1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Scum v Celtic, Scottish Premiership. Sat 2nd Jan 2021, KO 12:30. Sky Sports Football/Main Event.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Dec 30, 2020.

Discuss Scum v Celtic, Scottish Premiership. Sat 2nd Jan 2021, KO 12:30. Sky Sports Football/Main Event. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Shane1888

Trying not to get carried away at all here, but if we win tomorrow it could send them completely on a downwards spiral.

Their next two games after us are Aberdeen and Motherwell away. Two difficult places to go if you're not in form. We have Hibs and Livingston at home in our next two games.

Of course the table will still *officially* say 13 points behind even if we win tomorrow, but I think a victory against them will be enough to send us on our way for the rest of the season.

Beat them tomorrow and win those 3 games in hand and the gap is 4 points, with two derbies to go and two tough away trips for them coming up in the next two weeks.

2. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I'm quietly confident here and not sure why really. Not sure I should be either from years of experience.

Happy New Year all by the way!!:67:

SteveyNico67 and leeso-ardoyne like this.
  3. Shane1888

Just another aside, despite everything that has happened since October, I still firmly and genuinely believe we have the best overall squad in the country.

Our defence is consistently the main aspect that we struggle with. If we could sort that out once and for all, with a settled back four and a consistent goalkeeper, we would have no issues whatsoever.

The main difference this season is that Gerrard has a very settled squad, they've had hardly any injuries or COVID worries, they play as a team and everyone knows their individual role.

However, as individuals go, I really think our squad is better in midfield and attack.

He has them very well drilled and that's the main worry when facing this incarnation of them now.

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Heidbanger on Clyde 1 last night predicting a 7-0 win for the huns tomorrow :giggle1:

Just what you like to see. Encourage it, then punish it.

There's nothing better than crushing an arrogant hun's dreams and we've certainly done that more than a few times on and off the pitch

Fear no hun, ever. Geez it :boxing:

5. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

6. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Well i am going for a superb 3-2 win to us,come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ynwacelti

7. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Not a chance he is. Lennon knows he’d be run all over and with the season on the line he has no choice but to leave him out. If things weren’t as bad and it was only a couple points he’d continue playing him for some reason but he’s surely now seen it’s best to fade him out.

8. leeso-ardoyne

This is what I'm thinking! This game can't come quick enough. Can't * wait for it I tell ya! 3-2 tomorrow to start of the year chuffed to * and to put pressure on them *. They are definitely going to start dropping points soon and no better time than tomorrow

cidermaster likes this.
  9. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Its not only the fact we are going to beat them,it will be like getting 6 points,not 3,and the Hun's old Enemy Pressure will start squeezing them harder and harder as the fixtures roll on!!:60:

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  10. Girvan-shamrock

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers song
    Arfield confirmed out, Ryan Jack highly unlikely to be named on bench. Expect same team when they played St Mirren. Graffiti on the wall says up the celts

11. joemc

Lol m8 it's just his face gives that impression , totally nothing in it bar that , more down to his angry wee face ,similar to morrelos ,look like bitter wee angry people .

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Airfield and Jack out? That’s a blow

13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Thoughts

14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Nobody is giving us a chance tomorrow which is what you would expect.

His team imo will be

Barkas

Frimpong ajer bitton taylor

Brown mcgregor

Christie turnbull Moi

Edouard
    When imo it should be

Barkas

Frimpong ajer bitton taylor

Christie Soro mcgregor

Turnbull

Edouard griffiths

15. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Can't disagree with any of this Unfortunately. Understand the bravado but I think its a bit unfounded this time.

Would bite the proverbial hand off for a draw right now. Hope I'm wrong though.

Mr Hoopy likes this.
  16. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

This game has been hanging over me all Christmas to be honest.

We're going to Ibrox and Lennon's still in charge. I'm * dreading it truth be told.

Few beers tonight to take the edge off and same again in the morning.

Into. These. *

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    RiquelmeCSC and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  17. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

No sign of Julien at training today

18. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Our back 4 giving me the fear..

Didn’t want Frimpong anywhere near the starting lineup for this but looks like our hand will be forced.

Our Midfield and strikers are going to need to do a fair old job..

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  19. Foley1888

Given our defensive fragilities for me we need to stick with the 4-4-2 diamond. Utilise the high energy of the midfield four and get plenty of service to Griffiths and Eddy to really test them at the back and force their offensive players to defend.

If we don’t play Eddy and Griff I can’t see us winning, if they do then the rest of the team have to give them the platform to go and win us the game.

20. Sgt Neppers*

The diamond, stick with it. With the exact 6 (forward players)that have started the previous few games. It makes sense. Julien out is a blow but we're more solid in the diamond 442 than previously defensively.

When defending, Griff or Eddy can drop and occupy the 10 space allowing Calmac and Christie to fall back in and protect the full backs. Soro and Turnbull can cover the centre no issues. The diamond going forward, allows 2 CF pressing Up, with the 2 wide men and Turnbull. A big overload can be shifted to either flank quickly.

It's there and can be done. Only hope is Lennon doesn't * the bed and revert to Broony, 1 up top or 4231.