1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. joemc

The team have to remember to enjoy playing football ,yeh its a job and paid well for it but they should love it ,the pressures have stopped the enjoyment ,i honestly believe we have to stop overthinking and over playing ,play their normal game and it will come good .

MagicBallBhoy and cat123 like this.
  2. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Well said :50:

3. The Dude

This.

4. TransferBhoy

Lawwell is retiring in summer so at least there will be changes at Boardroom level.

What angers me is the club using the fans as a scapegoat for having no plan in place to replace Lennon.

If you want change we need to act and another protest on Sunday. Peaceful and as socially distant as possible. It’s time to act before it’s too late and the 10 is gone.

5. joemc

Let's just rip the club apart , honestly we have lost our * and our bottle and by we ,I mean fans .
    We are like weans crying to be given wot we want ,some drama ,the excitement of change ,new players this is all just dressing up ,the real issues are player mentality and not being able to take criticism for the first real time in many years , the pressure not to lose is making every decision on the field an inquest, we need to get back to basics and match the hunger to win ,battle for the win and things will turn around .

Big C likes this.
  6. The Dude

It is far more likely, in my opinion, that the board has failed to conduct a search for managerial candidates, as it did when it appointed Lennon.

Most managers outside of the top four or five leagues would jump at the chance to manage Celtic.

The Phoenix and TransferBhoy like this.
  7. TransferBhoy

That’s the exact reason. Again showing how inept the Board actually are.

There should be an investigation into the governance.

littlekennie likes this.
  8. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

totally out of touch and virtue signalling in the process, its clear all these * are only interested in how things look through the eyes of authority and msm and love nothing better than to stick it to the ordinary fan

how is it your gonna sack someone, then miraculously decide not to because the ordinary fans decided to protest and it got heated after 5 months of absolute horseshit on the field of play

they will sack him sooner than later if they can get him to leave without his contractual dues

i just cant understand this mickey mouse holding things up just so they can weasle their way out of paying the due rate of money for things it is abysmal that happens at our club, really puts our club in a bad light, over the last few years this penny pinching has done a lot of damage to the club

9. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Not being confrontational, but I have to correct an earlier post.

Neil was in charge of the team that was 15 points behind old Dead Cheats FC in October of that season and we had turned that deficit around to then lead the league by the end of the year.

We won the league on merit and were in front when they went into administration and were well on course to win the league. The cheats then died. It’s not Lenny’s fault that the so called “competition” from an entity playing at Ibrox were not there to subsequently thrash anyway.

Don’t let the trash media convince you otherwise.

johnboy19, cat123, bkk bhoy and 2 others like this.
  10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Worse than failing to conduct a search last time, they actively took a decision not to check out the candidates that came forward to.us.

Hammy89, The Dude and Slaw like this.
  11. JamesM09

Withhold your season ticket money until there’s serious change.

Anyone who doesn’t is culpable.

12. Lewis Kerr

For the first time in my life I won't be watching anymore Celtic games until he is gone. Can't believe it has come to this.

Disgusted doesn't even come close to what I feel about the club right now.

thailandceltic, JamesM09 and Peej like this.
  13. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Lenny's WIN Ratio over the last 2 months is TWENTY PERCENT.. 20% offs

And, it's going to drop lower than that because I just cannot see us beating Milan in two days time.

Any Celtic manager who has a win rate of less than 50% over two months deserved sacked never mind 20%.

Lenny's past service might count for something but surely when he hit 33% it was time to pull the plug

Peej, blackfish and Hammy89 like this.
  14. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I would love to work somewhere where I've proven time and again that I'm not capable of the job, but still have full backing from my employers.

Lennon, you're an inspiration.

15. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It's unbelievable what has happened. See if you look at his percentage for the season and a half before this, it's up there with anyone's! To go from one of the best in our history to 20% so quickly just does not fit at all with the narrative that Lenny is a bad coach or tactically inept. Something has clearly happened behind the scenes.

Now I'm not arguing that he doesn't have to go, clearly he does and whatever has happened may or may not be his fault*, but since it happened under his watch, it's clearly his responsibility, regardless of whose fault it is. The buck stops with him and time's up.

But I can fully understand why he believes he can turn it around, I can totally understand why he's in shock and not thinking straight and there's no basis for surmising that he's holding out for a payoff. I personally feel sure that he's convinced he can fix this. Rodgers may have fooled me for 2 years, but it's unlikely Lenny has been fooling me for 2 decades. He has to go now, but I will miss him and he doesn't deserve any disrespect IMHO. Or at least, there's currently nowhere near enough evidence to say he deserves it.

* TBH and much though I love Lenny, the similarity with how it ended at Hibs suggests it might be his fault. I hate to say it, but the similarities are pretty glaring. I guess we'll only know for sure after it's over.

bkk bhoy, Artorias and Xatraps like this.
  16. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Always felt that from Lawwell was hyperbole. A jolly soundbyte to try emphasize how Lennon was really their preferred option all along.

Having trouble wading through all the opinions on forums, social media & personal chats and deciding exactly how I feel myself about all this. I actually felt physically sick when that Ross County 2nd went in.

There is no run of easy games now. In fact this view being bandied about by a lot of fans before the Ross County game was infuriating me. The way were are playing nothing is a given.
    Players need to take some responsibility from here. If Lennon has actually really got the DD seal of approval, they're going to have to knuckle down and stop feeling sorry for themselves.
    I dont see that happening tho. If anything, its gonna get worse imo.
    A new manager when appointed has a helluva task ahead of them. As things stand, my faith in someone with the ability to do this (the 10) being appointed by this board is so low, keeping Lennon there probably makes no * difference.

17. Sgt Neppers*

So today confirms it. The board are backing Lennon. He's here for the foreseeable future. Lennons fate to me, was sealed weeks ago. Today they sealed their own. It marks an all time low in the history of this club. This is gonna get ugly really quickly. And its all down to the cowardly actions of the board and Lennon himself. A civil war in the year of the ten. There is no level they won't stoop to to protect themselves, their power and pockets. Shower of *.

Peej and johnboy19 like this.
  18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Possibly, if it was then there's better ways to say it without implying you were negligent.

I was thought the 'easy run' patter was a total misnomer. There's no easy games when you have no team shape, no fight,.no appetite to turn things round.

Every team we've played has given us a game this season. Even 'easier' games on paper like Livingston at home ended up a nervy ending.

I made a decision several weeks ago to accept the worst this season and hope for the best, nothing I've seen in the last few weeks has suggested I was wrong to do that.

There's no road to redemption here for Lennon, rightly or wrongly the players have chucked it under him and if we stick with him til the end of the year then we'll fall further behind in the title race and the Scottish Cup Final is far from a certainty.

The whole club needs gutted. From the under-performing manager and his coaches, to the incompetent board and the non-trying players. Chase them all.

If it costs us silverware this season but puts us in a better position going forward then I'm all for it.

19. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    As well as showing utter disdain for the fans, the board have left Lenny in an impossible situation.
    He knows the fans don’t want him and it’s obvious the players don’t want him either.
    Instead of doing the right thing and relieving him of his duties they are sending him to the San Siro to be humiliated further.
    All to prove a petty point to a few fans who might have stepped out of line.
    Pathetic.

20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

They’ve got their season ticket money and individual tickets, concessions, bums on seats don’t matter.

* them.