1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Celtic Trust - Fan Ownership/Representation

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Seán Mac D, Dec 5, 2020.

Discuss The Celtic Trust - Fan Ownership/Representation in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Fans representation on board good...a trust nah to many * cooks

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  2. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

hear, hear

JC Anton likes this.
  3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

:56:

TIART likes this.
  4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

How do you propose to get fan representation on the board without backing a collective of fans such as the Trust?

Peej likes this.
  5. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    What is the trusts stance on supporters asking for refunds, not buying merchandise and not renewing next years ST.

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The aye’s have it, the ayes have it

8. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    My son is an Investment Banker and he was amazed when he looked up the value of Celtic shares this morning. Total current stock value £95million. As he says, all the PL teams get more than that per annum, even if they fail, and get relegated. Realistically, thats each fan in a 60k match paying £1583 and you buy up all the current stock. If you account for £600 of that being your season ticket, its not unrealistic how under valued Celtic are .

9. StevieBhoooy!

‘Mon the protestors !!!!!

(or should that be Protestants?) :34:

10. StevieBhoooy!

Id like to know the answer to that one too...

If/when? ‘The 10’ is a lost cause.... then a total reboot is needed. I’d presume they would want as low a share price as they can get without mortally damaging the Plc/club...

Starving of revenue, especially the core money pot of ST payments would certainly not see share values on an upwards direction ... neither would lack of trophies.

It’s a tricky one as any supporters share group (apart from another I know if that is actually run by Klub directors) would want best value fir their investment while seeing the team (and business) do well.

Presumably also.... they would have controlling powers once reaching 51% ownership and subject to the same offer to buy out other shareholders if required.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Following the announcement of a proposed gathering at Celtic Park this Sunday, December 13, ahead of our league game against Kilmarnock, the Club fully understands the concern and frustration amongst supporters following recent results and performances, but clearly, we do not believe staging an event of this kind is in the best interests of supporters, the team or the Club in general, particularly just prior to the match.

For important clarification, in the present circumstances and given the health risk of gatherings of any kind, the Club has not agreed to any gathering taking place. Celtic Football Club is not involved in the organisation of the proposed gathering.

The Club is also duty-bound to point out that it has received legal and safety advice indicating that, if strict social distancing and applicable Scottish Guidance are not implemented, any such gathering would breach current legislation – something the Club would wish all supporters to be aware of.

As is always the case, the Club is, of course, happy to engage with supporters and supporter groups to understand and discuss concerns, and the Club encourages supporters to raise their concerns with the Club directly. Indeed, following a recent request, we look forward to meeting The Celtic Trust next week.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    Peej likes this.
  14. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

Order, Order ! In the * hoose

TIART likes this.
  15. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

Bought some shares today via a broker... tiny amount but it’s a work in progress

Peej, Gyp Rosetti and Seán Mac D like this.
  16. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Thought the club had agreed to it?

Edit-

"we have liaised with the club and the police", nothing agreed then.

17. scuzzy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, KT, Naka, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    @JC Anton "Sack the board, back the Trust" That's T-Shirts and Badges right there mate !

bkk bhoy, JC Anton and Seán Mac D like this.
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    My suggestion to the Trust is to get ex players involved, especially those who have a fan mentality and respect the support

So many ex players would be great at drumming up interest in the Trust. Also musicians etc, anyone who has a public platform.

The Board have had their wake up call and I hope the Trust give them zero wiggle room. People are flocking to the Trust because the Board don't listen.

The Trust must maximize the potential of the moment. DONT LET A GOOD CRISIS GO TO WASTE.

I will be sending a one time Donation. Been holding onto my Bitcoins waiting for a good cause. Can't think of a better one than giving it to people like them who are not out to make a profit.

I invested when Bitcoin was around $30 per coin. In it for the long game, just hope the Trust are too.

20. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Pretty obvious the trust wanted to paint a different picture of the discussion held.. and given how they worded their original statement.
    A cynic might think they knew/hoped the board would be forced to issue the statement they have done.
    Think I'll be keeping a hold of my votes after all, there are a few things unclear.

Yea, still waiting on an answer as well :39: I know what the answer should be but..
    Much of what you say is right although I highly doubt they'll ever reach 51%.