1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. crazy-horse1977

I remember reading the announcement on twitter about 30 mins after the final whistle and instantly thought it was a hoax. Couldn't believe it.

From the elation of the treble treble to Lennon full time was such a major comedown.

The Dude, The Phoenix and Peej like this.
  2. Jeffrey

Very true, remember the walk from hampden into the town well. No one could believe it, buzz kill all round people were genuinely scunnered:56:

3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye that announcement wasn't* on a whim, it was planned to try and sneak it in there during the celebrations and euphoria of the cup win thinking we would all just accept it with a big smile.

It's the contempt that lawwell holds us in, *.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  4. crazy-horse1977

Major buzz kill. Watched it on TV with my old man and as soon as I read it out to him he genuinely said that is the 10 in doubt.

JamesM09 and The Phoenix like this.
  5. crazy-horse1977

Exactly.

JamesM09 and TheWolf like this.
  6. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Will never forget that, I was gigging at the time and went for a smoke break,
    checked my phone and seen the announcement. Had to go back up and put it out my head for the rest of the day so as not to ruin the atmosphere :47:

7. joemc

I feel that its the contempt so many in here feel for the manager that amazes me , he never stood a chance , people waiting on him to fail must have been chocking on their vomit wen he took over and delivered until this slump ,but again they rise to say "I told u so" but that is fine we all have opinions and are free to air them ,wot happens if a br type takes over and loses 3 on the bounce,do we protest, do we sack him ,you see we are driven by fear of not reaching our goal here itsbecome desperate and a wee bit embarrassing, I await "so has our performances " i am not a keep lenny brigade ,all I know is fans will not allow him to manage anymore , thats gone .

8. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The media and pundits are all missing the point. Celtic fans have, and always will support Lennon the man and the player.

He has always had our backing when it comes to adversity.

But they are trying to conflate our protestations about his managerial record, tactics and ability with something altogether different.

Our season has been a car crash and it was Lenny who was driving. It's his job to make sure the vehicle was in good working order ( which it was pre Covid ).

So the fans want to blame the driver and get a new one before the car is written off completely..

In any other walk of life the person at the wheel is at fault but Lennon has not yet admitted he is at fault.

He will go.. that is 100% certain and those on the board who are backing him should follow him out the door.

The main reason I dislike Lenny at the moment is not only our dire performances but the lies that he tells post match. He disrespects our intelligence and the asks for respect for himself.

Trequartista, TheWolf and Peej like this.
  9. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

I agree about the timing of that announcement it was trying to sneak out some "bad news" when supposedly know one would notice ie. treating the fans again like mugs. Re the present situation I think the dramatic drop in form off a cliff is due to the aftermath of the Ferencvaros result. Being the sort of man Lennon is he would have no doubt gave them * in the dressing room and maybe a bit more. Some of the "delicate" players take umbrage to that, Kennedy takes sides with the flowers and the division is started in the dressing room/coaching squad . It reminds me of a time playing for the school team against our local hun opponents. The PE teacher was rambling on about tactics etc in the dressing room, I of course wasn't listening to a word of it. He held me back as we were going out for the game and re-iterated my specific job at Right-Back, then proceeded to headbutt me, so I ran onto the park blood p**** down my nose, raging and took out their star centre forward in the first 5 minutes. At half time he says I told you to make him sure he was in a game, not try and break his * legs ! Im not advocating that approach at all of course but thought it was a funny story to share in these times.

Artorias likes this.
  10. Paul McAuley

When he got the job after the Cup final I wasn’t too bothered. I assumed the 10 would be done at a canter regardless of the manager. We where that far ahead. I was quite happy having the manager who started it coming to finish it. Especially with what he went through in the beginning of his tenure.

Last season tho abet successfully you could see the cracks appearing. We where regressing and the huns improving.

This season tho it’s accelerated beyond anything we could have imagined. The transfer window I was happy with. I thought it was the best in years. How wrong was I.

It’s plain to see Lennon hasn’t got what it takes now a days. The game has came on leaps and bounds in the last decade. He hasn’t moved with it.

We actually have a decent team there that is capable of winning this league even now. But we need direction, shape and a system. We need someone who knows what there doing. It’s not Lennon and I fear by the time he’s replaced the league will be gone.

Smithy, TheWolf and King of Kings like this.
  11. James Gold Member Gold Member

There has been plenty of evidence even last year to show he wasn't up to it even when he came on an interim basis the cup final papered over some cracks to an extent. Look at last year the horror shows against Cluj and Copenhagen then the new year game against the huns could even state a case for the league cup final I still can't get my head around how we won that. To your point about a new manager having a bad run of course he would be afforded time but this is very much not just a bad run we are on currently just now and even at that it is now bigger than the manager losing his job It's the contempt the board hold the fans in

12. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Anyone else buzzing to listen to another bonkers media conference from him today about ac milan * me this is grim

13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I think the ferencravos game is key, but I think there is a lot more to this than just the manager outing a few of them.
    I mean he didn't name them and played them all again the next week anyway, so they couldn't have been that hurt by it.

For me it's the constant dripping of information that suggests Lennon hasn't a * clue how to manage and coach modern footballers. He offers no coaching, development or career progression for these lads.

It's been more than a few times this season he has let slip his failure to do the basics in football management, such as reviewing a game.
    His selections are baffling, with the only answer being he picks his pals/favourite of the week.
    It's got to be demoralising for players to go to work knowing whatever you do won't make a difference to your game time, nor will the manager actually do anything to help you learn and develop to be a better player to get that game time.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Sgt Neppers* and Artorias like this.
  14. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

“The Celtic board aren’t a board who sack people for the sake of it”. Lennon has said.

This is getting bonkers man.

15. James Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic boss Neil Lennon admits he would have understood if he was sacked after Sunday’s defeat to Ross County but is glad to have the backing of the board. “They’re not a board who just sack managers for the sake of it”

Get to * say it as it is you want your pay off. I would respect you so much more for saying it coming across as a fraud

16. JamesM09

Holy *. The pattern is so clear now it’s undeniable.

- Arrogant as * before the match day
    - Turn up, get pumped
    - Provide no answers, nearly greetin, take no responsibility
    - Act arrogant again

Lennon grows a pair of baws between matches then shites it on the day.

17. The Dude

:giggle1:

18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Not seeing this latest interview yet, any links?

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. JamesM09

There’s got to be a protest before the match on Sunday surely to *.

These comments are a, ‘* you, what are you * going to do about it? We’ve got your money and you can’t get in’.

The Dude likes this.