1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Wants to add quality wonder if its gonna be a magician or a comedian to entertain the rest of his "quality" signings on the bench love the rangers game happens then they * off to dubai is this to hide out the impending * storm coming after they lose again begininng to think they go there and get some voodoo magic put on them to help them win the league or do they just think * it its helped the last 2 years itll work this time again hands up who will still watch tonight through their fingers only to see broony getting skinned..... Again

2. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Lennon has overseen an absolutely horrendous run of form that no doubt should have seen him sacked. However, the board have now made it very clear that they will not entertain that idea. So for this season, I’m off the “Lennon Out” train. It does nobody any good any more.

Does it make me feel like a mug? Like I love under the board’s thumb? You bet. But hounding Lennon is now counter-productive.

I think we need to get behind the team now for the rest of the season if we have any chance of salvaging the 10. Lennon had to be gone this week.. any later is too late. All I can do is pray Scott Brown doesn’t start for us any longer.. which is more than likely a pipe dream. I think we have looked far sharper with a far higher tempo and have played with much more intent whenever Brown has been off the pitch. Of course dropping Brown wouldn’t be an instant solution to all of our problems, but it would certainly help and it would be symbolic of a reset to replace what the board have deprived us of with refusing to remove Lennon from his post.

Real Tim and cat123 like this.
  3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Not for me.

It's evident to everyone bar those 3 that the team have chucked it under Lennon. There won't be any closing of the gap, it's highly likely to go the other way.

We can't defend against anyone - 23 goals conceded in the last 10 games. We don't create anywhere near enough either.

Lennon is talking about quality signings in January but I don't see how that will have any material impact on our success. Laxalt was a quality signing yet since he's came in we've fell apart. We simply can't do the basics and that comes down to the coaching.

A year ago almost to the day I was getting a 5 hour train down to Doncaster to fly over to Romania for our final Europa game when we had already qualified, tonight I'm not even going to turn on the TV in my living room to watch us. I've had enough.

Now is not the time for the fans to relax the pressure on the board, management and players that have let us down horrifically, simply because they are too arrogant to hold their hands up and take accountability.

It is the time to keep letting our feelings be known and taking actions to make sure that every single incompetent individual is removed from their position, so we don't see future implosions like this.

4. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That is the point though! The board have been under pressure for less than a week! Up until now, it's all been directed at Lenny. Look how they've stepped up this PR campaign since they started getting it too- they were quite happy to sit back and let Lenny take it.

You are right that hounding Lenny does no good; but keep up the pressure on the board and they will fold when they start worrying about SB's and see the drop in Christmas merch sold. They always do. Remember, it's been less than a week.

Real Tim, cat123 and Slaw like this.
  5. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I can’t fault you for that mindset mate but I just don’t see how it will help us to win the league this year. If/when we lose handily tonight it will have no effect on Lennon’s job. If we lose again in the league this weekend it might have an effect on his job.. but by then it’s already pretty much too late to salvage it.

cat123 likes this.
  6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Now that they've stuck with Lennon, the League's gone as far as I'm concerned.

We're 4 months in and the Hibs home game is the only game we've commanded from start to finish.

Had we rolled the dice on a new manager after the 'Rangers' game we could have turned it round, had we done it in the International break we might have done it too.

Anyone expecting this team to not only go on an unbeaten run of games but also beat the huns in our next 3 games against them, is being seriously optimistic.

The board have gambled away the 10 IMO and on the weakest of weak excuses (that we might win last season's Scottish Cup in a one-off game)

If the board and management want to patronise us and treat us like we're mugs then we're under no obligation to stand down and go back to the happy clapping for the sake of unity. They had their chance to win back the unity and they blew it, now is the time to fight for change - even if that fight puts the final nail in the coffin of 10 in a row.

7. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    The recent article by John James is fairly hard to argue with. They players are playing for themselves and he seems accurate in his assessment of what's going on. For once I think that I actually agree with everything that he's said.

This paragraph stands out a mile "It’s evident to everyone that Ajer, Christie, Ntcham, Edouard and Callum McGregor have made the emotional decision to leave Celtic. Kieran Tierney’s lucrative transition to Arsenal has turned the Scottish contingent’s heads. All these players have to do in the next four months is avoid injury and to shine for Scotland at Euro 21. Ryan Christie used a Euro 21 sticker on his treadmill as a motivational tool during furlough".

There doesn't seem much motivation to play and risk injury does there?

Mods I will remove is this isn't allowed

cat123 and Seán Mac D like this.
  8. Sydneysider

Our
    best players ? They are not OURS ! they may be the most valuable in transfer value but certainly dont earn their keep or have any loyalty to the Club or the fans.

Dont you get it ? they dont want to be here.

