1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

The players and Lenny are lucky there's no fans in the stadium, we would not be in this position if there had been.

2. FRUNTRUNNER

3. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

So that’s McAvennie joining the line of soup taking scabby wee *

4. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

If they thought the scenes on Sunday weren’t nice wait till they see it on Sunday.

It will be absolute mayhem next time we drop points! And rightly so. They deserve every single pelter coming their way.

This is such a historic season in our history. I believe we are still well in this title race but they have to act now and make a change before it is definitely too late. This should have been done well before now though.

Their stubbornness and unwillingness to listen to the fans is only going to shoot themselves in the foot. I just can’t get my head around why they would persist with the failings of missing out on the Champions League constantly, getting beat by inferior teams with nothing like the infrastructure and finances we have available and now we look way of it domestically which has been our one constant despite the European failings over the years. Look at the millions we have lost out on because of this. What is going on? Celtic Football Club is a business at the end of the day and they are watching the club crumble in every department at the moment but they are refusing to act because of their own self importance!

Football without the fans is nothing but they are completely disrespecting every single one of us. We have supported the club through this pandemic where many of us have lost our jobs, been on furlough on reduced salaries and have still ploughed our money into the club buying season tickets when we knew there was a strong chance we wouldn’t be able to get in Celtic Park to support the team. Don’t forget buying the brand new Adidas kits and training gear as well!

Despite them backing Lennon with signings this summer and keeping hold of our “best players” it’s through their own negligence that finds us in this position. Imposing coaches on managers that come in is never going to work. We have thrown millions at players that don’t get a chance (whether this be they are simply not good enough but a lot of the time it’s because they don’t get a chance).

Take Soro for example, it’s clear he has something about him. Why not give him a run of games to see what he can do? We paid £2 million for him plus whatever we are paying him a week in wages. This is not a dig at Soro by any means, I’m just pointing out that we don’t use the finances at our disposal to our benefit. I just find Soro to be a good example as we don’t need to play Brown every game but we continue to do so. The £2 million fee + wages for Soro alone would have gone a long way towards getting us a good manager and coaching staff. Never mind the other millions wasted on other players (too many to name). The Manager and coaching staff is a position that has to be invested in and is one of the most important positions in the football club. Obviously you need investment from above for players etc but a good manager and coaching staff will be able to improve players and get results. We are just stockpiling players and have done for some time. We need to learn to employ the best possible Manager and coaching staff we can! Just when you think we have turned a corner with getting the rat in we have thrown away every positive.

Hope that every single one of you that can be at Celtic Park continue to do so and make yourselves heard for those of us like myself who can’t be there.

xDanCFCx, Crilly, Dalbeth3 and 2 others like this.
  5. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Mcavennie has always been a soup taker.

6. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    That’s genuinely not a ridiculous thought.

7. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It makes this collapse almost unexplainable. They had performed for Lennon, and performed well.

It might be that they crumble and die without fans?

joemc and The_Bhoy like this.
  8. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    As ludicrous as it sounds it wouldn't surprise me.. pretty embarrassing for Lawwell ta have a sacked manager on all the crimbo gear:56:Imagine the cost to redo it all, Lawwell having a Christmas nightmare thinking about it...

NakamuraTastic and Breathnach67 like this.
  9. FRUNTRUNNER

You call yourself the best supporter in the world you must have lost the plot
    you advocate to take 99% of fans away so the ship sinks, you must get out more son .

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He’s just a complete weapon of a guy. Always has been.

Sort of * you’d hate to be around for longer than a minute.

11. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Griff and eddy are gonna form a lethal partnership forster will return and well be able to remake the larsson is rocky video with him walkimg into paradise bang 10iar some gear im on

12. JamesM09

I don’t think we ever great under Lennon during his second spell. The cracks were always there. It’s been a steady decline since he got the job.

I just hoped he would get us over the line domestically to the 10 before it fell apart, but the pandemic has probably accelerated the decline.

Neil Lennon is not the level of manager that should be at Celtic. We’ve had Lawwell so long that we’re conditioned to think that’s a ‘good’ standard.

13. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Reckon this is gonna be like avengers endgame petes went through time and knows lenny has to be the man to deliver the 10 * me im logging out im delerious

Rendog likes this.
  14. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    [​IMG]

The_Bhoy, Crilly, Rendog and 2 others like this.
  15. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Hahaha my man!! How sweet wpuld it be though counyed out by everyone even your own support huns think they have it only tp rip it away

16. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I've thought this too. That without fans they just aren't the same players.

Either that or there has been a major breakdown in the dressing room.

I don't think they are necessarily not playing for NL but there is definitely unrest of some sort

I think that if this unrest has nothing to do with NL it would be very hard for PL and DD to sack him. This might be why he's still at the club.

There is a lot of drama that we don't find out about but we can only go on what we see.

17. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    The daily record , fur * sake if your gonna quote them ,you will get more truth from the Dandy

Random Review and Breathnach67 like this.
  18. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Maybe. Knowing PL and DD- they are not nice guys. If it's not due to Lennon, then it's players wanting new contracts. The board love keeping money in the bank.

cat123 likes this.
  19. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Piece of nonsense from top to bottom.

20. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Surely Lawwell (given he was apparently the only one to vote in favour of keeping Lenny in that supposed board meeting) will just use Milan as a “Last chance saloon” knowing full well we are gonna be put to the slaughter over there and will use that as adequate grounds to relieve Lenny of his duties on Friday morn. That said, I wouldn’t be at all surprised to hear Lenny come out on Friday morning saying “we’ve had positive discussions over Zoom, no one wants to get beaten 9-0 home or away and we are in a bad moment right now, but having spoken to Peter and Dermot, we know what we need to work on to improve.”