1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Europa League AC Milan vs Celtic 3/12/20 BT Sports / Behind the couch

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by James, Nov 29, 2020.

Discuss Europa League AC Milan vs Celtic 3/12/20 BT Sports / Behind the couch in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sentinel

Has Bain not been the keeper in most recent matches though?

2. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Honestly can't stand him man, called it months ago. He's hopeless, but the worst part about it is him breaking down our play constantly due to him holding on to the ball far too long or attempting passes he should be letting Rogic make.

neilly1987 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  3. The Dude

This.

crazy-horse1977 likes this.
  4. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Well, delighted with that 1st half performance. Created so many opportunities. Brown, McGregor, Edouard, Laxalt and Rogic were excellent. Moment of madness by Christie and zero confidence at the back cost us. We really need a bigger presence between the sticks!

My fear is we tire in the 2nd half. Used a lot of energy there.....

5. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I feel for Barkas, but he's got to make himself look bigger, completely static for the first goal and didn't do much better for the second. The key is to keep him in the team for now and see if we can at least get his confidence up, as it's completely shot.

Free the Adblock likes this.
  6. Lennon1888

Aye but it's about to go nuclear, We've had our good 30 mins

7. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

A improved performance no doubt, most likely caused by Sunday evenings events.

Been sticking up for Barkas and wanting him in the 11 but that was very poor at the first. Need to improve quick it he want to make it here.

8. joemc

Barkas is absolutely dreadful , he will cost us the title before the manager, honking

seanm and Lennon1888 like this.
  9. singer61

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    I can't slate a team who for most of my 60 years has given me so many moments of pleasure. We have been through bad times before and yea it hurts so bad especially when the other f***ers are playing alright, but we will get through this and come back stronger, we need a few players in and some out,whether it be under Lennon or not. And wait till the * hits the fan over at greyskull when they lose a game and they will lose a game trust me I have seen them crumble so many times before.

10. wanmadtim Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka - Brown - Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    personally I don't care what he done at AEK.....He has been absolute * in a Celtic shirt. All i have seen from him is half-hearted attempts at stopping a shot or header or being rooted to the fk'n spot as the ball nestles in the back of the net...ok the defence is useless, but that's why we have goalkeepers!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

seanm likes this.
  11. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Lenny can still * off. This game just showes how poor he's at coaching. Solely relies on individual class and if the players can't be bothered we bottle it.

seanm likes this.
  12. scootz

Better teams than Celtic will park the bus when they get a 2 goal lead against top opposition. Amazed me that we didn't do it against Lille - astounds me that we've not shut the shop tonight!

13. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

he playing rcb or rb ?

14. celtic warrior

Ach well, I'm disheartened anyway so fully expect this to end up a 4 or 5-2 loss

seanm likes this.
  15. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Tbf our 2 goals were qualiity +- there’s down to daft free kick given away by Christie and penalty box defending as usual

16. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South

I dont understand what you could have possibly seen in him since he joined us that you like, the guy is a goalkeeper who doesn't save shots, he shown absolutely zero to make us think he has more to come!!

As for Duffy, hes exactly what you need when you play backs against the wall and sit 10 yards from your goal line, never going to suit how we are trying to play!

wanmadtim likes this.
  17. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

I was furious after the first 20 minutes, where was that performance and attitude hiding!!? Playing like that in a meaningless game but soon calmed down after 24 minutes, back to normal

Peej likes this.
  18. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Quite happy at our start but thought we weren't clinical enough in front of goal and maybe should have been 3 or even 4 goals in front. Typical lapses at the back have let us down again and Barkas is an accident waiting to happen.

19. celticdawg

Soul destroying getting into a lead and then our own stupidity gives them a foothold back , its every game someone comes up with a headscratching moment !! Serious question ....Since barkas has arrived has he made a single save of note ?

20. Wizard of Oz

Bain has played a lot of the past games but sure I guess he's to blame before the manager. :39:

DennyCelt likes this.