1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kristoffer Ajer

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Jan 5, 2016.

Discuss Kristoffer Ajer in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He's always had that bit about him. Have said this so many times, ever since he broke through has always reminded me so much of Roy Aitken, not just as a player, with his defensive style and forward runs etc, but as with that bite as a leader also.

2. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It was the sort of thing you'd get from a captain. IMHO should be a serious contender for captain now with Broony's time coming to an end. I guess it's McGregor, but he should be at least vice captain anyway.

Double Dutch likes this.
  3. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He's definitely got that in him, although the arm flapping is still there. I think if he was made vice captain he would have think long and hard about his temperament, it could end up the making of him. That is a player we should go all out to keep

Edit - Sorry meant to quote you Random.

4. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    Absolutely excellent at rb and has been everytime hes played there. Think we might see him there more often if Lennon has any sense

5. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I always questioned his ability as a leader but that Duffy comment in his post-match interview has given me a huge amount of respect for him. Today’s sort of changed my mind about him and the big man tbh, wouldn’t have minded before if either of them left in Jan but now I think they’d be a massive loss to the squad, especially Ajer

6. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    I missed the interview mate what did he say

7. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    See his comments about the regulars coming back into the team for the final.

Loyalty over Logic and results :(

martin_d and Dan Breen like this.
  8. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Big man was brilliant today. His attitude has definitely upped a gear, and hopefully is noticed by those around him.

eire4 and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  9. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    He was given MOTM but basically said Duffy deserved it more, I’ll link it here:

jj81 and PaddyBhoy like this.
  10. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He has won me back.

I knocked him quite a bit even last season.

Good stuff from Kris :50:

The Dude likes this.
  11. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    You wonder what hed be capable of in midfield, will probably leave us and go on to be a quality midfielder for somecunt and we've never played him there.

Dan Breen, paulmcq1888 and The Dude like this.
  12. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I prefer him at RB to CB personally

13. Dip 'n' Swerve

would love to see him infront of the back line in a deep midfield role allowing mc gregor and turnbull etc to play higher up the pitch - for those tight European games esp away from home him and soro acting as a buffer could shore things up esp to protect a lead.

I would like him used at RB from here on in but only if we buy an instant ready made centre half to play alongside Jullien.

14. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Cant ever see him getting a run in midfield, mainly due to our lack of resources at the back.

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

The 22-year-old is also wanted by AC Milan, but the French club are in need of a new centre-back after seeing Dante ruled out through injury

Celtic defender Kristoffer Ajer has been highlighted as a January target for French side Nice, Goal understands.

The Ligue 1 side are in the hunt for a new centre-back after seeing Brazilian veteran Dante suffer a cruciate ligament injury in November.

Nice confirmed on Friday that the 37-year-old has signed a contract extension, but he could be out for the remainder of the campaign.

Yes, we are at work to recruit a defender," director of football Julien Fournier told RMC Sport.

"It's easy to take a player but we are looking for specific characteristics and not just adding a player to the team."

Norway international Ajer fits that profile and the French club have been impressed by the 22-year-old, whose contract at Celtic runs until 2022.

Nice will have to match Celtic's asking price, however, which is thought to be around €13 million (£12m/$16m).

They could also face competition as AC Milan have been heavily linked to Ajer for several months.

Although a natural central defender, Ajer has been used at right-back on occasion at Celtic.

Ajer joined the Scottish giants from Norwegian side Start in 2016 and spent a brief spell on loan at Kilmarnock the following year.

He has made 153 appearances for the club in all competitions, helping them to three Premiership and League Cup titles as well as two Scottish Cups.

But Neil Lennon's side have had a difficult start to the 2020-21 campaign. They finished bottom of their Europa League group with just one win from six matches, having beaten Lille 3-2 in the final round of fixtures.

They are also second in the Scottish top flight with 10 wins from 15 games, leaving them 13 points behind fierce rivals Rangers , though Steven Gerrard's team have played two more matches.

Nice, meanwhile, also finished bottom of their Europa League pool and are 11th in Ligue 1 after a rough start to the season that saw Patrick Vieira fired from his role as coach at the start of December.

Nice won for the first time in nine matches on Wednesday when they beat Nimes 2-0.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  16. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    No way can we lose Ajer in January. Plus given his form 12m is below what I would be asking for him. At least 15m IMHO. I can see some players being sold this January but Ajer cannot be one of them if we are to have any chance in the league after the new year.

17. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Have always felt this about him. Lad’s still young enough to make even further serious improvement too. Honestly wouldn’t surprise me to see him succeed Henderson or Fabinho at Liverpool in a few years’ time.

18. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Potentially an A class player.

Gut feelings. . A bit of a scudbook.

19. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Ketamine or Mndy mate?

Conlon likes this.
  20. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Wait and see. Top calibre potential,