1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I was thinking that way too but the murmurings of a positive Zoom call got the fire in my belly again and I tuned in.

wee green dug and Random Review like this.
  2. strike twice

How come , on Sunday night , I was able to read on twitter that Lennon had been sacked with immediate effect . It was on the Super scoreboard twitter account . I take it that's an official radio Radio Clyde twitter account , or was I hoodwinked by some bluffer ? Sorry if this subject has been discussed elsewhere on our forum .

3. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I must not be aware of something, and thus, I ask, out of genuine ignorance: why wouldn't they be welcomed?

4. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    It’s the way a feel aswell mate But it’s a catch 22 ,the less money the clubs got and the calibre players we would be signing would get even worse

5. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Absolutely nailed it

Sgt Neppers* and Sean Daleer like this.
  6. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Drink , and plenty of it apparently .

7. SuperZidane

Don't know about Parker but, as far as I recall, Lennon himself made the decision (or was heavily involved) to get rid of Thomson due to his behaviour off the pitch. Always welcome back in my view as a fan - brilliant player for us - but couldn't come back in a professional capacity after the way he left.

8. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    The fact is the league is far from over and we could easily still be in contention but the players have shown nothing all season.

Although there is all to play for in regards to the league I just can't see it with the performances from the start of the season. Sunday will be the test but I'm not optimistic.

If they play like we know they can then maybe he could do it as he has overturned bigger points gaps but that was with teams that had a bit of fight in them.

9. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    The longer Neil Lennon clings on the less sympathetic I get about his role. Its quite clear that he has no influence, well positive influence on this team.

Quadruple Treble to not far off winning * all.

10. alex_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys Of The Old Brigade
    In 07/08 we went out at got Hartley & Robson when Donati and a young Brown weren't working out. If we're going to turn this around, whoever the manager is, we need a couple of players in January like that who will play their hearts out without planning their move to the Premier League in the summer..

cat123 likes this.
  11. Mr. Slippyfist

You dirty grassing * :56::56::56::56::55:

Keano88, Crilly and Sean Daleer like this.
  12. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

:76:

markybhoy1976 likes this.
  13. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I miss Ronny Deila.

The Dude, Crilly and thailandceltic like this.
  14. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You want some anaw? Your * will be out of here quicker than it came back. :giggle1:

15. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Gotta be honest mate- I’ve gave up with the big tests ferencvaros was a big test- failed miserably- Huns at home was big test- failed miserably, Sparta twice failed miserably, Aberdeen away, hibs away obviously Sunday which wasn’t even a big test- Lennon to blame for a helluva lot but the players attitude s have been absolutely disgusting , would be annoying in any season but this of all season s has made it more of a nightmare, usually even at 1-0 at home to Ross county you’re not even worried but as soon as the penalty went in your genuinely thinking “ were going out “,

cat123 likes this.
  16. SuperZidane

I think PL pretty much said Lennon will be around until Christmas and maybe beyond if we win the cup.

Given that both our domestic fixtures until the cup final are at home (St J + Kilmarnock) - I don't think they'll do anything unless we lost both. European results will be ignored (if we lose).

If we win the Cup - they'll definitely stick with him especially as our next 3 domestic fixtures after that are against lower teams (2 at home) - then we play the Huns.

I expect the worst from the team under Lennon - I expect we'll drop points to at least 1 'lower" team. However, I think they'll do enough for the board to keep him in place until Jan.

If the Huns turn us over (a dead cert on current form) - the league is done.

My only consolation would be if we brought in a proper manager then with no pressure for the 10 and given time to turn this disaster around.

TBH - I think we'll blow the 10 and then go for a cheap option again.

Liam Fraser likes this.
  17. Mr. Slippyfist

If I were a mad gimp I’d report you for threatening behaviour, but I’m not so I think I’ll just kick your * in :58:

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You know where I am sweet cheeks. I’ll put the kettle on.

19. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Yes he could not take the club forward at that time because the team he built was sold player by key player and he did not have control over transfers at the time. He felt that was as far as he could go in taking Celtic at the time under the circumstances. When the club refused to give Samaras a new contract at the end of that season that was what precipitated the decision to resign at the time. But it had been coming given how players were being sold that were key to the team he built.

cat123 likes this.
  20. Mr. Slippyfist

So you can throw hot water at me? :56::56::56: