1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    You need to take this with the pinch of salt as I get loads of what’s apps from friends and family back home I live down south and rely on chat rooms like this and relatives back home for what’s happening to my beloved club they have been telling me for weeks that a lot of infighting has been happening and yesterday I got the what’s app below

“Well recently I got a lot saying that Lennon and Kennedy had a set too a few weeks ago and brown intervened on Lennon’s behalf, a lot of it was because Kennedy went behind Lennon’s back to Lawwell about strachan being the new coach Lennon wanted Tommy Johnson but Lawwlell Kia is he’d it after Kennedy spoke with him it came a few weeks ago and there was a big bust up over it they also said that Lennon tried to stop Duffy coming as he wasn’t good enough but again Kennedy went to Lawwell to make it happen”

From then on there is a big split between the players as to who’s side they are on and the animosity has spilled into training with splits arguing and even fisty cuffs between the groups of players.

Don’t know how much if any is true but I thought I’d share it

Breathnach67 likes this.
  2. JamesM09

I’m sure there is a lot going on behind the scenes. There always is at any football club.

When this is all over the rumours and stories will come out that will paint Lennon in a better light. I’m sure of it.

For me the bottom line though is Lennon is not a good enough manager. He has very little tactical knowledge, he’s seems to be lazy as a coach and he is out of date for the modern game.

In big games when he has the much better team and should win, he shites the bed an uses shitebag tactics. That’s got nothing to do with anyone else, players included.

He’s only comfortably being an underdog otherwise his nerves get the better of him. His players look nervous under him in big games.

There will be a lot of rewriting of history after this. It will be much easier to blame Edouard and Ajer than club legend Neil Lennon.

The reality is the stars aligned for Lennon in his first spell and he took advantage of Rodgers excellence last season. It has eroded along with our standards and fitness this season. He’s not a top-level manager and he has been found out.

markybhoy1976 and Breathnach67 like this.
  3. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Got sent that too. Load of * i reckon.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

4. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Sounds like a grand old time behind the scenes. There must be a kernel of truth to it, Lennon and Kennedy appear to actively avoid each other on the touch line.

5. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Whilst you can’t believe all of these things, equally you can’t just dismiss them all. Something is clearly rotten behind the scenes and a split in the changing room could very well have something to do with it.

6. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    They have perfomed for Lennon nearly only when we were underdogs. Like against Lazio. That's the only tactics Lennon can play. He just isn't Celtic class. He lucks the managing skills. That the board doesn't see that just tells you at how bad they're at their job and that they as well are at the wrong place with their lack of knowledge on football matters.

MagicBallBhoy and JamesM09 like this.
  7. limezer

I can’t believe the coaching team still have there posts, on top of that Lawwell should also be punted out the door.
    Treating the fans with utter contempt.

8. JamesM09

Lennon isn’t even gone yet and the stories to make it not his fault are already being made up.

Mark my words, it will be gospel on this forum in 3 years time that Lennon did nothing wrong and everyone else at Celtic was against him.

His * tactics, bizarre selection, digs at fans, mental press comments, the abysmal ‘pressing’ tactic he employed - all will be forgotten. It will be Kennedy that stabbed him in the back. Poor Neil had no chance.

When the truth isn’t convenient people will make up lies to protect their man.

Usually we’d turn to, ‘Never backed by the board in the window’, or ‘sold all his best players’. Those excuses for Lennon don’t exist, therefore made up lies it is.

The_Bhoy and The Phoenix like this.
  9. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    :rofl: The only mask I wear is a hygiene one because of covid you thick *. There are thousends supporters outside those 200 who protestet on Sunday. He is forced out by decent, pacifist people you muppet. I can only think what a miserable life this * has to live because his luck of the slightest ambition.

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Has to be a hun, surely.

11. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    As much as I wish this was true there’s no chance it is, away to a top class team in a competition we’re already out of? It’s an exhibition match and the result changes nothing. He’ll only be fired if we drop points in the league again, so the probability is he’ll make it to Sunday.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  12. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    This faux outrage Helen Lovejoy routine about the 'violence' is as disingenuous as it is pitiful.

The same apologists for mediocrity were whinging about a mere banner outside the stadium last week. For these sycophants there are no forms of legitimate protest ever.

oh bhoy and JamesM09 like this.
  13. Andybhoy93

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    How the * are AC Milan only 2/5

14. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Fair enough.
    I just can’t see how it is in anybody’s interest for Lennon to stay on.
    If he is going to be paid what he’s due then I agree- he should walk away.

15. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    If carlsberg did celtic scenarios

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Andybhoy93 and DEADEYECFC like this.
  16. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    You are all forgetting we need someone to replace Neil Lennon :56:.

Or are you's all happy with Kennedy and Strachan taking over short term!

Although I want Neil replaced ,I honestly don't think some of them disgruntled * of players will play for any manager who comes in.

Hopefully they will be off-loaded in January...with replacements being looked at now...that looks how it's going this season and is probably the most sensible option.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  17. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    I reckon the Milan result wont matter unless we get hammered.
    My worry is that we scrape wins in the league and win the cup playing the same underwhelming football weve played all season and when we come up against rangers we get found out again and are on the end of a thumping. I want to know what happens in that scenario, does he get sacked then or will he be kept on because we edged out a few wins against lesser teams?
    Obviously either way in that scenario the league will be out of reach and that will be solely the boards fault.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  18. Real Tim

There are some amount of rockets on this forum Lennon is what he is a limited manager but also a legend and before anyone says he’s no a legend he played in one of the best Celtic sides since the lions won trophies as a player and a manager how many other * can say that. To say he should just quit and walk away for the good of the club would him effectively admitting he is * at his job and can’t do anything about it. Whether it’s true or not what man do you know that would admit that to themselves especially when he has a track record of turning things around like last year. The club should do the right thing pay him his money due on the contract and let him walk away with a bit of dignity. For me that fat parasite lawwell is to blame and the sooner he gets to * the better which is apparently the end of the season.

Andybhoy93 and Sonic Reducer like this.
  19. Pearse67*

received the same one lol

20. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Don’t know where I fall in the spectrum then because I was all for the banner and the protest.

But trying to get at players cars is stupid as * and is symptomatic of folk looking to act the maggot. Not sure how that helps 10IAR, and so it has transpired as it’s led to a Desmond ego response to keep Lennon.

What a * mess it’s became.

Real Tim likes this.