1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. scootz

I still believe in this old fashioned notion that Celtic are 'A Club Like No Other'!

For me, we win as one... and we go down as one. It's not a choice of supporting one over the other.

There used to be a certain class associated with supporting Celtic - I feel that's been stripped away over the last decade. I feel that a significant portion of our support have become cocky entitled arrogant braggarts... and I don't like it! Reminds me of peepul that we used to know from the 90's!

NL is not beyond criticism - some of his managerial decisions have been utterly bewildering this year - but the treatment he has received has been unacceptable.

Let the man have his chance. If it fails, then so be it - lets display a little class and get behind a club legend.

Dubliner1 and honda like this.
  2. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    So wanting Neil Lennon sacked right now is cocky, entitled and arrogant? I will not support a man who isn't capable of doing this job, same way I would in any other aspect of life.

3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

He won the league from a worse position on league 1 if the 10. Hes got this.

scootz likes this.
  4. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The huns had massive off field problems and were months away from liquidation that year. We do not have that luck this time around.

Also, we were not 16 points behind going into the new year. It was 2 points I'm sure and we only needed a win on boxing day at home to go top. These situations are not the same.

Keep blindly supporting him if you want but you are in for a shock come may if we keep this fraud here.

Only been in one real title challenge against the huns and bottled it, and has bottled many other finals and semi finals in his first stint here.

dmccourt95 likes this.
  5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

If you remember correctly tables only turned when Naismith got injured.

6. ORIGINALS

oh * off would you

7. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If you remember correctly we weren't 16 points behind at new year. We weren't ever 16 points behind it was 15.

8. Sgt Neppers*

The scum fixture gives me the utmost fear. It could be a * shafting. But, there's fear now in every game. Concede first we look lost and clueless, struggling to break teams down. Even going 2 up doesn't work. We're all over the place. No teams fear us or cautious now. They wanna get after us.

Ross County under Yogi will go for us. Need a strong skelping to reassure us. Dont believe we have it in us.

9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

With no games in hand you Wally.

10. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

No wonder we were pish in the 90s.

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

:56::56:

The Phoenix likes this.
  12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Someone admitting they would accept losing the league as long as we stick by Lennon and support him through it.

I’ve seen it all now. Quite literally supporting one man instead of supporting the club.

Lewis Kerr, Keano88, Peej and 4 others like this.
  13. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mate shut the * up. I wasn't going to start with insults but if you want to go there then that's fine. Even if we win our games in hand- which given our form this season isn't a given- we'd still be 10 points behind. We'll need to beat the huns 3 times including twice away and hope they drop points in atleast one other game whilst winning every single game from now until the end of the season to win the league. Do you honestly see that happening?

Keep your head in the sand all you want. Morons like yourself and their blind love for Neil Lennon have allowed us to get in this position in the first place. Stupid *.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The fact we've still no rectified the defence 5 month's in is disgusting..

Need to score 3 or so just to be in game's..

It isn't just the amount of goals we're conceding and a lot of these to poor side's, but the amount of chances we're gifting..

2 but should've been more after collapsing against Livi
    3 at an abysmal sheep side after eventually going ahead late on
    2 at Easter Road and having to salvage a draw from 2 down
    3 against a woefully slow, championship diet side after being 2 up at half time

I won't even mention the Europa game's and Prague mainly..

Or the numerous dull game's from Tannadice, McDiarmid to the Europa qualifying we made hard work of, twice..

Been a total * take that he hasn't sorted us out yet and the only conclusion is, he can't because he's lost the dressing room in amongst it..

Still doesn't know his best 11
    Still doesn't know the best formation to suit our personnel
    Still doesn't know his best keeper
    Will try anything to put square pegs in round holes rather than give boy's like Harper or Connell a run when we have zero wingers available/or when Broony was out on his feet and Soro nowhere to be seen....yet will throw boy's like Welsh in to massive game's to suit his formation..

It still amazes me how he's still actually here and sums up how tinpot our board are..

We could've acted week's/month's ago and very likely in a better state but we let it fester and rumble on to the point we've got a mountain to climb. Not insurmountable but will be under the current regime that have shown they don't know how to push us on or turn the corner..

His subs bewilder me and I've never seen a Celtic coach as reactive when game's have completely swung. You could sit watching a game getting away for half hour and he won't do anything proactive about it. He'll sit and wait til the first goes in...and if we're 2 up he'll wait til they equalise and then ring the changes..

It's so so amateurish..

15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Again your maths are wrong. Win games in hand that's 7 points. 7 points isnt as drastic as the 15 eh? Win new year and we win the league. They will collapse.

* me know wonder your panicking thinking its 10 points after the games in hand :56:

Sorry for upsetting you with the word wally. It's no really that bad but it goes well with your reply. Kind of thing I would do :56: own your * up.

16. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Apologies I thought we had 2 games in hand not 3. Why are you so confident we will win all our games in hand? Why are you so confident we will win at the new year when We'd struggled in every game against the huns apart from once since NL came back?

17. SteveyNico67

People that are considering this league already at this stage has finished are being completely pessimistic. I completely concede that oor defending is not good enough and we will be punished if we continue to defend that way.

But since we have got a goalkeeper now who can save shots on his goal occasionally (though the jury is still out despite his penalty herioics - he did concede 3 in open play just last game); added to the fact that we are starting to have players that help us with a system we like to play, notably wingers like MJ Back fit and on the fold; Broonie being dropped for Soro; the emergence of Turnbull; and maybe just MAYBE it finally dawning on Lennon that to win games he needs to play griff - with ALL that considered - I think we’re capable of:

- beating Ross County tonight
    - beating Hamilton away
    - beating Dundee Utd at home

And then it’s the acid test of them at their place. By then, if we’re going into that on a 6 game wining run, Quadruple Treble champions with the wind in our sails, and mayyyybe them creaking a bit with a few dodgy draws, why can’t we be a bit optimistic that this roundabout might lead to the turning of the corner?

18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    What the actual * is this nonsense?

"what is a 10" ?
    9 of them are gimmies? May as well have said "tainted" for * sake.

Fans are NOT being critical purely of a one season failure at the "first sign of a challenge", he's * it numerous times in Europe, cups, in his first stint as well!

Absolute rambling nonsense - if you want to support the Neil Francis Lennon Club, then go * make one.
    This is Celtic, asking what the 10 is is * stupidity at face value. * me man.

If we lose the league, it will 100% be the managers fault, and he will 100% take the backlash that comes with that, the same as Mowbray had to, Barnes had to, Venglos had to...anyone losses a league at Celtic, you take the backlash of it - * throwing arms around the wee soul and saying "there there" to him as if it was a hard luck story, he through this league away in * August with his *.
    He abused the fans every bit as much as he claims he has been abused himself, in fact any abuse that really has came his way tends to be after he has called the fans voice worthless, pointless, unwanted. After he has told us to shut the * up and backed his pay master and their * fences.

King of Kings likes this.
  19. SteveyNico67

Are you a time traveller?

20. Sgt Neppers*

If he loses the huns game, does he get sacked???