1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

Nah. He shares the responsibility. He took the job and the money knowing the situation.

Also, it’s much simpler than you’re making it. It’s money. If he resigns he doesn’t get money.

With regard to backroom staff, Garry Parker is Lennon’s drinking buddy who should be no where near our club.

Lennon can’t bring in backroom staff because he’s knows no * competent coaches in football, which is no surprise because he doesn’t rate coaching either.

Lawwell should obviously * off too, but Lennon is a bang average manager not good enough for Celtic. The plethora of stories that will come out to excuse him after this debacle is over won’t change that.

ddub11 and Peej like this.
  2. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I honestly can't see why the board et al are taking their time over this. It is glaringly obvious he is not going to be able to turn this around. The defence has been a * show all season and he has made absolutely zero improvements in all that time, if anything they are getting worse. Not only are they making the exact same mistakes game after game, they are actually managing to find new ways to bollocks things up.

I could understand them holding on if there were clear signs of improvement in at least some areas, and it had been some unlucky results had gone against us, but that just isn't the case. It's mind boggling if those in charge can't see it.

Artorias likes this.
  3. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We should have someone new in to at least start to build for next season, it's clear that under Lenny we are now a mess, all the confidence has gone from the players as they look on at a clueless manager who has clearly lost the plot.

I thought at least the Board would've stepped in and put Lenny oot his misery, but naw the charade rolls on.

Sgt Neppers* and Hammy89 like this.
  4. wulliebad

podcast said we are there already,most goals lost in a europa group. If if we are not there yet its * shocking we could be.

5. wulliebad

We will scrape a few wins and he will hang on and then after we get our * handed to us by the zombies he will be sacked.....maybe 14 behind by then. * shocking that is what it might take for the board to do what its paid to do...protect the club from failing.

The Prof likes this.
  6. Ak1

Obviously late to this tonight, but I felt during the first 30 minutes the team showed more urgency, creativity and quality than any other game this season.

It did look a little uncontrolled at times, and it was inevitable we’d run out of steam, or get drawn into something stupid, to get them back into the game.

Where’s that first 30 minutes been in other games this season though?

7. JamesM09

As bad as the defence is the problems are much worse than that. In the early part of the season we struggled to even make chances.

He can’t organise the team at all. There’s no tactics or cohesive plan, just a formation. If he makes it more attacking, the defence suffers. If he makes it more defensive, we make * all chances.

We’re so bad at set pieces now the defensive option isn’t even viable.

We’re shockingly bad as a unit. There’s no organisation and no opponent analysis.

He doesn’t realise this, just bangs on about confidence and luck because he’s too ignorant, lazy and arrogant to actually do some coaching.

8. JamesM09

I posted in the match thread before the match that we’d start with lots of energy and take the lead but would lose comfortably.

It’s so predictable. It’s what badly managed teams with quality players do. They run themselves into the ground without a plan then get taken apart once the game settles.

Milan didn’t come out of second gear all match and even at 0-2, they looked annoyed but not worried. If we’d went 0-3 they would’ve scored 5. We’re that bad.

The Phoenix likes this.
  9. SuperZidane

I would love to believe that. Unfortunately we have a run of fixtures against "weaker" teams and the cup final against Hearts in the next few weeks. If we manage to beat the likes of St Johnstone, Kilmarnock Hamilton and particularly Hearts in the cup final - they'll stick with Lennon until the match against the Huns on 2/1 - when we lose that, they will probably do something but the season will be lost.

The only hope I'm clinging to is that they are willing to invest in a decent manager to try and turn things around for next season. There are rumours of PL stepping down after this season which would be a massive bonus.

The only way I think we'll see action earlier is if we slip up against St Johnstone and/or Kilmarnock - even then I think they'll let Lennon take us to the Cup final in 2 weeks. Perhaps they are talking to people and will let Lennon step down after the cup final particularly if we win.

If we brought in a decent manager before or at Christmas - we just might be able to salvage the league although it's a big ask. If we wait until mid or late Jan - forget it.

10. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    OGC Nice fans turned up at their training ground tonight before the game to protest. They’ve been on a run of 5 losses in a row, winning 4 of their last 11.

Sounds awfully familiar, however Vieira is expected to be sacked, while we’re stuck with a lame duck.

11. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    In fairness, Lennon was “expected to be sacked” on Sunday.

Antz1888 likes this.
  12. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I think if we did lose on Sunday, he would finally be sacked, but 8 points would be way too much for us to claw back imo.

Random Review and Artorias like this.
  13. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    In all comps:
    Last season this time - Goals scored 85 Goals against 22
    This season - Goals scored 52 Goals against 34

Scored 33 less goals and lost 12 more.

This just proves team not doing their job.
    Needs sorted quickly or season is lost.

cas79, Crilly and Artorias like this.
  14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    We were pish again barring 20 mins.

If conceding 4 easily avoidable goals is our way of improvement then it's even worse than I thought. Aye its AC Milan but * me. It's the same mistakes and the same body language from the players and from him.

Hes * deluded man.

thailandceltic likes this.
  15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    This.

crazy-horse1977 likes this.
  16. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

So its actually gonna take more dropped points in the league for him to get the boot?

* sake :31:

17. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Here goes lads, goanny attempt to watch his after match comments, let you know how i get on.

18. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    His reputation has now been tarnished in my eyes within the club for not walking and the way he is conducting himself.

Edit - it’s like Watching Donald Trump talk utter mince when Lennon speaks now.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    thailandceltic likes this.
  19. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Gonna be devastated when he gets the boot soon!!

That's because it's gonna take blowing the 10 for that to happen!! No other reason you can be sure of that.

He's pretty much used up any good credit he had left!!

Crilly likes this.
  20. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Got as far as 'breathtaking'. Disappointed really thought I was actually goanny make it through the whole interview, sadly not to be x

crazy-horse1977 likes this.