1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Keano88

All of the pressure is on us to win the game.

With them 16 points clear the game is basically a free hit for them. Whereas for us our season depends on the outcome.

2. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Had this earlier off somecunt. The pressures all on the huns bla bla bla.

Is it *, they've afforded themselves a cushion and a breather from the pressure. Keep saying it, we win all our games in hand and beat them, we can talk about pressure.

Up until then, its all on us.

Keano88, The Phoenix, Hammy89 and 8 others like this.
  3. SuperZidane

I don't expect to win the league every year and I knew our run obviously had to end sometime - I think the vast majority of fans on here are sensible enough to realise that.

The issue, as far as I'm concerned, is that we have been total **** for the vast majority of the season and Lennon has been talking total BS and blaming everyone but himself.

I think we have a better squad than Rangers* (not massively but better). The difference is the way they are coached - Michael Beale has Rangers* playing to a system that IMO makes the team more than the sum of the players.

Frankly, he's light years ahead of Lennon.

If we were neck and neck with Rangers* and we lost by a small margin, I can handle that. However, we are letting them run away with it because we have a clueless manager and coaches.

We've also been played by PL/DD - you could see our fixture list - St J/Kilmarnock/RC/Dundee Utd at home, Hamilton away and Hearts in the Cup final. They decided to give him more time because even he should win the majority of those games (although we were **** against St J and pretty average in the others). Then they can claim that "Lenny has turned it round" before wo go to Ibrokes.

The league will be over by Easter but we'll be stuck with Lennon at least until the end of the season.

I'm not annoyed because I have some sense of entitlement to win the league - I'm annoyed because we've made it easy for them by having a board and manager who have been ****ing down our backs and telling us its raining.

4. JamesM09

100% this.

At this point the season is just being used to realign the fan expectation to something more in line with what the board wants, which is a much lower and cheaper level of expectation.

Persist with Lennon long enough and the support will be delighted with Jack Ross. It’s so * obvious.

A win relegation fodder is considered really good now. No need to even assess the performance, simply getting the points is considered exceptional by some, like we’re Hibs or something.

Celtic fans are very easily re-adjusted. When Lennon says he ‘knows the city’ he really means he knows how to gaslight and re-adjust the Celtic support to a standard way lower than what we should be.

European campaigns just written off as above us, like an extra curricular activity. Like we’re entitled to ask our lord and saviour Neil Lennon to do well in one two years on the trot. We beat Lazio last year, you ungrateful *.

freitassen and King of Kings like this.
  5. joemc

In some regards your right but they will be expected to win as this season has been all about them and thier good form ,but anything can happen in these games .
    The fear is our defense conceeding goals for good reason but they will be expected to protect our young goalie with everything and we have players who are feared and have left scars on thier club and players memories , we have to approach this game with the same hunger and fight, forget the trophies won ,this is for now, be aggressive ,win all our battles and we have players who can get goals through the team and will cause fear , this game is more than just the title we owe them and the manager needs this .

6. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Lennon's days are numbered.

There's Thomas Tuchel just been sacked.

7. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

I see this has been addressed already, but there's absolutely no pressure on them. A draw would even be fine for them.

If we don't win the league is likely done. All the pressure is on us.

8. StevieBhoooy!

Lenny is a ‘shoo-in’ at PSG..

9. Dip 'n' Swerve

The Aberdeen , Hibs and St J game are still hurting - those 6 points are already proving costly!

A slip up on the 2nd will be carnage and fans will be back baying for blood - lennon is on the plank and depending on the outcome on the 2nd he could be gonzo.

He cannot get this team to perform with any swagger.

10. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    You can be as optimistic as you like, I’m just calling it as I see it.

Basically, over the course of this season I see Sevco as having a significantly better team than us. Not a marginal thing in a couple of areas - but better at defending from open play and set pieces, better at controlling the tempo of a game, better at pressing the opposition, better at attacking set plays, better at creating chances from open play, better in the head to head games - I could go on and on.

It isn’t so much the points difference, but more often than not the team who does the above better over the course of a season will win the league.

11. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It’s Christmas and they’re unbeaten having conceded 5 goals all season.

We aren’t winning the league.

Lennon has blown it.

12. SteveyNico67

Even Slippy has said it’s ‘only Half way’. Yesterday.

A lot can change.

It’s not over for me. Till we get humped - or not humped - at Castle Greyskull.

13. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    To have any chance the gap after games in hand are taken into account cannot be anymore than 6 points after the hun game.

Anything greater and it just won’t happen I’m afraid. Lennon needs to keep to the same rough team/formation he wants to play against the unwashed in the next two league games and build up some continuity and understanding.

Build a clear game plan on how we will negate the effect of the two full backs. Stop them and you stop their threat for the most part. It’s time Lennon shows some tactical wit and a consideration that in these games we must also play to negate the oppositions strength.

14. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    :57:

15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Lol.

16. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Ibrox is win or bust, that's the situation we've now created for ourselves with silly draws & an insipid home performance against them, call me deluded but I don't think yesterday's starting 11 is beyond victory at Ibrox, my only concerns would be the keeper, Frimpong & Christie from yesterday's team. Frimpong because I don't trust him at RB defensively and Christie because he's been too careless in possession & been making too many wrong decisions in far too many games this season (plus he's never turned up against Sevco in a Celtic shirt).

These areas can be tweaked besides perhaps the keeper which has been much of a muchness this season between the three of them (however I'd probably select Bain given he's been part of a winning Celtic side against them twice), put Ajer back to RB who is more defensively switched on than Frimpong with the bonus of adding extra height to the backline with that move, I'd then bring Bitton back into CB alongside Jullien (the CB partnership that kept a clean sheet at Ibrox last season). Then have a solid three line of CMs in front of the defence in Turnbull, Soro & CalMac, with one of Rogic or MJ selected to play behind Eddy & Griffiths, make those changes & I think this team can go on a huge winning run to deliver the 10.

Keeper
    Ajer Jullien Bitton Laxalt
    Turnbull Soro CalMac
    Rogic or MJ
    Eddy Griffiths

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    joemc likes this.
  17. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Think if we win all games up to sevco and win games in hand a draw would keep us alive .. just about.. that would be 7 points assuming sevco don't drop points. If we can get within 3/4 points going into 10 last games id make us favourites. But if we lose on 2nd January it's done, I'm also making a big assumption we don't drop points to Hamilton away or Dundee United at home in mean time

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I
    Don't know if all the pressure is on us. These * have not won a trophy in 9 seasons and just got pumped out of the league cup by St. Mirren and we just completed a Quadruple Treble.

Yes they can afford to drop points more than we can but that doesn't mean there is any less pressure. Imagine they lost the league from this position, this brings its own pressure. Look the huns are clear favs for this game and the league but a slip here and the pressure will ramp up on slippy..

Merry Christmas * the huns

19. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    There was a game on the 2nd of January vs. Rangers before. In 2011. If memory serves me corectly, we were not doing well in the league back then, either. Somehow, we had stabilized our form a bit before the clash, but injuries were another factor.

We ended up saved by Jesu...Samaras. Commentators during that game mentioned how he was under a lot of criticism. Perhaps the rich man's Samaras (Edouard) could get his act together?

20. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Yeah, and we lost the league that year after getting ourselves into a great position twice.

After the 3-0 hammering of the Huns (Lennon's best ever game v the Huns, old or new) and going 8 clear, we lost the following week to Motherwell at Fir Park 2-0.

Then after drawing with the Huns at Bigotdome we had only to win our last 5 games and we'd be champions but we lost to Inverness 3-2.

If Lennon hadn't bottled the league that year we'd already be on 10 in a row.