1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Board Statement

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mystic Penguin, Nov 29, 2020.

Discuss Board Statement in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

"It is up to us, to everyone at Celtic Park, to build up our own legends. We don't want to live with history, to be compared with legends from the past. We must make new legends."

Jock Stein

Anyone that wants to stop looking to the future and start backslapping themselves for their past achievements, is done.

The truth of the matter is our board have been out-manouevred by a Tax Crook and a bunch of low-level, hun businessmen operating on a fraction of the budget we spend.

Desmond talks about the "Intellectual Capital" of Peter Lawwell but for the above to happen it's looking more like Intellectual Liability.

2. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Agreed. This new one where the manager, players and board can’t do a interview or statement in the current situation without mentioning past recent success right now is just as effin’ annoying.

3. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    the board should be * themselves right now.

Theres a cold wind blowing.

4. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    in addition, if Lennon can't see what his continued presence is doing not only to our team, but to the very fabric if our club then he's NO "Celtic man", never mind "Celtic minded".

something tells me as actions by fans gather pace, Lennon will be offered up as a sacrificial lamb, but I'm hoping we dont stop there.

Peej and Morcombe like this.
  5. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    If the Klan win the league, Lawwell, Desmond and co. will have left a legacy of shame and humiliation to surpass the old Kelly and Whyte regime.

Wee Baldy, littlekennie and Morcombe like this.
  6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

7. SteveyNico67

Aye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Connolly08

Totally missing the point. Celtic have been badly mismanaged. Poor appointments from board members, to manager, to coaches and further elements. The point is we have a greater financial clout than any other club in Scotland. There is no excuse for the regression on and off the pitch. Its not just about winning trophies, there's a real chance that the club could fall behind massively over the next year or 2 if the club don't sort things and get the fans back on side.

cat123 likes this.
  9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Emailed them for the refund. How much is it for roughly? Gonna put it toward a mental health charity.

I hope the message gets across to the board with the amount of emails they will be getting.

kramer1, scuzzy and The Phoenix like this.
  10. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

ST price divided by 21, multiplied by 4.

(divided by 19 for special STs)

Naturally they’ll make you jump through a few hoops first. They’ll email you out a form, you have to print it off and post it back. Refund will then follow in the post, in the form of a cheque.

11. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    This season will have a lasting effect on the fan base for years and years to a point I dont think we will recover form it unless there is a clear out of all associated with this season

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    A cool 5-6million the * have been able to not pay out on the back of the majority of fans not originally taking this up.

Even if half email the *, it will be enough to put the fear of * in to them.

Crilly likes this.
  13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

That’s fine. More effort that the teams put in all year.

celtneill and Bobo_ like this.
  14. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

I emailed them and got a reply with a job number forgot to add my second client ref no
    So will hear tomorrow

Crilly likes this.
  15. JamesM09

If a sufficient number of people demand refunds it will force the board to make change.

The money they lose in the short term won’t be massive, but it will indicate the fan base is seriously considering pulling out money out next season.

Crilly likes this.
  16. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Good to see there seems to be a real appetite for people getting their money back from the club. Glad those people aren’t listening to the * trying to guilt trip them out of it as well, by the way. Imagine trying to dictate how other people spend their money - if the club didn’t want people asking for refunds then they shouldn’t have been so * ignorant

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    JamesM09 and Crilly like this.
  17. JamesM09

As others said, they called us entitled so let’s show them what entitlement means.

They treat us like customers, so let’s behave like customers.

scuzzy, DennyCelt and Crilly like this.
  18. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    My mate txt me there and said that someone has got a petition going on change.org going. Worth a wee look

19. CountyDownFaithful

Struggling to comprehend that we are going to face AC Milan tomorrow night with Lennon still in the dug-out. No other Celtic manager would have survived this run of results.

The statement says there isn't any complacency at the club. If that is true, then why is an under performing manager still in a job? Why are we letting the clock run down on a historic season as if it's past the point of repair? Why do the same players who let us down every week keep their place in the team?

My overriding feeling is one of anger towards the club - the Board specifically for letting this * show continue. At the same time, I feel powerless. The message from the fans is loud and clear, we are united in our demand for change but it's clearly falling on deaf ears.

We, the support, are Celtic. But we desperately need to get more control of the Club going forward. This current Board do not have the same level of ambition that we do.

Peej likes this.
  20. Markybhoy

I was getting the all green tracksuit top for Christmas. I absolutely love it. Have told my mum to cancel it. A tiny gesture maybe but I don't have a season ticket so it is all I can do to register my disgust at what is going on right now.

Seanybhoy9 and FranceCelt like this.