1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ismaila Soro.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Jan 22, 2020.

Discuss Ismaila Soro. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

This is hands down the greatest moment of 2020.

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  3. Mr. Slippyfist

You must have had a right * year.

Rydo1888* and Twisty like this.
  4. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Agreed :50:

Hopefully he scores another screamer of a swerve against McGregor on Saturday to make a good start to the New Year :35:

The Phoenix likes this.
  5. joemc

You've kinda undone your point a little by saying wot is in effect true ,the team as a unit failed it can never really be down to one player unless a team member makes a total c#nt of it during play , and I can only remember brown giving away a tired looking penalty challenge few month back ,he has not been anywhere near our worst performing player , and 3 games before the change to soro, brown was 1 of our better players for those 3 games , dont think it has anything to do with his friendship with broony , nl can be ruthless if needed, and shows bravery and tons of character, he may not be everyone's cuppa t his love , passion and determination defines him, but in football management your only as good as your last game and fans turn quicker than milk .

Big C likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I dont think its a coincidence we look better when Brown isn't playing

RogicHasMagicToes likes this.
  7. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Well to argue one players influence (in terms of leadership, motivation, making the team play better around him etc) can have a huge affect on the team doesn't make sense either then if you only praise him for wins but absolve him of any blame for poor results just because he didn't have a poor individual moment within the game, it's his job to make the team perform around him with these leadership qualities he's supposed to carry, that hasn't happened in the CL Qualifiers over the last three seasons. End of the day his influence on the overall team has always been hugely exaggerated & that's an opinion I've always had on him, great players are what make great teams & if you're a great leader on top of that it's a bonus but Soro has showed more leadership than Brown all season through his performances.

Btw Brown has been slowing the team down all season which has had a massive negative ripple affect on the whole team dynamic, because he isn't as mobile as he used to be it's gave the opposition more opportunities to score during games whilst also at the other end seen us struggle to create more chances because too many of his passes are sideways & backwards, just because he wasn't giving away pens game to game like the one at Hibs doesn't mean he wasn't having a negative affect on the team week in, week out.

On your Lenny being ruthless point, he is with certain players but not with others. For example, it took him an eternity to be ruthless in dropping Brown which was basically forced upon him due to how much he was slowing the team down & with things at crisis point before Lille at home, but the likes of Ajer, CalMac, Christie & Forrest have had periods of very poor form at certain points yet have never been near getting dropped.

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Where the * have you been??? :56:

9. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Ridiculous he’s only now starting to get a game.

Brilliant players who’s passing is seriously underrated.

The Phoenix likes this.
  10. Mr. Slippyfist

Banned :56::56::56:

PaulM1888 and Rydo1888* like this.
  11. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Just do it.

:84:

12. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    You don't half talk some *.

Spring Time and The Dude like this.
  13. WhitleyCelt

One thing I’ve noticed today about the wee man is when our wing backs go flying up the park, 9 out of every other 10 times Soro will cover the defensive area of that position whilst they are attacking. Provides that cover very well and takes the pressure off the wing backs. Very clever little footballer with a big future ahead. Absolutely criminal if Broony starts ahead of him on Saturday

14. joemc

You can't really say brown hasn't had influence on the team with 9 titles in his locker and 4 domestic clean sweeps on the bounce , so for me to negate that is doing him a disservice, he will go down as 1 of the great captains ,also his play especially under Rodgers was top quality and was first name in the sheet on merit ,however he has slowed a bit ,more down to an extended break from football and and age obviously ,but still for me was playing well at the point he was dropped although soro has been absolutely brilliant since he's come in ,his ball winning (cleanly) is impressive and composed receiving under pressure and passes very well .
    I think lenny tried to go with tried and trusted because it worked ,maybe too long but thats also understandable.

15. joemc

Great , I've joined a very long list of fans on here who are not immune to that ,and having read that over again it was FULL of * , too much time and boredom is my excuse though .hh

Spring Time likes this.
  16. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    How many domestic clean sweeps did we do under Brown as captain before Brendan arrived? Brendan was by far the biggest reason for the domestic domination we enjoyed from the Invincible season (in which you're right Brown had an incredible season that season, for me his best in the hoops) onwards due to the standards he implemented, Brown has been captain over our last 9 titles but if you're telling me that without Browns influence over the previous 9 seasons that we don't win all 9 then I don't buy that sorry, imo we win the last 9 titles with or without Brown in the side, because over the last 9 seasons we've had the best squad in Scotland who paid out the most in transfer fees & wages, that's the biggest reason as to why we won the last 9 titles, you make it sound like Brown has the power to lead a team like Motherwell to the league title such is his influence on a group of players. Not disputing his place in history because he's been the captain in place during all that success but I just feel some supporters over exaggerate his leadership qualities because as I said, we've failed to qualify for the CL (the biggest target alongside winning the league every season) so many times to absolute diddies under his watch as captain.

Even at certain points last season the 'tried & trusted' in regards to Brown wasn’t working either though, the warning signs were there, he had a shocker at home to Cluj in the Qualifier, home & away to Copenhagen, at Hampden & Celtic Park against Sevco, away to Livi, there were many occasions last season that pointed towards the fact that Brown should have no longer been starting every week, Lenny just wasn’t strong enough to go through with it due to as I say the personal relationship they have off the pitch, it's the reason he didn't let anyone see Soro for any length of time so he didn't have the chance to impress, it was all to protect Brown.

17. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Wouldn't surprise me if Brown was the one who spoke up and asked Lennon, “Listen Gaffer, we need younger fitter legs in there”. Similar to how MoN transitioned Lambert out of the team he was still in and around but not the first name on the sheet anymore.

18. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    No chance imo, would have happened long ago if he was going to do that, Brown would have continued playing every week had Lenny not bit the bullet on making the decision.

19. Andybhoy93

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Although age might be a factor for broony knowing soro will get a game now and give him competition might be the kick up the * he was needing. What a goal Soro keep it up

20. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    Looks the real deal! Absolutely tragic that he hasnt been playing all season. What the * have the coaching staff been doing ?

Rydo1888* and DonnyCelt like this.