1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Board

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Oct 26, 2020.

Discuss The Board in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yeah, they've * it.

The players are not on board and the fans are not on board.

It's literally three men holed up in an office counting money and hoping the temporary barracade holds long enough for them to make enough cash.

Theyve * it

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Artorias and Garrymac1888 like this.
  2. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    How many STH on this site are willing to risk their Season tickets and possible banning by the club by demanding their ST money back.

3. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I wouldn't do that to be fair, I entered into a transaction and as disillusioned as I am that cash is gone. If others do fair play to them.

Renewal time for me, ....not one thin dime.

Seán Mac D, Artorias and Peej like this.
  4. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Some are saying that the players want manager gone.
    If thats true now with Desmonds decision to stick 2 fingers up to the supporters its the players that are the only ones that can change it.
    Best/worst way to do this is against Milan by doing an AS Adema.
    That was the team that were given the ball by opposition players as a protest and were allowed to score 149 goals in one match.

Peej likes this.
  5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I can't imagine there's any legal recourse to get any money back that's been paid on this year's season books; we're getting what we paid for from a legal standpoint (a stream to watch any games BCD)

Rather than wasting time and money pursuing that I think it would be far more useful to start mobilising as a collective for next year's season tickets, renewals, merch etc.

This is now bigger than the League this season and 10 in a row; this is about winning our club back.

If the board won't listen to fans in the stands, at AGMs, online or protesting outside then it's time to take action that they cannot ignore.

Without your financial support they can't do anything. It's time to hold them to account.

6. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
  7. Buster

So Duffy is a certainty to start then?

JML67 and Drakhan like this.
  8. Henke102

Quite obvious what the board thinks of the average fan, just not been hiding it as well in the past few days. What annoys me about the board, they chuck about the PLC mantra, and how they have to run it in a way that is financially stable, and ran efficiently, etc.

Then the main business function which has an effect on income(results on the park), they are operating this with emotional decisions, not rational ones. DD and PL wanting to get one up the fans in a power move, by not sacking the manager. Also using the excuses of fans being self-entitled down to the record we have when it was mainly created by the previous more expensive and more successful manager is not helping their case.

Really just hope to * they have approached a management team who are doing the hours analysing it, and the development yesterday is just a move to buy them time. Will they surprise us, do a gut out, and swap in with a competent management team in the immediate future? highly doubtful.

9. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I don't think they fully understand just how angry and disillusioned the support is. They are in danger of loosing the lifeblood of the club and, like the Kelly dynasty, won't be remembered fondly

Artorias likes this.
  10. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Oh I think that they know alright. They're wealthy and arrogant with it. There's a sense of their own self importance and we're beneath them.

11. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    There is also a narrative that Celtic fans are spoiled. Of course we expect a good quality product with the money it costs to support the team.

Garrymac1888, DonnyCelt and Peej like this.
  12. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    ALL of those who bought virtual season books should contact the club asking about cancellation and refunds

( Dont actually need to follow through with it, just let them see that the fans can still take action and mobilize without protests )

The Board only care about finances, that much is clear, so if people want to rattle their cage then I would suggest just asking about refunds, cancelling virtual books.

13. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    i urge everyone to do this and also to claim their refunds for last season if they haven’t.
    I have 5 season tickets and left the money with the club in goodwill, but that goodwill has evaporated with the contempt they’ve shown us.

It takes a two minute email.

tickets@celticfc.co.uk
    jptaylor@celticfc.co.uk

This is one of very few ways at the moment to vent your unhappiness at the situation.

14. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    The board know people cancelling their ST is a no go, supporters with their seat for decades are not going to risk that playing bluff with the Celtic money men, considering how long the ST list is. * have the fans over a barrel as per usual, like Antz just said refunds on last years books is the only viable way to hit them where it hurts, that’s the only reason they’ll listen, when it dents their wallets.

bkk bhoy likes this.
  15. Henke102

Aye, get so * off with it all at points and I say I will get rid of the ticket, then realise once its gone it is gone. I cashed the cheque for the refund last week, wasn't planning on doing it, but guess it my way of a small gesture in protest.

Antz1888 and Noskeil like this.
  16. CountyDownFaithful

Agreed - this is where we can hurt them.

The question is how do we get people to do this collectively? People let the fear of losing their ST override their want for change.

Would be good to see organisations like the Affiliation and Supporters Association come out and release a statement. It's got to a point now where 99% of supporters want change.

17. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    you only need to brush past a copper for them to claim injury, huge money involved you see? for getting injured in the line of duty.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    I’ve had a response from the ticket office and they are sending out the refund forms for season 19/20.

As above, anyone this is available to should do so, and you should let them know why.

20. CountyDownFaithful

Can you still claim the refund? I didn't at the time but I will now, if possible.

JamesM09, Bobo_ and Antz1888 like this.