1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SteveyNico67

Agree to disagree

Would love to hear you say it’s over if we go to the pig dome and turn them over

2. stew37

Have no issue with Brown starting along side someone like Turnbull as I've said. Actually hope he does now reading through this.

3. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

Like I said I believe we will still win it, but no, I won't be too bothered in the first time in my life if we didn't for the reasons I already stated. If we were to lose it, it would prove beyond any doubt that the players I mentioned are already gone and we go on to win the 10 with the young guns.

4. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    If we cant beat Hertz we should just sell the entire team that played....* me its only * Hertz min !

johnboy19, TheWolf and Tomas like this.
  5. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Sounding like he will play the old guard by using the shot in the arm that the fringe players have given that’s taken the monkey off the “squads” back.

The fact he can make such a quick call post-match is worrying. He was direct with that answer, no hesitation.

I don’t agree that those players deserve to start because they got us there. The form players need to start or you risk another defeat, a cup defeat, which would be an absolute hammer blow to the squad morale and to the current in-form players.
    What will they think if they’re dropped?

This isn’t the time for sentiment or loyalty. Play the boys that have put the effort in recently, this is now, not then.

The Dude and Mickmac like this.
  6. Tomas

Whoever plays must win. Failing to win would be unforgivable. Neil Lennon knows this as much as anybody, he cannot gamble on players who maybe out of form. Scott Brown can lift the trophy whether he's playing or not. It's all very well trying to reward players for past exploits, Its more important to motivate the next lot of history makers. Winning their first trophy together, not only continues our story, it opens the next chapter.Hail Hail

The Dude and Mickmac like this.
  7. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

How are Soro, Turnbull, Klimala, Henderson, Hazard gonna feel when they produced the best performance of the season and bailed Lennon out a hole, only for him to drop them for Brown, Christie, Rogic, Eddy, Bain etc ?
    Would be some of the worst man management we've seen and that's saying something considering this season has been one * up to the next.
    I'm hoping it's a bluff and he's sticking with the best players.

The Dude, Lecs and SteveyNico67 like this.
  8. StevieBhoooy!

Playing the guys that ‘got you there’ this season ... is utter stupidity and (if he does) only highlights one of the core issues with his managerial ineptitude.

If we were top of the league I could accept it. “This is last seasons cup so let last seasons men contest the final”... But we are nowhere near top of the league.

If Brown and co. had been in good form but injured and ready to return it could be excused... but that’s not the case.. they’ve stumbled and fluffed their way since August and near as lost us the league already. They’ll get their medal if we win.. but we need the best team out there to get that win.... and it’s not ‘The Old Guard’.

Ive never anticipated a possible Scottish cup win with such a mix of doubt, anger, fear, resignation and downright pessimism.

Under what circumstances and in what parallel universe would winning a treble - and a fourth consecutive one at that - not be something to celebrate for weeks?!?

... but the fact is this is Last Season!!

THIS season is what matters and if we win at the weekend (especially with his favourites) we all Know Lenny will be trumpeted by the club, himself and the blindly faithful as ‘The man to finish the job’ and ‘going nowhere’ , ‘board right to back him’ etc etc...

He could see it as the green light to revert to form and ignore the positives from the changes in the last 2 games.

Losing will be catastrophic for all concerned..

A win is expected and will hopefully give everyone (club and fans) a morale boost...but winning with the wrong team could be equally devastating for our league campaign this season.

SteveyNico67 likes this.
  9. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Yeah but if we lose that game, it doesn't mean we'll go on to win the league.

Madness to hear a fan say that they aren't too bothered about winning a Scottish Cup final imo.

Mickmac and SteveyNico67 like this.
  10. JamesM09

He’s a shockingly poor manager. I can’t believe he’s at our club. It’s got to be the biggest mismatch at any club in Europe.

Literally a guy that Hibs knew wasn’t good enough has the Celtic job. Not only does he have the Celtic job but he has it so much that he can go 2 in 12 and keep it.

Valhalla, Rydo1888*, Peej and 3 others like this.
  11. SteveyNico67

Complete insanity if you ask me

Captain Brown likes this.
  12. Sgt Neppers*

Thought about this. His comments about selection and the AGM. He's a puppet. A stooge. He's a yes man. To me, there's no going back. And this will be confirmed by any weakness and loyalty to certain players who got in him in the * in the first place. There's a certain arrogance about him also I've noticed recently. This will cave on his head massively, should the old guard be reinstated for the cup and we lose, and most certainly if we lose to the scum.

13. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I'd love that to happen...but I'm not confident it will.

14. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I have absolutely zero confidence in Lennon and his cohorts , he's a bottler to add to all the faults of managing the squad either with rotation or making the correct subs at the correct time.
    He's all over the place...I'm dreading Ibrox.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  15. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

Well I always have been a bit mad, so you might well be right :47:

16. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Zero confidence in Lennon either. Nothing will change my mind on this

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  17. Dubliner1

Why are you all making a BIG scene out of a comment he makes about loyalty for the Cup final? You are the same people stating on other topics he mentions that he is talking shiote. I can tell you now that there will be very little change to the starting 11 on Sunday from the previous 2 games. Loyalty does not come into it when your job is on the line.

18. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Loyalty does not come into it but it has done for him blatantly all season

Peej likes this.
  19. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Watch it again on YouTube 65th minute or so, Strachan goes out to cuddle him when he comes off and he’s bealing
    Heads straight up the tunnel, 0-0 in a cup final you get subbed most players sit and watch remainder of the match in the dug out

20. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    It wasn’t a quick call, it was a decision he had already made. His post match interview and Scott Brown out in the media giving it all the ‘the cup final means so much to me’ chat doesn’t sit well with me. How many times have we said this isn’t the season for sentimentality? And yet it’s looking like Lenny’s going to start Brown in a game where we could be the first in the world to achieve a quadruple treble for, what? Because he would love to play in it? Because he helped get us there? It’s pathetic

The Dude likes this.