1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sgt Neppers*

More protests and refunds needed. Its the only way money men will understand. They don't understand football, as 2 wins in 11 is acceptable. Cannot stand the sight or sound of the parasitic Lawell or lennon anymore. Selfish egotistical *!!!!!
    Cant believe 2 men can be allowed to be so arrogant and careless, without any recrimination for their actions. Heartbreaking stuff.

2. crazy-horse1977

Pretty much the same. Couldn't believe my ears.

Double Dutch likes this.
  3. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

He really does come across as deluded in that interview, in fairness he is protecting the players. Don't get wrong, I think Lennon has to go by I couldn't help notice bow alone heooked in the dug kit, and it's been like this for a good few games with the odd look at Strachans laptop. If he continues he needs help, the problem is on the coaching side, Kennedy looks like a petulant child at times not getting his own way. Maybe Lennon and Kennedy have had a fallen out? Get rid of him and bring back Gary Parker

4. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Be better aff wae John...

5. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Say thank you to our owner. I read up a bit about his past. The way he was involved in corruption etc no wonder he's a right old *. Disgusting human being who should never be allowed at a club like ours.

6. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Surely away today ? How can they think dragging this out can help the club in any way ?

Fans have backed them to the hilt this season and it has been thrown back in all our faces. I really feel for everyone that went out and paid hundreds or even thousands to watch that dross on their tv, while PL shows utter contempt for them and ignores what is staring him in the face.

How much will they make from Adidas merchandise next season if this continues ?

How many people will think it a good idea to splash out on another ST knowing how little the board care about them or their opinions on how we move forward as a club ?

How embarrassed will they be when the banners are out covering a large section of the stadium because they decided to be stubborn and not bow to fan pressure, when the product on the pitch has been sub-standard since the season kicked off, barring one or two games ?

Blowing ten in a row without a fight because a few guys turned up outside the stadium to demand change and emotions ran high. That'll show them, eh ?!!!

JamesM09 and Crilly like this.
  7. Crilly Hakuhna matata

All Lennon seems to ever get is 20-30 minutes. “We were excellent for 20 minutes” too bad it’s a * match of 90 minutes isn’t it. Not a dig at you btw but how can our manager justify 20 minute performances

JamesM09 likes this.
  8. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Back the team.
    Sack the board.
    Please get these * out of our club, can’t believe they’re waiting for us to drop more points before changing anything. It’s beeen clear for so long we need change. Obviously I don’t want us to drop any points and hope we don’t the weekend but with Lennon still in charge it’s just prolonging is the inevitable and we’re gonna lose the league no question. Out the cup and Europe already. He’s well and truly at the wind up here

9. Bunk Moreland

They can't sack Lennon without having an immediate replacement lined up and he has the be the right man for the job of turning a season around with immediate effect, not a guy who needs 6 months to find his feet. All sacking Lennon right now will do is put John Kennedy in as caretaker manager and that's not solving any problem at all. Even if they did sack Lennon this minute it would still take the same amount of time to get the right man in place.

scootz and Sonic Reducer like this.
  10. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Did he cover Sunday in last night’s press conference? Or are we due some more delusional musings today?

11. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Said he's gave the players 4 days off after those 2 great goals last night. He hopes that St Johnstone will do the right thing and concede the game on Sunday.

12. Fear Dearg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat Bonnar
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    The season is gone and the longer the players are under him the worse things will get

He has go asap

Its heartbreaking that he hasn't resigned

King of Kings and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  13. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Taking us for mugs again with yet another incoherent car crash of an interview. Disgusting

JamesM09 and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  14. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  15. JamesM09

They should always have some notion of who the next manager will be. A group of 5 or so constantly being monitored in case this type of thing happens. We need to stop pretending this isn’t someone’s job that they get paid a metric fucktonne for.

Besides that, we’ve been * all season. They’ve had at least 6 weeks now to line up a new manager in case the situation didn’t improve.

It’s like the way Lennon is acting surprised Brown has been so * this season. Like it’s a * surprise the 35 year old struggled to get fitness back after the 5 month layoff. No one could’ve predicted and prepared for that. Aye right, much money does Lennon get again to manage the * team?

16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It's beyond the need for the right man though.
    I mean or course we need the right man. But Lennon's done so much damage to the squad and the fans now, that he needs to go before he does any more damage.
    If that means Kennedy for a month, so be it.
    Literally no manager, not even kenedy, can be worse than what we are right now.

Which is a form on a par with Hamilton's last 11 games.

But really, does anyone believe the board are doing their job and seeking out replacements? Have they ever?
    Strachan, mowbray, Lennon and Rodgers literally all fell on their doorstep in one fashion or the other.
    Deila maybe aside, has this board and lawwell ever done their job in actively seeking out a manager?

Even last time, they packed a few applications in the draw...if anyone actually applied. I doubt it if football managers hand in an application form and CV like a 17 year old kid would for a supermarket job.

I don't believe for a moment they are working in the background. That would mean a level of competence that this board have never shown before.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

17. Bunk Moreland

I'm fairly sure they do have some sort of notion, they knew they wanted Ronny Deila before Lennon went and knew they wanted Snake Rodgers before Deila went. There's absolutely nothing to suggest they don't have someone or several others in mind, however replacing a manger at the end of a season or close season is far different to replacing one mid-season who has to come in and get it right from day one. Unfortunately it's not as simple as just looking at 5 candidates and getting one.

Peej likes this.
  18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'd want to argue against that, for the sake of arguing against the board (and not yourself bud), deila was being sought after as the assistant backup after mjalby left, and Rodgers was been chased by Desmond after deila had already announced his intentions. The ball had already been rolling in both cases prior to the need of one or the other needing to be immediately replaced due to other issues.
    Nitpicking maybe, but I just don't trust this board to be actively doing the right thing.

Me, you, everyone can list a dozen names right now of managers out of s job who could walk in to this one of offered the right money. It doesn't take 11 games and counting to find one of them to come in.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

19. Sgt Neppers*

* that after another humping, further embarrassment that he's still here. Will be major gloom over the club until he goes. PL as well for that matter.

20. Bunk Moreland

It's completely untrue what you're saying about most of those managers. Strachan would have been pursued along with others as soon as MON told the board he was leaving at the end of the season. Mowbray we had to pay fairly big compensation package to WBA and fight to get him. Lennon did as he was already there the first time and was the only short notice manage available the second time but I'm sure it took a fair bit of persuasion and negotiating from Dermot Desmond to get Rodgers to come.