1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lack of aggression

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Pearse67*, Dec 3, 2020.

Discuss Lack of aggression in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Pearse67*

Looking at the team there is a definite lack of aggression, there isnt really anyone you would like to go to war with.

This was also am issue last year and was part of the reason we all wanted duffy, there just isnt really anyone with the fight in them.

Heading into january if there is any hope of the league then this is something we must remedy!

2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Lack of a decent manager.

3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You only need one or two battlers or * in the team.

This team is full footballers who should just be outplaying teams, shouldn’t come down to a war.

4. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    Lack of everything mate. First and foremost a lack of a management and coaching system

Big els and CountyDownFaithful like this.
  5. James Gold Member Gold Member

Aggression, talent, flair, organisation, threat, skill, desire take your pick one thing I will say is our body language is spot on

6. celticdawg

You need aggression especially when things arent going well or against technically better players , Laxalt and Christie have a bit dig and arent scared to mix it even allowing for the fact they arent big built !! Broony obviously as well but hes struggling to get there nowadays ...The rest are mentally and physically weak imo !!

7. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Mourinho has made spurs a team of battlers. Can always change a teams mentality through coaching and motivation.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  8. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Definitely too lightweight across the park. Amazed lennon has let this happen. Severe lack of physicality.

9. SteveyNico67

Especially when you consider the type of player Lenny was.

10. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

What we've lacked in aggression this season we've made up for in regression though.

SteveyNico67 likes this.
  11. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    The way that guy waltzed bye three of our defenders to score the 3rd goal was shocking. The defending for the 4th wasn't too great as well. My granny in her slippers could have put in a harder tackle

12. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Agreed. In his first tint as manager you had several that got stuck in. Mulgrew, ledley big maj, a commanding goalie in Forster wanyama, lustig, Kelvin Wilson.

Compare that lot to now we’re extremely lightweight. And we look like pushovers and and *.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mince.Charming likes this.
  13. Mince.Charming

We've lacked aggression since Rodgers was here.
    We got away with it because we were miles infront in terms of ability. Now that's not the case

Decent footballers but far too nice.
    Even most of the Scottish boys have Glasgow uni accents too.

14. Mince.Charming

Even players like Hooper, Commons, Kayal , Stokes could get in about it.

15. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Poor management all round. But it's definitely in some players heads that they're too good for our league and that they're destined for better. The grass is always greener elsewhere. If you're mediocre you need to have something else about you to succeed. The ones that want away will find their level and ultimately will be found out. Eddy isn't all he's cracked up to be (you all know my thoughts on him), Cham is a lazy big pretender, Ajer (who is a one footed defender) and Christie who's passing is abysmal and who seriously believes that he's too good for us ......if you didn't laugh you would cry!

I've been saying for 2 seasons that we lack fight and aggression. We sign big woosies like Julien. He got a dunt in the back from Duffy and was out for weeks. We miss the likes of KT who would run through a wall. I like the look of Laxalt but maybe he just looks better because he's not our player. He knows he can escape this * show so might as well knuckle down and do his stuff till it's time to go. We get good players like him now and again and they can't wait to go back where they came from. The few exceptions include PR7. Frimpong has something about him that a good coach could work with. He's very lightweight and easily shoved off the ball. Coaching is the key here. What happened to the kind of players who voluntarily spent hours in the Gym building themselves up?

I've also been saying for years that PL is deliberately dialing us backwards to get the OF rivalry thing going again. He has miscalculated very badly and this is going to end in tears. How dare they do this to us on the brink of 10 :47: I could maybe have accepted this collapse next season on the back of all that success but to do this now is unforgivable. I feel just as betrayed as I did when BR left :54: But you know what he was a man about it. He wasn't going to be backed so he walked which is a * sight more than Lenny will do. Rather BR than a yes man.

16. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Our aggression in pressing has been steadily declining since during Rodgers final season.

17. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Not just that, he moulds himself in MON. Look at the power his team had. Three monster centre backs. Lenny was tough, Lambert was a leader and commanded respect, Thommo was, well Thommo, simply nuts. Sutton took no * up top and played a savvy game.
    Even Petta and Dids had strength about them

18. Onefootwonder

I think the players were told to stay on their feet last night. They were all doing the same stand off thing.

19. SteveyNico67

Lennon on the match:

"But the quality of opposition we're playing tonight is top class, and the performance of the team and the players as individuals was a *very, very high standard*."

[​IMG]

20. SteveyNico67

Yeh so clearly if Lennon had the wherewithal to mould a team in his image, he would have been a tremendous success at Bolton, Hibs .. now us in the here and now. He just doesn’t have the x-factor.

I’m hoping that a new manager rectifies this mess quick smart in January.