. I'm confident! There in for a shock this Rangers mob were going to outclass them while playing good football!

packybhoy likes this.
  10. limezer

We better man mark at set pieces, If I see Goldson left to wonder I won’t be impressed.

littlekennie likes this.
  11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Yer man always makes a great compilation video
    :party22:

_DannyBhoy_ and The Phoenix like this.
  12. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Quietly confident. Looking forward to it now :50: get right intae them.

13. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Ajer will win the headers !!!!:34::56:

14. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Brilliant DannyBhoy:57:. That's got me in the mood and will be played full blast tomorrow

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  15. strike twice

A very good new year to all forum members . Our collective wellbeing would gain a massive lift if we were to come away from the Bigot Bowl with 3 points , no matter how we do it . Hopefully things that have failed to click so far this season , will drop into place , and we can start our campaign to keep a hold of the league trophy .

bagforlife likes this.
  16. davidhannah

We've got good moment. Free flowing football where going to school the * tomorrow on their own Turf. I'm telling you. I believe it to be true. They are the ones that will the flying late into tackles chasing our tail. We won't allow them to even get a touch of the ball. They'll be picking up cards left right and centre! We've got more class in midfield than them.

James Tavenier is a loser captain. He doesn't know what a trophy looks like! We've got the Scottish Cup in the cabinet! They don't have anything! There losers. Second best rejects. There just keeping that top spot warm for us with their Fake News 16 point lead.

Were going to dance around the *! 3-0 to the tic.

TheWolf and Boruc17 like this.
  17. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
    If we play this back four it will be shooty in for Rangers. Long diagonals all day behind Frimpong.

18. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    What's your defence?

19. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Nonsense that’s where king soro comes in and sweeps up and nips them in the bud. :77:

20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony