1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Think we need Johnstone & Forrest back if we have any chance of doing this. If Forrest isn't fit, i would give Frimpong the opportunity to run at them on the break. We seem to hold on to the ball too long in midfield when on the break & the boys out wide seem to always turn back & slow it down.

cat123 and joemc like this.
  2. Mr. Slippyfist

I’m * if I can handle any more of this negativity...

Lennon gets my support for tomorrow along with the players.

One last chance to show us they’re up to the job.

:s:

3. joemc

The reason why nothing is getting done is because we as fans react from and with emotion,we are rarely correct and in many cases proved very wrong on assumptions ,and opinions , tactics and players .
    The Board have to be trusted to deal with the situation after having discussions with the manager and either feeling he can pull us out of this stumbling ineptitude or dealing with his replacement.

Wot I do know is the infighting with fans and club are without doupt helping to hand the title to the huns , we as fans don't have much patience and thats exactly wots needed here , to back off and see if we can fix this and let the club focus on the fix rather than fan disturbances .
    I will point to a ray of hope that things are not a lost cauz , we went 2 goals up away to lile and same with ac Milan, but the team seemed to know they would throw this away , so we are not a million miles of being better , the confidence in team defending is shot and needs put right , not by continually stating players are making bad judgement calls , giving away stupid penalties , it makes players scared to react naturally to situations , show them the error and how more cover and support would have stopped the problem happening .

I know these are big asks for fans to accept but we only serve to give the media negatives to print and help our rivals .

cat123 and Pogues like this.
  4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

A win tomorrow simply delays the inevitable.

5. JamesM09

(a) There’s certainly lots of things going wrong, tactical ineptitude is one of them, hence why we’re so obviously tactically inept.

As others have said, there’s numerous examples of decisions, repeated mistakes, lack of change which show he is tactically clueless. This is perfectly valid evidence. You don’t need a quote from a coach written in a book.

(b) With regard to his past, your logic is simply flawed. There’s very simple explanations that would explain why tactics were better in the past (if we even grant that assertion). For example, tactics could’ve been handled by other coaches that are no longer here. So to say we would ‘expect that to affect past seasons’ is just wrong. We wouldn’t necessarily expect that.

6. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Have to disagree with you there certainly not sticking up for Lennon but the game at ibrox when we won 2-0 was as much a controlled 1 sided affair as Gerrard s 2 last 2 matches at Celtic Park, Huns hardly had a shot on target, bossed him last 3 games but to say first game at ibrox was an even affair, that’s 100% untrue mate

cat123 likes this.
  7. JamesM09

I agree we were better that day but since then they have been far better than us. That last game we played was equivalent to a 5-0 for me. They could’ve scored more if they wanted but took it easy to prevent a reaction and it worked.

Lennon should’ve been removed after that match.

8. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    We keep saying that his future depends on his next result and, although there were so many games where we all thought right, that's it, he must go now, it never happened. I know the loss against Ross County was a hard one to take, but I think tomorrow's game against St. Johnstone will be a pivotal one and, if we don't win it this one, I think it will finally be the end of his reign. It's only an opinion guys and I could well be totally wrong (which I often are)and be on here tomorrow night getting pelters

9. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Should have cleaned all the Showers in the first place ffs

10. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Thing Huns have been able to do because Warburton, Pedro were such a shambles, Gerrard was given 2 seasons of winning absolutely nothing but there wasn’t a lot of pressure on him as the other 2 were so bad, anything was going to be an improvement and they realised chopping and changing every season was getting them no where so they just perserved for 2 seasons and unfortunately are reaping the benefit now
    definitely think Lennon should go and a get all this we have winners in our team they’ve proved it

But a new manager coming in with the teams confidence and morale at an all time low, shipping goals for fun , 11 points behind granted 2 games in hand, Huns with a settled starting 11, confidence oozing and playing out their skin

Just think personally it would take 1 helluva of job to get the players playing at the top of their game again and turn the league around in 5 or 6 months

11. Real Tim

It can still be done, time to get behind the man he seems to be our only hope as they are not sacking him. All these tadgers saying they hope we get beat 10 off Milan and beat off St Johnstone so he gets the sack can go * themselves never Celtic fans * off to the hun chats lines.

cat123 and Dubliner1 like this.
  12. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Anything but a win tomorrow and he's done as is the 10 do not understand how he's still in a job after the most attrocious start to a season I can ever remember not just on results but on team and individual performances on managerial ability and lack of tactics and coaching, it is incredible the manager hasn't been sacked, hopefully we go on an unbeatable run now, he can't survive a draw or loss tomorrow

JamesM09 likes this.
  13. Real Tim

Agreed, so we better hope he wins because if we don’t Pep Gaurdiola would struggle to win the league if we don’t.

cat123 likes this.
  14. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Lennon has good relationship with dahan elhamed is definently his signing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Currently watching the chelsea v Leeds game just now and the Leeds style of football is lovely to watch. Fast attacking free flowing football, you know. the type we used to play

DennyCelt and oh bhoy like this.
  16. oh bhoy

I wish I had your optimism ,he could lose 4-0 the torys still wouldn't get rid of him. If they won't get rid of him now no self respecting coach is gonna come in and ruin their reputation trying to overcome a margin greater than 11 points .we will be looking at Kennedy or somebody else as equally unqualified for the rest of the season

17. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    This is most certainly true. That game was an embarassment and he should have gone then.

JamesM09 likes this.
  18. The Dude

You have just had a lengthy argument with yourself.

My post was a response, primarily, to these statements:

You know that people are necessarily stating opinions, however they are worded, because tactical competence cannot be measured scientifically.

It is therefore disingenuous to ask people to demonstrate that their belief that Lennon is tactically incompetent is factual. It is an unreasonable and unattainable burden of proof.

No, I will not apologise.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    JamesM09 likes this.
  19. Bonobhoy

Could be worse,we could be Barcelona

20. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    And ending up with the result s we usually get