1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ismaila Soro.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Jan 22, 2020.

Discuss Ismaila Soro. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    And that's what soro will bring, a winning midfield battle.
    The way forward for a midfield three has to be soro, with McGregor and Turnbull slightly in front.
    The top of the "diamond", the number ten, should be a rotation of Christie or rogic - depending who's truly in form.

There is no place for Brown in this side at present, likely not in the future either.

He just slows the game down, takes the sting out the game and is easily targeted to be put under pressure.
    Soro is the opposite of all that.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

FranceCelt likes this.
  2. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Soro should be first name on the team sheet and anyone that doesn't think so hasn't been watching us since he started getting his game or hasn't a * scooby about football.. and that's a fact

3. Big C

I’m not saying he should play, but he will.

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Again, I definitely wouldn’t have Turnbull dropped back to do the donkey work next week. Keep him higher up the pitch.

I’m definitely not saying drop Soro for next week, so I don’t know why you’re comparing them there. It’s Christie I’d have him in for, who I think is playing terrible just now.

And he still takes some corners/free kicks with Turnbull on the pitch. * infuriates me.

Gabriel, Random Review and Peej like this.
  5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'd keep the team exactly the same. Why change what works.

martin_d likes this.
  6. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That statement alone tells you he shouldn't be starting anymore, if he can't give what he used to give, with his current best being nowhere near good enough (as has been painfully witnessed in his last three appearances against them), then starting him would be a disastrous decision.

You might not agree but for me Browns constant involvement in the team this season is the biggest reason (notice I said biggest & not sole) we've been knocked out the CL, EL, LC, dropped too many points in the league & nearly lost the SC, he's slowed us down all season & his presence has had a negative ripple affect on the team from lacking creativity in attack to giving up way too many chances at the back, as well as negatively affecting the performances of players around him, CalMac an example of playing with less freedom. He should now occupy a Tom Boyd final season role, in the background.

martin_d likes this.
  7. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Does Christie work against Sevco or have his overall performances been working recently? I think a few tweaks are needed for Dundee Utd before Ibrox.

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    More trying to keep this relevent to soro in this thread, I'd not play both soro and brown though, browns inclusion will just get in the way of soro doing his thing and would still slow our game down massively.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

TheWolf and Liam Scales like this.
  9. JamesM09

Soro to start, Brown should be no where near the team.

10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He should start on Wednesday, if he plays as well as he has been on Wednesday then there’s no even a debate to be had - he should start the following weekend.

Liam Scales likes this.
  11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Honestly even if he plays a stinker against United I reckon he’s earned his place next week against the Scum.

Hammy89 and Random Review like this.
  12. northeast67

442 diamond in the mid with soro cdm 100%

13. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I would agree with you except for one thing: Broony can't last the 90 (probably more like 60) and, sadly, right now I don't trust Lenny to take him off when his legs start to go. After roughly the 60th minute in that cup final, there were some really sad moments where you could see mediocre players who he had been dominating before half time going past him with ease. His brain and his courage just about got him through against Hearts; but Rangers will be more ruthless.

For that reason. I'd rather see him brought on around 60 minutes.

As I say, if I could trust us to bring him off the moment he starts to go, I'd be all for starting him. Like you, (if I understand you right) I think Soro's ability to do what Broony used to do in terms of just being a massive nuisance to their players and * everywhere and overpowering folk* will allow Broony to do the other things Broony was always good at that don't decline with age: fill space intelligently, read moves, track runs and cut off passing lanes.

* Not that I am for one second implying that's all Soro does or underestimating his considerable intelligence and ability. I'm highlighting that because this post is about Broony and that's the part of his game that's relevant, not because I think that's his whole game.

Liam Scales likes this.
  14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye, I’d be taking him off about 65 minutes in for Christie. Hopefully a * of Christie, trying his hardest to prove why he deserves a spot in the team. Fresh and energetic.

Aye, you’ve got it spot on with the role I’d be wanting him to play:50:

Random Review likes this.
  15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I actually do think he'll be picked for the next 2 game's over Broony..

Britwell bhoy likes this.
  16. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I hope so too . Every player comes to the end of there career and its just Browns time .
    We have been overrun in midfield by them the last few games and its down to Brown he is too slow and that means Calmac comes back to help him out which leaves a huge gap in the middle for them to exploit . It would be a huge confidence boost for Soro for Lenny to pick him above Brown which is the best result for the team and Soro going forward

McChiellini.. likes this.
  17. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Has to be first pick, Brown can come on with 20 to go to sure up the midfield and show boat when we're winning

18. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

Brown must know his performances this season have hindered the team. Its a team game, if Lennon picks him for any of the next 2 games he should tell Lennon to * off (well maybe not quite like that) and put his feet up and enjoy Christmas and the New Year.

19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

The difference in defence has been noticeable when this guys on. The ball doesnt get to the backline without some sort of hassle leaving little time for a pass and an easy interception by the defence. Amazing the difference one guy makes. Impressed.

20. Crilly

Thought he was class yeaterday. Cleaned up everything and chasing down counter attacks in the last few mins of the game and stopping them. Lethal for us