1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Yes you have warped my fragile little mind

Liam Scales likes this.
  2. davidhannah

You're right, he is very much on a shoogly peg. Written off by everyone. Pundits, protests by fans. Everyone but him has had their say about him - on his personality, his coaching style, his professionalism relationships with John Kennedy and the players.

As it stands. His never say die attitude is exactly what we need up until the old firm game. Its infectious! I'm prepared to be proved wrong.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    joemc likes this.
  3. SuperZidane

His "never say die" attitude, as you put it, has consisted of saying that we have played well in many games when we've clearly been total ****. On the rare occasions, he does concede we've been ****, he accepts no responsibility and throws the players under the bus. He's also had a pop at the fans.

I don't think his attitude is "exactly what we need" - I think that it (in conjunction with being a total lapdog to Lawwell) is the main reason that we're so far behind in the league, out of the League Cup, ECL + Europa league.

4. freitassen

Is this sarcasm?

5. freitassen

Oh and yes, he moans some players are not committed and are downing the tools to leave the club (which frankly, for the more it is most likely true, it is a serious accusation that needs to be backed) and then play exactly the same 11 guys repeatedly.

6. Dubliner1

Get behind Neil Lennon. COYBIG - Green & White army

7. SuperZidane

Why? - being a Celtic fan doesn't mean you're an idiot.

I love the club and I always will. I also do not indulge in personal attacks on Neil Lennon.

In a football sense, he's been pititful this season. We have been **** and he has either denied it and talked BS or blamed the players and fans.

He only made the recent team changes (that fans have been advocating for months) when we were out of the league cup, ECL + Europa League and miles behind in the league.

His "speech" at the AGM - 'I've never manged in a pandemic" - Jesus Wept.

I wish he'd gone some time ago and stopped damaging his legacy at the club. Unfortunately, that is getting more tarnished by the day.

I'll always get behind Celtic but I'm not getting behind a delusional manager who is dragging the club backwards.

As far as I'm concerned, the sooner he's gone the better.

8. Sgt Neppers*

He has actually spoke about himself. Quite a few a times. He quite clearly (delusionaly) thinks he's the best person for the job, whilst deflecting bizarrely on to covid an laziness of players etc. It's everything and anything but him.

76mark likes this.
  9. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    His post match comments are very embarrassing.

Also him sat on his * when we are playing total * and not doing anything to alter the way he set up the team.

Persisting with Broony & Duffy when every man and his dog could see they were not doing the basics...

I could go on but whats the point.. the board are backing him until the wheels fall off and the Ten is gone forever.

Lawwell has to come out and explain why we never strengthen the team before the qualifiers.

I hope for a turnaround but it is hope more than expectation

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  10. john2061

I think if he wins the cup and wins the next couple of league games and gets a draw at the bigotdome the board will give him to the end of the season .

11. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    A draw at the bigotdome is not enough to win the ten. Yeah, it may keep him in a job but we could be 16 points behind if we draw.

A draw wont put doubt into the hun players but a win would.. it would also close the gap and keep our momentum going.

The board will wait until after the result to decide if any players are brought in.

A loss for us means we buy dross.. a win might persuade them to give Lenny some cash for a decent player

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Nah, I fear he's already done enough for this board to keep him.

Nothing but a defeat in the cup will see him go now.
    Sad times when we need to accept this level of management at a club like ours.

The two decent games we've had, with the excitement of two or three players will be more than enough for Lennon to pretend to the board that he's turned this around and found the magic formula.

I can't see us getting beat this weekend, even with brown and Christie most likely back in the first 11, the team will gee themselves up enough to see this one through.

Just got to hope it's enough to light s fire under a few more of them.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  13. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    "Old Firm" is always a red flag for me.

Even if the old Rangers weren't liquidated, it would still be unacceptable.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  14. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Every time you make a post like this, there are a spate of critical posts following it (and a few quite derogatory posts among them) that I could do without reading, mate. I will always defend his record before this season, but let's be real here: so far this season, we don't have a leg to stand on - he has * this season up and the cup won't change that.

If he turns it around and wins the league (and I sincerely hope he does), I will join you in advocating for him to continue (I can assure you even then we'll be in a minority); but until then, it's best we just keep quiet, mate.

Not only because it upsets me to read the hyperbolic criticism that inevitably followed your post, but also because it distracts attention from the long-term problems at the club that a lot of us are finally waking up to.

15. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    The last time we had a comfortable qualifying route to the CL was in 2012/2013.

We beat the Swedish champs Helsingborg , home and away, 2-0.

4-0 aggregate score in the play off round is the best we've managed.

Yet in the away game, which was first, Helsingborg had several really good chances before we scored. Forster was exceptional. Made several big saves.

You wouldn't think that if you looked at the scores on paper, but it was actually a very close game and could easily have gone the other way if we had conceded those early goals.

A good solid keeper really is essential.

We saw that last year in the Europa as well.

freitassen likes this.
  16. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Hopefully get Forster back in January mate, I ain't holding no grudges if he wants to come back. Would we be able to sign him on Jan 1st before Ibrox or is the window shut that day given it's a Saturday?

The Phoenix and Random Review like this.
  17. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Window opens 2nd January

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: Nothing’s normal about this season or this year but we are excited and we’ve had a good week’s training. There are no fresh injury worries or concerns and we are looking forward to it."

NL: "It’s a great occasion despite not having any supporters there. We know the gravity of what lies ahead of us and it’s a remarkable situation we find ourselves in and hopefully one we can make the best of and overcome."

NL: "We try and put a team out to win. Everyone’s in contention. Even the bench, there’s some decisions to make on that as well. There’s a really healthy, strong squad to choose from so I’m a bit spoiled for choice at the minute."

NL: "We know Craig (Gordon) very well. He was an outstanding servant here and an outstanding goalkeeper. It’s not a case of us just turning up and winning the game."

NL: "We’ve played League Cup finals at this stage so your preparation can replicate that in terms of how we want to approach this game. There’s no question the lack of atmosphere is strange to stay the least but it is what it is."

NL: "You live for cup finals, big crowds - that’s one aspect that’s not there but the cup’s still to be won and history’s there to be made so that’s a great motivation for us all."

NL: "It’s a cup final and a game we want to win and I’ve got to pick the best team for the occasion and to help us win another trophy."

19. JamesM09

I don’t care if he wins the league this year, he still needs to go. I don’t understand why anyone wants to return this club to mediocrity.

20. The Dude

Scottish clubs face 'radical change' as Brexit changes signing rules for EU players

Celtic manager Neil Lennon: "We have looked at that and we're probably looking at the British market more than anything else.

"I think it's going to be difficult after the end of the year to get players in from the continent as far as we're aware, so Nick [Hammond and his recruitment team and obviously the board are looking into that ways we can if you want to bring players on what's the right way, in accordance with the laws now, of going about that."