1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Celtic Trust - Fan Ownership/Representation

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Seán Mac D, Dec 5, 2020.

Discuss The Celtic Trust - Fan Ownership/Representation in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Long story but I bought 5 bitcoins at a cost of, all in, approx £1200.00 years ago so I know the worth of them now and how generous your donation is ... hopefully they recognise that. Only thing you will need to watch for is potential CGT/equivalent depending where you are based/Your domicile/residency status.. so some gesture from you.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

@Tim-Time 1888 is right here mate, if you're UK-based make sure you read up on: https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ryptoassets-for-individuals#capital-gains-tax

So you don't gift it all to the Trust and then get stung with a bill further down the line.

3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
  4. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Thanks, I am well clued up on the tech, regs etc. Mostly I make my living helping others avoid those pitfalls.

I got those coins for solving the mining equipment overheating ( before professional miners and mining pools took over )

Just need to watch the KYC issue from the Trust end. Probably make multiple small amounts or if needed get some nieces and nephews signed up for a monthly subscription and pay it for them.

( Which will end up with the majority of the little blighters tapping me up. )

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. StevieBhoooy!

If DD is lining up his son to replace/represent his interests from soon(er or later) then they are unlikely to want ‘out’ - especially if prices are dropping. You never know though.

IIRC .... the ‘son’ represented their ‘interests’ at last years AGM.

7. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Well worth a listen.

Peej and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Good to see people calling them out for their refusal to call for their pal in the dugout get sacked along with the board.

11. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I'm not sure.

12. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    I'm getting involved in this.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  13. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

People might look at that holding and talk down our ability to instigate change but ownership by the Trust is only one facet

27,000 supporters currently collectively own 25% of the PLC shareholdings, if we can start the ball rolling on getting them to dust off their certificates and proxy their votes over then our voice can start to be heard.

It's the only way now. We cannot let Capital Investment firms call the shots at our Football Club, where profit & share price become more important than performances on the pitch.

Sack the board, back the Trust.

17. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Don’t disagree with any of that mate. For the Trust to accumulate a support of 25% of shareholders would be a massive massive achievement and is many years away IMO. Even then, well over 50% of the club will remain in the hands of Lawwell and his pals, they will continue to pass motion after motion.

I know guys who wouldn’t be flush with cash, that have made large donations and pledged recurring direct debits to the Trust in recent weeks. It was all a bit ‘seize the opportunity’ for me, and many have contributed without any great understanding. Figures like that 0.001% holding has left them pretty bemused tonight. I'm not entirely comfortable with how the Trust have gone about things if I'm honest, but that's just my personal opinion. People are old enough and bold enough to make their own choices with their money.

Some of the replies to the tweets are also fair in terms of the guys running the Trust declaring their own personal shareholdings. In theory, and I don’t suspect this for one minute btw, but they could keep buying up shares with the fan donations to the trust, the increased demand will naturally create a little price hike for all shares, they could sell off their own holdings for a profit. It mightn’t be huge, but given the current direction of travel for the club and the ugly financial results on the horizon, it would be a shrewd business move.

Maybe what I'm getting at, is that I'd just like to see more transparency in general.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    Tim-Time 1888 and Seán Mac D like this.
  18. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    something needs to be done, our biggest shareholder cant even be bothered to get off his * to attend a virtual agm, the man has no interest in us as long as we keep making him a profit.

19. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Believe me, he’s not here for profit.

Liam Scales and Tim-Time 1888 like this.
  20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    There’s a large amount of fans I think are * zoomers, and I think a lot of us will feel the same, I would love us to have a bit more power as a fanbase but not in charge.

Lawwel’s had his position since about 2003 I think, and this is off the top of my head, don’t know if he was in charge at Seville so I’m taking it from since then. Since then we’ve had 12 league titles, 3 trebles (potentially 4 on Sunday), think it’s 7/8 league cups and 7 Scottish Cups. 3 times into the last 16 of the CL.

it’s the best we’ve ever been run off a board, doesn’t even take into account in that time there’s been a worldwide recession and pandemic. It’s the best we have ever been run.

i have major problems with how we are run, in some decisions, but we need to realise what they’ve actually done for us.

Not a coincidence we’re raging woth again competing against a team spending a good £30m/£40m outwith there means.

Big picture, even if we lose this league this season, I’ll be furious but it’s against a team nearly bankrupting themselves once again to even compete.

We keep up what we’re doing, the way we’re run, there’s no way anybody in Scotland can compete without having a major risk of liquidation.

but, we can do a lot better, I don’t think fan ownership is that though. Too emotional and reactive in our decisions, even if at times what we want would be much better. Think that’d just be at the times when its going wrong though, don’t think we could do the job as a collective as our board are, as much as they annoy me a lot of the time.

Big C, Xatraps, Gyp Rosetti and 2 others like this.