1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Pearse67*

He should retire now tbh

FranceCelt and RogicHasMagicToes like this.
  2. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Shouldn't start another game this season & shouldn't have started today, but a Quadruple winning Celtic captain is something that'll never be achieved by any other captain in our history ever again, his header that led to Griffiths goal was huge today to make that possible.

If he continues to start in the league the 10 is gone though, it's no coincidence we were a shambles with him back in the team today, it's been the same story all season.

3. Maestro 08

Good performance and his desire to get his head on that ball for the 3rd was admirable. Cemented his place as a Legend for us. Lost a bit this season, but I'll never right him off and absolutely love him.

4. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    he set up Leigh for the third so cant complain but we are such a slow team when he plays, McGregor is too busy covering his * to be effective for the team as well. McGregor ran teh show the last two games and let Soro be a wee mad machine and thats has to be our future. Brown needs to be the sub who comes on when the game is wona nd see's it out.

bobs1974 likes this.
  5. Mr. Slippyfist

Excellent drive and header for the Griffiths goal, but yeah cannot deny how negative we are as a team with him in it.

I was actually shocked that Lennon took off Turnbull and left him on, until I stopped thinking and remembered it was Lennon who was the manager...

6. oh bhoy

:56: Get it up the diving rat *, and haliday and gordon!:treble::treble::treble::treble:

elbhoydo and Bonobhoy like this.
  7. Bonobhoy

You have a problem with him doing his infamous Broony pose on Diouff? I maybe wrong in this but di you not have an avatar of him winding up the huns to look at the scoreboard in the final a few years back?

It aint Broonys fault hes getting played for 120 mins...And if a * like naismith is giving it large its great to get him back

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I did yes, more so because of the centre spot looking like a halo.

I'm all for noising * up when we are clearly winning etc.

But I'm not for having it when his first two instincts is to scream in the hearts players face and ignore his team mates who are running in the opposite direction.

If it was just a one off moment, maybe I wouldn't be banging on about it, but it was all game. Handbags every time at a corner, outside of one or two moments to steal a ball, he offered nothing more than being a wind up merchant.

Again, I expect better from our captain.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

9. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    What happened at the end wa him??

Mince.Charming likes this.
  10. Bonobhoy

Im not having a go at you.

Im just dont understand some people thinking in here.

He has been getting it stinking of 2 raging hun * for the full game,throw in Beaton as well,and the frustration of our shortcomings recently.

They get in his face when they score,so he does it back when he has a chance,id do the exact same thing as he did.

60 thousand people do the Broony at paradise,but all of a sudden he gets stuck in today and its wrong,yet at Aberdeen 2 years ago he does the same thing and hes a legend.

i get we are *,i get we want rid of managment and players....but we just won the Quad Treble something never done before in the history of football and will never happen again.

I think the team deserve a break from all the stupid * for at least one night...it doesnt mean they are all back in the good books again,the team has issues,the managment has issues.....but we won...enjoy.

11. Popes 11 Guest

He did good today first half! McGregor left him in the * was lacklustre again.Can’t point the finger at broony all the time Turnbull was average not stamping his authority, Christie got his goal fuckd off thereafter Elynousie usual dire shift.

cat123 and Bonobhoy like this.
  12. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He was running on fumes by 60 mins, he's not good enough or fast enough anymore, players were literally jogging past him. Shouldn't be near the starting line up from here on in. And I think he'd be absolutely fine with it, let him be the leader off the pitch.

cat123 and Bonobhoy like this.
  13. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    One of the best signings in clubs history, what a player, what a captain, what a man, but I hope thats the last time we see him play unless we are bringing him on last game of season to lift trophy because * me he is miles past it. Doesn't help when your manager cant see it mind.

The Phoenix, bobs1974, CFC.1 and 4 others like this.
  14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Maybe it's a case of time and place?
    And priorities on it more than anything for me.

I'd rather have seen him celebrate the goal with our players, then when jogging back get it up Naismith.

Obviously in most other seasons this wouldn't be highlighted as much.
    Maybe I'm just being too harsh, but it stood out and added to the rest of the issues of Brown playing now, that he offers us very little bar being s cult figure to wind up the opponent's.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

15. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    What happened after the final penalty between him and Naismith ?

16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Good contribution for our third goal, but it's groundhog day again with most fans saying he's done.

17. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    He should be rested more, but you're having a laugh with the McGregor covering for him, McGregor is not and never will be a CDM, he's absolute garbage when he goes near our defence.

Him and Christie where * streets away from being better than Brown.

He was the best out of our whole midfield, even Turnbull was pretty *, barring a couple of passes.

Only him and Ajer had at least a good part of a decent game, the rest were gash.

Must be used sparingly and the end is near, but he ain't holding back others as much as made out.

cat123 and Captain Brown like this.
  18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

First half he was imperious, second half he faded and then he pulls a rabbit out the hat for Griffs goal through sheer determination.

Today was the type of game he should be starting tbh and his first half performance proved that but he should now be rested midweek.

19. david100825

Amazing career at us but it's the end of the line. Hard to watch him at times today.

20. Pogues

I like that about Brown mate. No way we're getting bullied with him about the midfield and got right into the faces of naismith and halliday when they were putting it about. Exactly what we needed in that game. On top of that he had no a bad game as well.

I understand folk preferring soro in the team but I'm no sure he would have been up to that today.