1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Shane Duffy

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Callum McGregor, Sep 1, 2020.

Discuss Shane Duffy in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Crilly Hakuhna matata

We’ve been * poor at the back regardless I would be up for giving him another try alongside Jullien. If anything Atleast an aerial threat from set pieces

2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'd give him another chance if we get another manager in.

No chance is Lennon actually instructing the team and coaching them.
    Toss Duffy back out there and the same * will happen again and again.
    He needs to be put in to a more organised defence that can get the best out of his good points and covers his * for his weak points.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Crilly likes this.
  3. JamesM09

Same old. If you don’t play long enough you become a world beater again, until you play.

Duffy is *. Any new manager coming in should pull him into the office and tell him he won’t be playing.

Giving another chance to an overpaid Loan player that’s been dogshit since he got in is the biggest, ‘* you’ to everyone else in the squad that’s on less than half that money ffs.

Metrobhoy and Peej like this.
  4. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Welsh deserves a chance ahead of him, Bitton and Hatem. Duffy would be better played up front to play long balls into. The further away from our goal the better.

Crilly and Peej like this.
  5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye, very true to be fair.

I most certainly don't want him near the team, specially not ahead of Welsh.

Just feel he may deserve another chance to prove his past ability under a new manager - not saying he is good, but just someone better may get more use out of the lump of wood.

JamesM09 likes this.
  6. JamesM09

I can respect that mate. That’s how I feel about just about every other player in the squad. For Duffy though, I would be putting a marker down.

Peej likes this.
  7. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Starting to wonder if he really is that * looking at the state of the whole team just now

8. northeast67

He's a loan on 40g and came from the mighty premiership he should be able to read the game much better if he's slow, the only reason he's up here is he's struggling to get a game for Brighton and he's a Tim.
    Much better players we could be going for on half that salary, the time a new manager comes in Duffy will likely be gone.

9. Lennon1888

Think Lennon has just turned him *, Who knows.

10. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Thought welsh actually looked fairly good against the huns, wouldn’t mind him at all if were sticking to a back 3

CookieMonster likes this.
  11. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He’s exactly what we need, solid defensively and strong in the air for his size and then on the ball just keeps it simple. Too many times we’ve been caught this season by defenders trying to overplay it from the back.

Crilly likes this.
  12. celtic warrior

Welsh, in all this has been given a raw deal here. He's been used and despite the level of opponent hasn't looked out of place in the slightest.

That is despite the overall horror shoe our defence has been, as an individual he should still be in the 11 as his performances deserved it.

Thing is, even if we went out an bought a fit VVD back with other worldy CB's our coaching is so * poor they'd still probably be *.

In a lot of ways lately, I don't think I've ever seen such a clear example of what good personal coaching can do to a squad compared to what a lack of coaching as whole can do, despite the undoubted talent within the squad.

King of Kings likes this.
  13. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Too bad Lennon is an arrogant * and most likely won’t change it at all. Would like to see him get some game time though

CookieMonster likes this.
  14. Bazza Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Its a grand old team to play for
    If its between Welsh and Duffy, it has to be Welsh. Duffy has had his chance, develop our own player and pump that fud back to Brighton first chance in January.

Came across this video again today, I can honestly say I've never disliked a Celtic player so much in my lifetime. I feel like he's taken us for a mug thinking he'd coast it here.

I get he's a Celtic fan and who wouldn't turn down the chance but if he's this big Celtic man that everyone says he is, he should return every penny we have paid him because he is rank rotten.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He's been absolutely brutal. Let's no try and dress it up..

He definitely hasn't been helped by our system and the way we've set up since he's been here though..

Think the rumours of him being off in January are obviously true since he's been bombed out..

16. Mr. Slippyfist

:56::56::56::56::57:

17. stew37

Would happily have Welsh in the first team. Hasn't done anything wrong while he's played really, and that's what we need at the moment. Duffy has been abysmal I'm afraid.

Crilly likes this.
  18. Pearse67*

He will yoyo between teams just promoted to the premiership, said teams will wonder why they cant stay up.

19. James Gold Member Gold Member

We've been * poor and unorganized at the back without him

We've been * poor and unorganized at the back with him

20. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    In hindsight, why did we ever think it would work? He’s a guy who, even when he was playing regularly which was over a year ago, has always been accustomed to playing in backs against the wall teams. Teams who don’t ‘play football’ as such, be it with Brighton or Ireland. Graham Potter, who wants to play a slightly more expansive and attacking game bombed him out, that should of told us something given we are a team that are almost always playing a high line domestically. He is also criminally unfit, looks knackered after 20 minutes and even when he is fit he turns like a truck and is insanely slow. He thought this would be a handy wee number for him, a chance for him to come in on the back end of a historical decade and absolutely boss the league. Well, it hasn’t quite worked out that way Shane, so you can take your cryptic Instagram posts and head off down the pubs to have a wee sing song with them now.

Bazza Bhoy likes this.