1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Scottish Cup Final- Celtic V Hearts, Sunday 20th Dec, KO 14:15

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Scotia, Dec 13, 2020.

Discuss Scottish Cup Final- Celtic V Hearts, Sunday 20th Dec, KO 14:15 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SteveyNico67

Having read that Gordon has been to hampden 9 times and never lost has worried me a tad

2. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Rangers in 2016?

3. Dip 'n' Swerve

Duffy on the turn against Liam Boyce :-0

What has the weather been like this week - cert the pitch is like a rugby pitch, suit them down the ground rumour has it rory delap was at hearts all week showing them long throw ins from the halfway line.

2 goals in the first half no * about in front of goal - get some swagger back.

No nonsense at the back line.

Hopefully of a 3-0 victory and expect a few naughty tackles from hearts

4. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It perplexes me that with Forrest & Johnston (well still not fit enough to start at least) injured that Lenny hasn't found a system that doesn't need wingers to operate as an alternative option, especially with him having frozen Karamoko out as well meaning he's been playing players at RW who aren't even natural in that position in recent weeks/months with Christie, Frimpong (still has a lot to learn to play RW effectively) & Henderson.

He should be doing everything he can to find a team that gets Turnbull/Soro/CalMac/Rogic all involved from the start in MF, which a 4-3-1-2 would do easily, whilst also giving Eddy a partner to work with, we have all these players available to line up like this on Sunday...

Hazard
    Ajer Jullien Duffy Laxalt
    Turnbull Soro CalMac
    Rogic
    Eddy Griffiths/Ajeti/Klimala (take your pick)

Just don't understand why he doesn't explore an option like this instead or hasn't done up until now.

Dan Breen likes this.
  5. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Never lost a final he meant to say.

Gordon lost three games at Hampden for us, all semis.

ICT in 2015, Ross County in 2016 and Sevco 5088 in 2016.

6. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    He hasn't been in 9 finals? The last 2 league cups he was an unused sub and he only won 2 Scottish cups with us and another for Hearts.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He was playing for us for the majority though.

Slaw likes this.
  9. Dip 'n' Swerve

I dont think he has frozen out Dembele - he is only 17 - be patient - the lad is still developing and going through a growth spurt - realistically he was only going to be used as a sub in games with a convincing lead - which is very few this year. If he sticks around for another 2 years he might begin to hold his own as he puts on natural muscle and core body strength. I thought Frimpong is a natural winger / attack minded full back and has played that way under man city days, it isn't new to him. I don't think he has a lot to learn , he needs a lot to improve - crossing and final ball decision making being two.

A team with no natural width becomes too congested in the middle of the pitch - restricts good movement, breaking the lines and penetrating through balls. Natural wingers hug the line, create gaps in the corners and pull defenders into positions they don't feel comfortable in.

The best we player we have at pulling the defence all over the place is griff… a long ball from the keeper he can trap on the turn and pull a full back or centre half out with him leaving spaces for eddie, mc gregor, moi, rogic etc to exploit.

Lennon thinks griff has been on the mince pies from last xmas and has no confidence in him, yet calls upon him in last chance saloon such as Aberdeen (that finish!) and ross county (that header!) - he needs to start more, he will score and build up his sharpness and help the team!!

Mikey J coming back will be like a new signing if he stays involved, keeps fit and plays as a team player

10. johnboy19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Billy McNeil and Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song and The Celtic Symphony
    I feel the same mate. Cup final day, when Celtic are in it, is one of the best days of the season. I've also been to many walks on that day, and then a few beers,( ok, a lot of beers), then the game.
    It will be different on Sunday, but I will do my best to keep up as many traditions as possible.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  11. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Don't know tbh

I just read the article on the BBC which said if you include a junior Scottish Cup final, he's been a winning finalist at Hampden on 9 occasions.

Probably gets a winners medal as a sub.

12. ladbroke8

Hopefully one of those games we get 2 or 3 up nice and early and just play it out.

13. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Lennon has to start with Soro and Turnbull, and I would go with Eddy up front as he always raises his game on big occasions when it matters but be ruthless if he doesnt perform in the first 30 minutes.. There should be no sentiment shown or old mates getting selected, get the game won then Brown can come on for the last 20 minutes and get to lift the cup as Team Captain. In a normal season we always say to win the League Cup early in the season sets us up for the rest of the season. Psychologically winning this Cup even though it has carried on from last season can be a catalyst to get our season and form back on track. COYBIG...Nothing more than a win will do.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  14. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    * cost us a final when we were cruising v Inverness at hampden although ref costs us aswell, , was always prone to diving out his goal with kamikaze challenge s , was a decent shot stopper, knew how to make himself big but was a big calamity at times, plus nearly 40, getting rid of him was the right thing to do unfortunately the replacement has been poor

15. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
    If we win this make sure we all go OTT with the celebrations, let those * know we are still here

SteveyNico67 likes this.
  16. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Lenny having Ralston about the first team!

Masterstroke, if its Ralston and Broony on the bench then nobody complains when he brings Broony on as a sub ;-)

17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Nae punters allowed in ?

18. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    They got hampers, what more do they want?

Marty McFly likes this.
  19. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    another day to wait .. fek sake !

The Dude likes this.
  20. Celticbhoy97

3-1 Moi x2, Christie