1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic AGM

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Dec 14, 2020.

Discuss Celtic AGM in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Not a dig at anyone, without watching it I’d have reacted the same.

People certainly knew, is my point. Not necessarily those that replied to it.

Marty McFly and Peej like this.
  2. CountyDownFaithful

I seen some of the obvious sound bites 'we are going to do everything we can to win the league'. Was there any mention of strengthening the squad in the January window?

3. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    35 million spent but forgot to mention how much was raised selling players.

Anyone know transfer income over same period ?

4. SuperZidane

Absolutely - there is no need to make things up or misquote Lennon. The whole thing was pathetic anyway

According to Lennon his record "speaks for itself" except this season where apparently none of the **** has been his fault. "I’ve never managed through a pandemic" - Unlike all the other managers who obviously have vast experience of these circumstances.

Lawwell still thinks Lennon is "the man" who has the trust of the players and his backroom staff. I think that translates as Lennon is the cheap option who will continue to do what he's told.

I don't know why anyone is excited about January signings - clearly they will be either loans or "projects" that Lawwell will have a significant say in and Lennon will agree as usual.

"We will do all we can to win the league" - great, I'm sure we'll all sleep a lot easier knowing that.

The only chance Celtic have of winning 10IAR is if Rangers* go bust. Even if Celtic win their games in hand, Rangers* will be 7 points clear with a much better goal difference.

Assuming Rangers* don't go broke - they will win the league and we will either hold on to Lennon until the end of the season or until the league cannot be won (doesn't really matter which).

As long as Lawwell has influence over "management" and the current "management" team stay in place, we will continue to regress.

5. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    We can only hope for management changes after the cup final at the weekend or this season will go down as a disaster .

6. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Sevco are in a precarious financial position to say the least - they need £23m in additional funding to trade through the next 18 months or so but they do now have a number of players that would attract decent fees if they really did need the cash i.e. if Park or the other guy got cold feet. I don't think they've come this far to let the thing go down with the big prize i.e. stop 10IAR within their grasp. They will massively rein in the spending if they win the league this year - their MD said as much at their AGM the other day. They won't mind gifting us the next few titles, they just want to be sure we don't win this one

7. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

They’ll be awright. Last 16 of EL will take them to over £20m from UEFA alone. They have benefactors willing to make donations to the club time and time again, hence all these share issues. They’ll sell off a few of their bigger names in the summer. 10 stopped. Financial ruin avoided. Mission accomplished.

That’s your legacy Pedro

theweeman likes this.
  8. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Can't argue with any of that as much as I'd like to