1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Europa League AC Milan vs Celtic 3/12/20 BT Sports / Behind the couch

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by James, Nov 29, 2020.

Discuss Europa League AC Milan vs Celtic 3/12/20 BT Sports / Behind the couch in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

Baffling decisions by Lennon. The games meaningless (apart from avoiding our worst Euro defeat), why not start with Soro and Klimala and give them some decent game time and keep Brown and Edouard for the game on Sunday ? The only reason I can see for that is Lennon trying to avoid a complete drubbing to try and cling onto his job a wee bit longer.

SteveyNico67 likes this.
  2. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Think tats exactly what he did mate, people saying it’s a dead rubber but had we played a second string tonight and lost 6 or 7-0, most people would be raging even more

3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Rome wasnt built in a day

4. oh bhoy

their 3rd goal was particularly bad yer man dandered past about 4 or 5 players ,shocking

5. SteveyNico67

For me, we need an entire new keeper and defence in January. I don’t rate anyone back there apart from Laxalt: which depresses me, because he’s not ours.

6. JamesM09

Player confidence and desire is shot to *. Lennon admits this and keeps suggesting it needs fixed.

Usually the easiest way to fix it is sack the manager and bring in someone better.

7. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Anyone else see soro’s face at the end,as to what more do I have to do to have a run in this side ? Also on 90 mins we’re attacking and edouard just can’t be assed to make a run in the box when we are attacking? Lenny should let the “ fringe “ players start, how worse can it get..?

The_Bhoy and TheWolf like this.
  8. Beldub

Its got to stage I don’t care (or more truthfully it hurts too much) , Neil is like Trump delusional at this stage couldn’t be bothered with it until he has gone
    Felt like this with Delia too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheWolf likes this.
  9. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Your right mate, but Christie diving in giving that free kick away at 2-0 was just plain stupidity

10. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

The thing I took away tonight was where the * did they get a mask big enough to cover Zlatan's nose?:39::43:

TheWolf and SteveyNico67 like this.
  11. JamesM09

Lenny should leave. He’s run this team into the ground.

neilly1987 likes this.
  12. oh bhoy

christie makes that stupid tackle way too often he needs to wise the * up but some * has to put some sort of challenge in

13. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Wasn't even angry at full time. Just sitting accepting the same outcome and standards that we've been told are just a blip/bad month. And we have no-one in the appropriate positions who will do anything about it.

Shambles

14. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    I wasnt angry either until I watched his post match interview, that pushed the buttons.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  15. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Same old story, eh?

Generally played alright considering, but again we have spells where we just look all at sea when trying to defend. The shape and structure is lacking and individuals are making bad decisions to compound matters.

We might manage to get a few results and play our way into some better form, but when we appear unable to address massive failings over the course of a couple of months it's not giving me much faith in us doing that until Lennon goes.

neilly1987 and The Phoenix like this.
  16. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Didn't watch the game or listen to Lennon post match.

Had a great nights kip, up at 5am and check in to TC to see we shipped 4 goals..

Guess Lenny is here until our next pumping off the Huns..

Lennon1888 likes this.
  17. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Turned it off after 20 mins. How many did we end up winning by?

Twisty and neilly1987 like this.
  18. SteveyNico67

We were breathtaking
    Another European game, another 4 goals shipped, Lennon sees the positives

These are dark days indeed

Someone told me today that he has only lost one game in the league all season. I have the feeling that’s about to change soon.

If there is a positive, we’re sure to see a new manager if we keep losing. Which I think is likely, because our keeper and defenders are all imposters.

TheWolf likes this.
  19. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

we need either a replacement scott brown a wanyama type dominant DM or we some how train mcgregor and christie to be able to tackle and defend well but i dont see them ever being very good at it, and christies gonna be off soon anyway

for me christie, rogic and mcgregor are all attacking midfielders we dont have the right balance in midfield and as a consequence were losing tons of goals, the balance is way off cause browns not as good as he used to be and the players alongside him arent good defensively

its astonishing turnbull and soros havent worked there way into this team this season

neilly1987, TheWolf and oh bhoy like this.
  20. john2061

If there's any money to bring in new players in January then it has to be a new manager to do it as I wouldn't give Lennon one penny and he should go for the best of the club as he couldn't organise a party in a telephone booth .
    There needs to be new ideas and tactics and that only comes from a new coaching team and after tonight we need a new keeper a right back and cente half or even two and a winger .
    Think we need to ship out the ones who want to leave and maybe if we are still in the league give it our best shot till the end of may but there needs to be a change of manager .

TheWolf likes this.