1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Draw same as a loss?

2. Pogues

It's all about opinions Bunk, but Brown did alright yesterday, you certainly seem to have a right downer on him.

For me, Turnbull was poor yesterday, went missing for long spells, but he wasn't the only one.

That being said, Soro is the long term replacement for brown so should get a run, I just didnae think yesterday was the day for that.

3. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

It genuinely baffles me how people can continue to defend Brown’s contributions to the side, or lack thereof. He’s finished.

4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

For 60 minutes he was genuinely our best player.

5. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

He's not good enough I really doubt he'd get playing for any other xclub in Scotland and you can be sure them 2 nomarks will be ramming into him he's past it and I actually agree with them on that, either Lennon sees it and is a * bag to drop him or he doesn't see it and hes negligent and unfit to do the job, you can't get anymore night and day with the performances with Soro compared to brown, it's driving me mental

6. markybhoy1976 Gold Member Gold Member

Absolutely bang on pal. Everything you said hits the nail square on the head but unfortunately there’s a number of people that bury their head in the sand and ignore what’s staring them in the face and prefer to crank up the rebs and proclaim that their is only one Neil Lennon!

7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'm confident as * were getting the 10 and with Lennon as manager. Quote me.

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    16 points behind, 3 games in hand and 3 games against the Huns.

Total of 18 points in our control.

Anyone, specially considering Lennon's inability this year, confident of us not dropping a single one of those games?
    I'm not even confident of winning the next two before the Hun game.

Absolute criminal he is still here.

Massively * now, the win against Lille, the cup win, regardless of how it came about and the clear and obvious issues at the club is all being overlooked by some fans and more importantly this board.
    There is zero reasons to keep Lennon here. Zero.
    He's * this season completely and when we strip back to the football yesterday and his management, he has learnt nothing, nothing at all in this time and has shown no signs of being able to fix this.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Full and utter confidence. I may be riding the wave of victory, but weve started looking * good again. Genuinely do believe we will do it.

10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I think you are riding that wave Honda

Not seen enough that suggests Lennon has learnt anything.
    His comments on always starting brown and refusal to sub him off (at the right time) says more than anything else.

Love the optimism of you and others, wish I had it, but no chance we are going on a considerable winning run to turn this around.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

honda likes this.
  11. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Yep, it's a must win game and the draw suits the Huns far more than it suits us.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

You are.

And to say we've started looking good again is pretty ridiculous. We just needed 120 minutes and a penalty shootout to beat a Championship team after throwing away a 2-0 and then a 3-2 lead.

Had the huns just done that, everyone on here would be saying "cracks are appearing, they're starting to feel the pressure". In fact, people are already saying that after they won 3-1 at the weekend.

If we can win our next 4 or 5 games then I may start believing we've turned a corner.

13. Onefootwonder

I didn't think he was anywhere near the worst performer yesterday. He did a lot of running when others had slowed down.

He also was at the middle of our third goal. His header forced the save leaving the chance to score.

He is being played far too much for his age.

14. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    The worst thing about this is it is actually very fixable and has been but there needs to be a change. It is clear as day to anyone and the frustration is unreal because of it. A top top manager could whip the defence into order. Make changes when they are needed. Not pick players purely out of loyalty or pals stuff or because they got subbed aff when they were past it and didn't like it.

Peej likes this.
  15. celtic warrior

The ilk of Rodgers would claw back and even win this title with games to spare.

Lennon can't.

There is a clear as day, lack of any preparation, coaching, * everything with the current set up.

16. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    To win the 10, we need to go back to two up top to give Eddy a partner, that's what delivered 9 last season, but crucially we also need to stick with a back four as opposed to a back three as it hasn't been working this season like last.

I've said before there are multiple formations that can be achieved with, we need to find a team & system to get Turnbull/Soro/CalMac/Rogic all into the starting 11, Christie & Elyounoussi out wide won't win us this league & we don't need width & wingers to win the league anyway with the quality we have in the central areas...

Barkas
    Ajer Jullien Bitton Laxalt
    Turnbull Soro CalMac
    Rogic
    Eddy Griffiths

Need a new GK, RB & CB in January.

Peej and Artorias like this.
  17. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    He'll be starting at Ibrox too.

In a two man midfield with McGregor.

Meanwhile those football powerhouses, Ryan Jack, Scott Arfield and Steve Davis will run over the top of us to inflict a Brenda Rodgers hiding... only this time in reverse. :36:

Artorias likes this.
  18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I actually think everyones looking at it wrong. How many teams after loosing a 2-0 lead, score another, then loose it and then get to a penalty shootout and still have the mental steal to win and that's after even missing 1 penalty. That's not giving up. That's enough for me to know, these players will fight to the end and no matter what we will win this 10.

19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    A modern, fitness and development focused manager, who knows how to set a team up - doesn't even need to be that good at it, we play against a double parked bus most week, just needs some sense of setup and approach to the game, they important aspect is the coaching side, the motivation of players these days is way beyond the "hair dryer" treatment era.

But aye, a sound management team plus one good quality CB, just that before it is too late and this can be saved. But as each day and match goes by with the current setup, is one day closer to the inevitable.

Sgt Neppers* and Artorias like this.
  20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Been asking for that formation and lineup for months so I have.
    Clear as * day what is needed.

Get a few goals in, then can change it to a more traditional flat 442 or a 4231 and get some minutes in to Mikey, Henderson, even Brown.

If we are to not make a single signing in January, this is what we go with IMO.

If we can make one signing, it is a quality CB.

Artorias and RogicHasMagicToes like this.