1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I do actually like him as a player but his interview after Scotland qualified for the Euros annoyed me.

He doesn't show that same emotion playing for Celtic. In fact he barely celebrates our goals.

And when he was self-isolating he claimed he motivated himself by getting on a treadmill and envisaging getting Scotland to the Euros. That was his primary thought. Not 10 in a row.

Gone off him since. He's not committed.

2. JamesM09

I've never taken to him either. He just looks desperate to play 15-30 games a season in an English side full of losers and get paid 50k p/w.

Probably looks at Callum Paterson and McBurnie and wishes he could be so lucky.

The Dude, Whoflungdung, mayo and 4 others like this.
  3. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    I’ve said before, he probably thinks Mourinho has been keeping tabs on him, or that KT or McTominay will put in a good word for him at Arsenal or United, that’ll be his next springboard before he’s jetting off to the Bernabeau as part of the new wave of galacticos. When in reality he’ll end up warming Fulham’s bench before rotting away at Barnsley or some other Yorkshire stalwart of the game. Ideas well above his station, and I think his attitude in certain games this year has been appalling. Not half the player he thinks he is.

4. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'm getting a bit fed up of this bashing for the Scotland interview, seen it a few times now. That whole episode definitely needs looked at in isolation given the magnitude of it all. It's unfair, and actually incomparable in my opinion. He's excited about the Euros next year, of course he is, not an issue for me.

By all means, give him pelters for his set pieces, his greediness, his huffs on the pitch or whatever. All merited as he can be infuriating. I'm not exactly celebrating all our goals right now either, I'd prefer muted reactions to all our goals until the 90 minutes are up at the moment anyway. * all to be singing and dancing about.

5. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

The irony is folk moan about players being distant from the fans yet when a players opens up in an interview the player runs the risk of upsetting some folk because they don't like what they have said. In this case playing for Scotland motivates Christie, so what? Had this been Duffy talking about Ireland qualifying I doubt anyone would have said a word.

6. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I actually thought his interview was absolutely fine and great seeing how much it means to him.

It's doesn't change the fact he frustrates the life out of me in the hoops.

7. DonnyCelt

Has he ever beat the first man on a corner?

8. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    I feel I have to stick up for Christie here. Regardless of his flaws as a player which has been highlighted above, for the best part of 12-18 months he’s been extremely consistent, and consequently, one of the first names in the team sheet. His stats don’t lie.
    And if you’re suggesting he’s not committed, I feel he’s more committed than others.
    Folk moan about wayward shooting: at least he’s trying a shot on goal when there’s * all movement from other midfielders or strikers.
    Where would we be without his contribution this season? Even further behind the huns is the answer. He’s is one of the few who seem to put in a shift every game and try to get us going. It may seem he’s trying too hard or wanting to do it all himself but that’s maybe because hardly no one else is. So what choice does he have?
    I do agree his set and pieces could be far better. But I’ve suggested for years we should have a set-play coach to work on clever and choreographed movements to maximise these opportunities rather than pumping in the box and hoping for the best.
    Another thing: would a better manager play him out of position or get more out of him?
    The whole team and management deserves criticism and rightly so but to single him out is unjustified IMO. If that’s the case each players’ thread on this forum should be full of posts saying he’s * and should be sold because he’s no committed. But it’s no.
    We all know what the main problem is and it’s not Christie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mickmac, MagicBallBhoy and Jeannie960 like this.
  9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye, a few times.

Unfortunately they always end up going out the other side for a goal kick.

10. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It’s all Boligoli’s fault. Yer aw picking on the wrong player.

11. jamiebhoy67

I really went off Christie when he stopped celebrating goals and started having digs at the team and wanting away guy thinks he is pirlo ,Armstrong was and is miles better a couple of worldies a season doesn't make him good

12. DaBomber

The not celebrating goals is what really irks me the most, big goals too like the last minute winner at St Johnstone he just walks away and when Eddie scored in Prague he looked so disinterested he didn’t even go to celebrate with him.

The Phoenix likes this.
  13. MAP

I can confirm that he has beaten the linesman at every corner he has taken.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  14. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Noticed it at Motherwell too. If he doesn’t score he just turns away, especially the big goals there should be some automatic reaction from players of the team. Always see guys like Rogic clench their fist as soon as our goals go in regardless if he’s having a shocker or not.

The Dude, Gyp Rosetti and The Phoenix like this.
  15. Cringer67

His dad has already said he wants to to play in the prem. Can tell the two of them have got together and already made their minds up that he is miles better than Celtic. Screams to me like a player who wants to move to the Prem for 50k a week and sit on someone's bench. Probably looking at Mcburnie etc and wanting a slice. (That * has done us no favours btw- a sh!te player earning millions) I'm convinced he's one of the player Lennon is pointing the finger at when questioning commitment. Get rid.

eire4 and honda like this.
  16. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    his faithers a money grabber so it is inevitable that the * wants a bigger wedge...canna blame him mind you but if he is * stirring in the dressing room get the * oot asap

Cringer67 likes this.
  17. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    The problem is, he is a decent player. Not as good as he thinks he is but would help us significantly if a new manager could get the best out of the wee creep until the end of the season.

18. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Would agree he is a decent player. Not as good as he thinks he is......and never will be, bottom 6 EPL /Championship level or anywhere he can get more dosh

19. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

severe lack of management skills to play a player even if hes playing well on the field, if hes causing issues off it which can be seen and heard by his team mates

in saying that if he wont sign a new contract fine we cant make them, if hes playing well then play him but if hes causing unrest in the playing squad you have to cut the cancer out

it all points to unprofessionalism running through the club and its not the first time over the years, who the * says pete lawell is brilliant chief exec anyway, the sheer number of problems we seem to run into every 2 or 3 seasons with player revolts tells you the guys a fuckn *

20. Maestro 08

Our two top goals and assists contributers this season and most fans could take or leave the both of them. Certainly says something about where we are at.