1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It's a possibility and Kennedy will likely stay when Lennon moves on. Be interesting to see if any player's come out once he's gone and mention what's happening/has happened..

But then why wouldn't we go back to what was working at some point during this 2 out of 11 run or whatever it is?

Lennon is stubborn but even he would have to concede he was wrong month's ago..

2. scootz

I think we can all agree that Lenny's position is pretty much untenable (unless we go on the mother of all runs - over to you Neil!). That said, I still feel that he's become the stooge for an institutional failure.

The Players and the Board also have to take a long hard look at themselves right now.

3. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    KP Beef flavoured crisps

neilly1987 likes this.
  4. Mr. Slippyfist

Listen, I've given Lennon as much stick as the next person but see if he were to just turn to the cameras and say that he's made a * of it, and ask the fans to give him a chance, he might actually catch a bit of support - instead of trying to bamboozle us with utter * and blame everycunt but himself!

The players do not escape scot-free btw, but ultimately the blame for this cruel showing is with the manager.

wee green dug and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Nah * him. The damage has been long done for me..

Plenty of them deserve slating to *. A lot of it his his own doing though again. We look clueless on the park on and off the ball and he threw them under the bus for his disgraceful selections before Ferencvaros and reactive subs when the game had then got away from us..

The player's chucked it that night. Lennon embarrassingly backtracked the next day and picked the same player's the following game..

Of all the seasons to let your emotions get the better of you and kill off our season right at the start of it..

neilly1987 likes this.
  6. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    When you see the 3 we have in the dugout...they are non communicative apart from dafty with his laptop.

I'd definitely say something has happened with Kennedy and Lennon .

Looks like Lennon's being a * about it too.

neilly1987 likes this.
  7. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    This discussion about assistant managers and their inputs on tactics is really interesting. Perhaps Garry Parker is a much better assistant than Kennedy? Although, we had great times last season in Europe, without GP.

8. Bonobhoy

If they have all fallen out its a * embarassment,children do that in a schoolyard ffs.

Get it * sorted of * off the lot of them.

Slater67 and littlekennie like this.
  9. Pogues

Exactly my thoughts on the players. The buck stops with lennon but do you really need to coach a professional fitba player no to let a man run by you with the ball without tackling him or not to bring a boy down in the box when he's going nowhere. Players need to take a lot of the blame.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  10. joemc

The lack of tackling in the box is down to the stupid penalties we have been giving away , the players have been told to stop gifting them and its been hammered into them ,they are now not being instinctive in defence and our keepers are not helping the confidence either .

Pogues likes this.
  11. Pogues

Aye agree with you. It's no just the tackling in the box, outside it as well. Lennon getting slaughtered for his coaching but FFS the players making ridiculous decisions on the pitch costing us big time.

12. rickyroma25

I think Joe Ledley said, he didn't actually know what Garry Parker was there for, and that all he really did was put an arm around players after Lennon game them the hairdryer.

Saw it a while ago though. Could be misremembering.

13. leeso-ardoyne

A nice wee bonus for when we do the 10! HH

markybhoy1976 likes this.
  14. The Dude

You are placing an unreasonable and unattainable burden of proof on people who are clearly voicing credible opinions from a position of some authority.

The degree to which Lennon is tactically competent or incompetent is incalculable, but I trust the judgement of my fellow supporters, who have scrutinised his managerial career for over a decade now.

There have been countless instances in which Lennon has demonstrated tactical ineptitude (and you can no doubt cite examples of his tactical competence, or even skill), but I doubt that any of them will satisfy your inquisition. Why should they?

We both know that it is impossible to quantify such a shortcoming, so asking someone for conclusive evidence of it is disingenuous. To then argue that a lack of such evidence demonstrates that Lennon is held to a different standard from everyone else is ridiculous.

15. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Parker was just one of the coaches when Ledley was here, however there was also the likes of Mjalby & Thommo around as well as Kennedy & Stevie Woods at the time, so perhaps that was what Parker was be the 'good cop', in a good cop/bad cop scenario?

rickyroma25 likes this.
  16. Sgt Neppers*

How is this * show being allowed to continue. Its depressing. Why do we need to wait till it's far too late to do anything about the season before we act. Lennon has had more chances than a monopoly game to sort this and he cannot do it. Its beyond him. That * * Lawell needs taken down a peg or two. Why isn't DD doing anything about this???? Nobody is leading, nobody is taking responsibility. All bunkering down behind fences and * statements telling us fans to eat our soup and shut up.

So many questions. So many emotions. But these easiest one to deal with is hate. Hate them all. For their selfish egotistical ways. For putting money before all else. They're not Celtic men. Sickens me further Dave Kings attitude towards us. Media writing us off after they same hacks were fed pish by PL days earlier.

Been a * * few weeks for the club and its fans. Don't see it getting better either. With a new years humping at the asbestos dome. Every passing day is an opportunity missed to claw the deficit in coaching/set up to challenge the scum.
    But we don't bother. We don't care.

Gutting. Truly.

The Phoenix and SteveyNico67 like this.
  17. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Lennon does have his strengths, most particularly has generally proven to have a pretty good eye for a player, but his game management has often left a lot to be desired.

I often wonder why managers think being on the sideline is their preferred position. Surely sitting up in the stand gives a much better overview of what is happening, and in the modern age with technology being what it is they can communicate with coaches in the technical area to communicate with the players. Think some of the histronics of managers on the touchline are sometimes much more about theatre than it is about actual necessity.

scootz likes this.
  18. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    The guys that came in in the summer of 2019 like Elhamed, Bolingoli, Taylor and Jullien, did Lennon have assay in bringing them in?

19. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    This is total nonsense. It is absolutely not unreasonable to ask for solid evidence for a proposition that none of us can observe directly. This is totally legitimate. It is absolute nonsense to say that this is an unreasonable burden of proof.

You are perfectly entitled to trust them without evidence (although bear in mind that I am also such a supporter); but my asking for evidence does not make me like a conspiracy theorist.

You seem to be implying that I am never satisfied by the evidence I ask for. That would indeed be acting like a conspiracy theorist. The problem is that it's demonstrably not true. Until the first Prague game, I argued that Lenny was not * up and that our poor form was down to the amount of players unavailable and not match fit. I made the testable prediction that our form would improve when we got people back. Key players returned and we didn't improve. I admitted I was wrong in the face of the evidence.

I also argued against the notion that Lenny was behind the times as a coach. I have not totally conceded that I am definitely wrong yet , but I have conceded that the evidence is accumulating (the actual evidence from the things Lenny has been saying in interviews about not watching games back and the bizarre comment about how much information to give them) and I have also conceded that it is looking most likely that I will probably turn out to be wrong about this one too.

This is not the behaviour of a conspiracy theorist who is never satisfied by the evidence

Who asked you to quantify anything? There are standards of evidence that have nothing to do with quantification.
    A member of the coaching staff making a serious statement that Lenny doesn't care about formation would be strong evidence, an ex-player (Kelvin Wilson) making a flippant comment) about his recollection of 7 years ago is much weaker evidence. Lenny saying that, gosh, he might make the squad watch back the video for once was indeed one piece of hard evidence that needs to be taken seriously. If you can find a few more like that, I will concede that I'm wrong (because if you can find a few more like that, I will, of course, actually be wrong). I'm not, contrary to what you state, asking for something unattainable and in no way being disingenuous.

By the way, feel free to apologise for the "disingenuous" comment, because I have argued in good faith from the start.

20. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Hopefully things just click again after a few wins and we go to Ibox and counter the * out of them like we did the last time we went there.

It's definitely not insurmountable but we need turn a corner immediately

cat123 likes this.