1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic AGM

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Dec 14, 2020.

Discuss Celtic AGM in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Lack of fans and too much information is the reason why we're so bad this season, and there's me thinking it was because the manager hasn't a scooby.

As i sat watching ross county beat us at CP i thought to myself my * if only we had supporters in the stadium maybe we could beat them.

And there you have it. :41:

2. KEANO1

How many years need to go by before any shareholders ask any pertinent questions of the board ? Also if the answer is not acceptable, push back and question further.

Any shareholder questioning Res 12 or whatever is a complete waste of a for someone in a privileged position being so close to the club. On the pitch matters is where the discussion should be in my opinion. Not politics.

It becomes more clear with the situation we are in now. If the board were probed and held to account properly in many years before today, maybe certain personnel would no be longer in their positions.

rickyroma25 likes this.
  3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Nowhere near it in terms of quantity or quality, more so quality.

Strachan playing football manager and watching Google fit notes doesn't * count, yet that honestly feels like closer to the level we operate at then actual sport science.

Seems like the entire AGM was just a collection of all the pr stunts and excuses used over the last 4 months.

Blame Covid, blame no fans, pretend we are unique in being the only ones affected by it.
    Play up on past success, other managers success.
    Play on the "big" spending, while filling to acknowledge we brought in near the same amount in player sales over the same/similar time frame. Ignoring the increase in revenue from Adidas deal that they were able to use in favour as well.

Short of it is, the club is badly ran for a FOOTBALL CLUB.
    No speculating to accumulate, instead of spending £10 to £15million more each season, at appropriate times, we run the club in such a way to never have the balance book in risk. In turn we forgo £90m+ in champions League money these past 3 years, when * literally had we spent £10-15million each season (and earlier) we would have put ourselves in a much better position to get 3 times that in return.

We have cheaped out after Rodgers left in every aspect of the backroom staff and now seem extremely content on accepting that and never looking to reinvest in the system, the quality, the overal setup of what Rodgers and his team managed to bring to the club.

No forward vision for the club, the squad, is ever out down. Always a pat on the back for the past and a blurb about museums, hotels, shops and how great our financial standing is.

How about telling us we are going to improve the training facilities, the training staff, that we are looking to reinvest in the coaching staff to help Lennon through these bad runs? How about telling us you actually see the issues in the football department and are going to actually do something about it.
    Instead of laying a guilt trip on the fans, playing on the fickle nature of many of them to go "oohh shiny trophy from last year" and assume we will just roll over and accept this * time and time again and run the risk that this will just repeat itself every * time.

Get them to *.

They are banking on the fickle nature of many fans to forget this bad form when we may win the Scottish cup next week, or the sheer hope that it can't get any worse and come end of season we may get close to winning the title and can say "great title run and challenge, but better luck next time".

Unfortunately too many will buy in to it. It is seen even this week, when two wins sees the usual characters come out the woodwork and try to shut down the discussions of Lennon needing replaced or the board needing gone.
    "Och we may as well get behind him now, honest I wanted rid as well, but may as well support him"

Naw.
    We aren't in the stadium, us making some noise online isn't doing * all to affect the performances on the pitch, that's all Lennon's doing and no one else.
    They just want to use this as something to bash fans with and pass the blame back to us.

Literally they have all blamed the fans for the bad performances and more than a few of them(the board and Lennon) have telt the fans to shut up, not to voice our opinions and that our voice is worthless.

That's the * we are dealing with.

Absolute * contempt from these *.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Noskeil, freitassen and Wee Baldy like this.
  4. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I also took the “sports science” as, lay off Strachan and his iPad, that’s what sports scientists do.

Peej likes this.
  5. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    I see Dermot couldn't be * switching on his laptop for a Zoom meeting today. I mean what level of interest does this guy actually have. And then he's voted back on with 99% of the votes.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  6. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

That's because him and his pals own about 99% of the club.

Bobo_ likes this.
  7. StevieBhoooy!

yet the club/Plc treat those much needed fans (who they claim make all the difference) with nothing but utter contempt.

Peej and Seán Mac D like this.
  8. SuperZidane

I thought the same as you - what fools we have been!

I'm so glad that Lennon and the board have set us straight.

Now, we can just sit back, enjoy the festive period and savour the inevitable journey to 10IAR.

The Prof likes this.
  9. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Level of interest? Somewhere between 'very little' and 'none'

10. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    £35m spent on players. Hmm, Pete being very selective there, that's the gross spend, but the net i.e. factoring in the effect of fees received for players sold is a fraction of that. He gets to peddle this crap year after year and never gets challenged on it. I went to a couple of AGMs and couldn't get near the mike. Most/all of the questions were from friendly stooges in the auditorium. Completely staged managed guff

Peej likes this.
  11. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    What's also totally offensive is the way that fans voicing legitimate criticism on forums like this are denigrated and slandered basically as a tiny minority of extremist, irrational keyboard warriors. The Board has to understand this is how people espouse views and opinions in 2020 - its not 1994 selling 'Not the View' outside the ground on matchdays any more

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Exactly.
    Not A View was a great publication, but it has been massively replaced by the online message board and internet that can have the support constantly in communication and get the info out there.

If anything, the online aspect should help to highlight how strong these feelings are at an earlier stage.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

theweeman likes this.
  13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Why is there 3 pages on the AGM with several references to Lennon’s apparent quote about fans effecting us more than anyone else and no one has corrected the Harry Brady tweet of nonsense.

He didn’t say that, in fact what he did say is 100% factual...

kinglenny likes this.
  14. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yeah, the lack of tactics is clear. Also his post match are a cringe. Not doing video analysis etc

But who is signing the players? Barkas , Bolingoli, etc our money is being wasted, mostly on players who dont even go straight into the team. Ajeti! who scouted him?

And if Peter wants CL football why does the club wait until after we are out of that competition until we make signings?

Lawwell needs to sit down with a proper interviewer and explain how our club is run... like who is our defensive coach

thailandceltic, Wee Baldy and Hammy89 like this.
  15. wulliebad

Only that is not what he said.

16. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Well said.

17. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Why is everyone whinging about how the AGM turned out.
    It was obvious how it was going to be since all the questions were screened before the start.
    Any questions they didnt like they didnt have to answer as they would never make it onto the AGM agenda.
    What should now be done is carefully set up questions and then demand an EGM which they are not allowed to deny outside 3 weeks of an AGM happening.
    They CANNOT pre screen the questions and have to answer them all.

Peej and bkk bhoy like this.
  18. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Excellent suggestion but not sure there is enough organization among fans to accomplish this.

What the fans lack is a focal point or a spokesperson. Whats Paddy McCourt doing these days?

Drakhan likes this.
  19. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Because nobody knew that the initial tweet was incorrect. Or was that a rhetorical question?

For anyone else wondering what the actual quote is, seeing as it still hasn't been corrected in this thread...

"we've missed the fans as much as any other club in Europe"

Dannybhoy81 and Peej like this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I take it back then :50:

PaulM1888 likes this.