Boyata, Boli, Dembele, Edouard and Ntcham all made it clear they were bored at Parkhead, they thought it was short term and would soon be on their way to London, Nice or Madrid. They probably disliked living in Glasgow ( lets face it if you werent a Glaswegian would you choose to live there ?).

But almost certainly they were told by their agents ( lovely caring people) it was necessary but just a short stay to showcase their fantastic talent before a lucrative move to the EPL or back to La Liga or whatever. Two have already forced a move, the others wont be far behind.

Coincided with another couple ( non-Frogs) deciding it was time to wind down.

Shallow, narcissistic twats. Thick as * poseurs who think they are stars or heroes but produce nothing of value. They kick a * ball around once a week . Entertainers ? watching the soul-less * shows in empty stadiums has highlighted (for me at least) just how irrelevant it really is particularly in the current Covid crisis.

But now its all NLs fault, he may not be a greatest manager but to absolve the rest of these arseholes is wrong.

He is * and the fans are in pain and feel betrayed. About five or six of the squad feel the same pain. Most dont GAF

Real Tim, Aidan O’Shea and cat123 like this.
  9. Paul McAuley

TBH it’s about time we have a guard change anyway. Am resigned to losing the 10 and am looking forward to enjoying watching Celtic again. Can’t face another Hun game with this squad. Was good when it lasted.

10. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I can see where you are coming from and I reckon quite a lot of the blame lies with both the board and those players who have given up the ghost. however, NL has been proven to lack the tactical nous to adapt his team when needed. Every team we come up against knows exactly what our weaknesses are and utilise them fully. His team selections have been questionable and we all know that Broony doesn't need to be played every game as he is struggling. His post match interviews have became an embarrassment and I will never forgive him for his treatment of Mickey Johnston. I will never hate NL as he was a Celtic player and is the Celtic manager. The so called "riot" on Sunday was not solely directed towards him and was just an outpouring from fans who are totally fed up with what's happening to our club from the board down. Therefore, for the good of the club, I want to see NL and certain board members step down asap.

Artorias, Andybhoy93 and cat123 like this.
  11. wulliebad

How long did it take laxalt to bed in,good players don't need much time.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  12. wulliebad

I did say if the board are going to keep lenny,if they are we are stuck and need to try moving forward.Does not matter if a player is Larsson or flood if they are off form or downed tools for the last 20 games they are as well gone.

cat123 likes this.
  13. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    My theory will be Lenny may possibly be sacked tomorrow if we get beat tonight,the board were probably gonna pull the trigger Monday but in their eyes "wont bow to the hoarde on Sunday" fans requesting cash back for season tickets has them * themselves, its all a joke at the minute ffs:47:

14. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Shows just how exasperated we are with the situation when there's multiple posters resigned to losing the league, rebuilds, and talking about our dominance of Scottish football as a thing of the past.

Mental how we've ended up in this state so quickly.

Lewis Kerr and Slaw like this.
  15. Skiv7

It is obvious that the problem within the club is beyond the players. Summer signings ajeti, turnbull, barkas, Duffy etc were all players that 95% of us were over the moon with when they signed. These are all good players who don't become bad players overnight which makes it glaringly obvious that that issue is within the management and coaching of the team which I'm sure the board know. I really belive tonights game is a cover to give the board a few more days to speak to potential replacements

seanm likes this.
  16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    “You know, he [Desmond] bases his decisions on rationale, on values, on durability. He doesn’t make knee-* reactions either. And neither do the board.

We've been * all season ffs, what utter nonsense ! :31::31:

17. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I was certain he'd be off after County. I think there was spite involved but also a massive reason was they just hadn't prepared for the scenario where Lennon needs to go. They somehow didn't plan ahead. I am sick with the club and Lennon. Cannae stop thinking about the whole mess and how negligent they have been and are being. If a top quality manager came in immediately then the league *could* be rescued. The players have chucked it under Lennon, clear to everyone and although its not right or ok, you need to act and replace the manager.

belbhoy and Sonic Reducer like this.
  18. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Spat out my tea when I heard him talk about January and spending more money.

Staying optimistic. Lennon will not be anywhere near the club in January.

Going to embrace delirium and say he won’t be in the dugout come Sunday.

19. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Somehow?

There’s nothing more Celtic than a lack of planning ahead.

We can basically project a players entire time at Celtic the moment they sign, but we’re always still running a round trying to get replacements in, or unable to accept outrageous offers because we’re incapable of getting a deal done quickly (I’m looking at you, Dedryck).

Real Tim and Artorias like this.
  20. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    Leagues not gone yet mate no matter what some people think,if we galvanise they will hit a bad run which all teams do and lets see how the pressure takes them

JML67, Marie, littlekennie and 2 others like this.