1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Kilmarnock (Sunday, the 13th of December - 15:00 - Celtic TV/Pass to Paradise only)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Dude, Dec 10, 2020.

Discuss Celtic v Kilmarnock (Sunday, the 13th of December - 15:00 - Celtic TV/Pass to Paradise only) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. stew37

Aye special mention to Don Robertson, that was a * performance. 8 yard walls now apparently, and some very clearly wrong decisions. The one that sticks is Moi jumping and getting barged out the way, and Killie getting a throw, mind boggling.

HoopswithPride likes this.
  2. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    MagicBallBhoy and Sydneysider like this.
  3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It's saying "average", so it must be based on voting. Presumably a bunch of Huns who really need a hobby or something skewed the vote.

Marty McFly likes this.
  4. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Think his performances for the French U21s will probably get more views etc than the spl dross he's against most weeks. let's hope so anyways.

5. Celticbhoy97

Paolo Duffini, Zinadine Turnbull, Ngolo Soro..

The 10 is still in contention.

Time for Eddy to drop out this side was a passenger to today and miss some absolute sitters.

I’m Eddys biggest Stan but atm I don’t wanna be Edouard

6. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Can go to ma work tomorrow without feelin embarrassed. That’s no happened in ages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kramer1 likes this.
  7. Mr Diggler

What is interesting is the tried and tested guys who have let us down so badly this year might find their way back into the team difficult. We are obviously missing Forrest but others like Christie, Ntcham, Elhamed even Edouard have not tried a leg for months now. Brown is nowhere near the standard he was. That is 5-6 key men plus the goalkeeper situation which sees us playing our third choice ahead of a 5 million quid signing. It was Lennon's words in August though about certain players leaving as their heart wasn't in it that caused so many ructions. Look at the team today though- Soro and Turnbull playing for their place, youth and enthusiasm with Frimpong added to the mix. Duffy playing to see his loan extended rather than terminated. Taylor playing to get back into the team(and he should) It might be that Lennon caused such division with his August comments that this is the end of the teams cycle. Going forward only those determined to play for Lennon and Celtic should be considered for selection. And Scott Brown should be used much more sparingly.

joemc and TheHappyLoss like this.
  8. TheHappyLoss

We’ve all seen the last two midfield performances and the difference has been huge. Given that Ntcham who has gave us * all for what seems like forever can get his wish and * right off. Broony has been fantastic for us but think he should be used rarely. Christie shouldn’t be guaranteed a place and if he doesn’t want to be here get him to * as well. Obviously we need good players in the team but having desire and energy is huge.

MagicBallBhoy and joemc like this.
  9. Sydneysider

BBC Sort also thought el buffoon was " lucky " to get away with what appeared to be a deliberate elbow to the face on Connolly. Yellow card so ref obviously saw it so....

10. bowroadbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song, Oh' Hampden in the sun,Fields of Athenry
    First half display was * poor, Second half totally different, my concern is where are the goals going to be coming from? If we are depending on Edouard, Kimala and Ajeti we will have a long wait ahead of us. Unless we recruit in the January window for a proven striker, Mikey Johnstone (Great to see him back) and the Griff will have it all to do!

11. joemc

Wot I mean by that is a deal was more or less sorted and he is making sure he does not get injured , looks as though he is clearly playing at 50% being kind .

12. joemc

Weirdly its totally flipped ,huns had the same issues last year and now thier getting goals from all over , klimala wont get us wot we need ajeti needs a hartson type alongside him , Eddy is looking after himself and griff must not be doing enough in training .

13. pete0301

I think Christie has always gave his full energy for me, he just keeps being played out wide which doesn't suit him and he gives away too many fouls. I'm so excited to have Mikey back, we have missed his style of winger so badly with Forrest out as well.

14. Dip 'n' Swerve

Least it was a clean sheet..

Watched the huns game - lucky with the win goals came at the right time - need them to draw a few before they play us take them off their perch before Tavernier and Goldson get their much needed engerland caps lol ffs

Mikey J showed a few wee flashes of what he can bring to the team hopefully he has matured and wised up (a bit like Cornish cruncher cheese - solid investment for xmas day with some crackers and grapes!! )

Ajer at RB is positive and I like the idea of him playing it and signing another centre half in jan, would ajer be happy to see himself at RB or is he a moody git.

Soro - aka Mr muscle does the jobs you hate - not pretty but puts in blocks, gets in your face and keeps it simple

Turnbull - he can land it on a 50p piece, even landed it on Duffy's 50p head - what a finish.

Griff - what does he need to do for some mins, Polish Paddy is not the answer

If lennon is reluctant to play lennon, send griff to hibs on loan try and pinch points from the huns?? Our best striker and finisher too, the cheeky to bring him on and save your face against Aberdeen.

Hazard -
    Ajer - Jullien - Duffy
    frimp - brown - mc gregor - rogic - moi - laxalt
    eddie

I think this will be his not, not the team I would pick - in many games a swan song for brown and lennon knows it.

15. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

Just watched the re-run of the game, thought it was a solid performance and could easily have been 4 or 5 nil. Whole team putting in a solid graft. Liked Elyounissi chasing down every ball and getting some right good dig in. The Ref giving us nothing, some of his decisions were ridiculous. Clear handball for a penalty, I've no idea why we don't have VAR and to be honest its ridiculous if the SPFL consider's itself a professional league in the 21st century, apart from the obvious reason reason of course.

16. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    So, they will just brush it under the carpet along with all the other misdemeanours that little * has got away with. If any Celtic player did that type of challenge on a player then it would be highlighted morning, noon and night.

Sydneysider likes this.
  17. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    That is embarrassing that is so bad and so biased. As bad as we have been this season that was a very dominant performance.

Sydneysider likes this.
  18. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Clear hand ball and a penalty which he didn't call in the second half as well.

Sydneysider and stew37 like this.
  19. stew37

Didn't think the first half was all that bad. We still dominated. Its difficult to break these teams down. Commentators often talk * but I agreed with what was said yesterday, I actually was always confident we'd make the breakthrough yesterday. Haven't been confident at all of that in domestic games recently.

20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Not just because we won the game but I feel so much better after that game. I thought we looked very solid defensively and that for me has been our biggest issue. Kilmarnock hardly got a look all night just one effort on goal in the whole 90 minutes and once we got going in the second half we were much better attacking wise and fully deserved the win. I am not going to get too excited yet but that was much better.