1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

History Bhoy

Jeannie960 likes this.
  2. Gerry1972 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    For all the people making a case for Lennon remaining as the manager, do you really think that he will figure out a way how to go up against the huns and win?

thailandceltic and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  3. Smarty1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    joe ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Absolutely delighted to have scraped through today. But Neil Lennon should go now or the board should make the decision for him, as we were a baw hair away from disaster today. The defence is woeful and a weak Hearts forward line scored 3 times without any resistance. I don’t want us to get beat by Ross Co or the upcoming Huns game(really fear a doing)to see the same horrible scenes outside the park again. Go on a mini high Lenny, as you’re not the guy we need to lead us to the next level.

Artorias likes this.
  4. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    If he plays Soro and Turnbull it will help but I don't know what he's going to do about that defence! I hate to say it but I think Duffy is making it worse that it actually is.

5. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Magnificent winning a quad treble!! What an achievement.

Strange feeling as i'm more worried going forward after watching that today than i was before the game!!

6. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Great achievement for him to win a treble and take his place in history. It doesn't really feel like the time to be critical of Lennon, but the problems that have dogged us all season were still clear to see.

We are disorganised, chaotic and fragile, and threw away a lead yet again - this time against a team in the League below us. It isn't a question of a lack of motivation or desire on the players part, it is a deeper problem than that and despite being given loads of time, the manager hasn;t corrected it.

We may well limp to victory in our next three games, but I fear a doing at Ibrox and we shouldn;t be in that position.

The Phoenix, JML67, bhoy81 and 4 others like this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. fanakatic

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the lonesome boatman
    Hope Lennon stays and they get rid of at clown Strachan and Kennedy bring in O'Neil and Keane with Lenny would give the whole club a lift

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

9. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He's only 3 years older than Bielsa. It's not about how old you are, it's about whether you have kept up to date.

Peej and The_Bhoy like this.
  10. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'm conflicted TBH. I do believe he can turn it around, yes. That's based on the fact that I think he has done a very good job every other season he was here and it follows from that premise that he doesn't become a bad manager overnight. Other people don't think he did a good job in previous seasons (you've seen the arguments on here) and logically enough that means they have no faith in him to turn it round.

I still think Lenny should go though. I said I think he can turn it round, but not in time to win the league and the 10. There's no getting away from the fact that (whether or not it's his fault) as manager, that horrendous few months that decimated our season (leaving us out of Europe and one of the cups and hanging on in the league by our fingernails) is his responsibility.

Unless he turns it round quickly enough to haul back the league, he should go. If he surprises me and wins the 10 next May, then I'll consider him to have redeemed this autumn and back him to stay.

11. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Did you hear him say Christie could reach Larsson levels? I nearly pished myself laughing.

12. James Mc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Love O'Neil but he has lost the plot if he actually believes that

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  13. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Absolutely not, he has no plan B as seen many a time all season and clear as * day today.

James Mc likes this.
  14. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    On today's performance I honestly think the huns could win this league by 20 points or more.

Lennon is such a * manager it's frightening. Slippy will be just as happy Lennon after watching that.

15. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Was he not talking about Eddy?

16. oh bhoy

great to get the quadruple treble wrapped up but we Struggled like * against a championship side on top of being knocked out of 3 competitions already and sitting too far behind sevco he's got to go

17. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Today's result changes * all! Today's performance in the second half compounds the fact he needs to go now, not when we have mathematically lost the league.
    Everyone knew the diets had to change things up at half time but it seems whatever NL said at half time either didn't account for the diets game plan changing or his tactical instructions on us pushing on for a third failed to get through to the players.

thailandceltic likes this.
  18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He’ll get the manks game, that is clear.

I personally hope he’s now in a job after it because it’ll mean we’ve beat the *.

19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    All our bad habits were once again on display in the cup final, it's clear that this team under Lenny is going nowhere except backwards.

Lucky for us hertz are total *, up against a better team we would've lost today, i hate saying that as it comes across as taking away from what's been achieved, but it just feels very unconvincing.

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Jesus * christ.