1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Board Statement

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mystic Penguin, Nov 29, 2020.

Discuss Board Statement in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Bit harsh that. Big Rod and Freddie Mercury were good pal's..

2. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

just found out hes a english *, all the year i thought he was scottish aswell until the other days interview with dermot oleary haha

3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

If there's any truth in the Record or Mail stories that Desmond is giving Lennon a chance because of the fans protest then it shows you just how out of touch they are.

Not taking decisions based on results or data but simply doing it to spite 200 fans who were fed up of the dug * football and excuses we're being served.

At least the protest triggered a response in Desmond and Pedro that all other forms of critiquing: Social Media, phone-ins, banner at Parkhead, Forums - failed to do. So in that sense they've vindicated the fans decision to do it.

We will not be silenced. We will not be ignored. The supporters will have our club back long after you have all pitched up and left.

packybhoy, Peej, neilly1987 and 8 others like this.
  4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    The whole lot needs * off now! Absolutely shocking that Lennon is still in a job and they are backing him!

-Edit the 10 is now 100% gone now. May as well give them zombie * the trophy now.

* sick

5. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    All this is going to do is cause bigger protests and turn the aim on themselves.

It says it all when they can’t even give their own quotes or make their own statement, a bunch of arrogant, out of touch cowards who seem determined to drive a wedge between the club and the fans.

neilly1987 likes this.
  6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Wonder if desmond will be influenced by the fans if we refused to * continually fund the club. Bet he would then.

If one thing that's came out of all this, it's that they dont really give a toss about our opinion. Or anything really.

Maybe if the * reared his head more than 5 times in a decade hed be more in touch with what the * is going on.

Scunnered. Positive zoom calls by christ!

neilly1987 likes this.
  7. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The Board Statement was a bit long winded, it should have been kept much shorter.

GIRFUY from Lenny, Pete & DD

Mystic Penguin likes this.
  8. Trequartista

The board’s statement on Sunday’s protest and what followed was a clever move to be honest. The fan base is split between those who agree with the protest albeit maybe not the issues with the police etc, and those who think it’s embarrassing, disgusting, etc. They’ve pitted us against each other which then deflects from their own gross negligence. Divide and conquer, oldest trick in the book.

The line regarding missiles is total fabrication. Even if it was true, where was the same outcry when our players were attacked and assaulted in opposition grounds? Silence as per.

Today, on the other hand, is a different story. I know the Record isn’t a bastion of truth and honesty but the narrative they ran with today regarding Desmond doubling down on his support for Lennon after Sunday is a massive own goal and only added fuel to the fire as well hardening the resolve of those who are willing to protest. It’s probably smoke and mirrors to gloss over the other reasons they haven’t gotten rid of Lennon yet but they’ve made a right * of it.

The sooner we have a clear out at the club beginning with the self-serving, egotistical charlatans at the club, the better.

9. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I'm totally * off with everything now. They can only take supporters so far before they will have no supporters to plough their hard earned cash into the club left and therefore no business

10. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    This from the board " Entitled fans " they were talking about that * Rod , weren't they ?

11. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Seen a few folk saying the only way these * in charge will notice is if folk stop putting their money into the club. Just wondering if anyone else has already done this or will be?
    I'm not buying any Celtic stuff for Christmas presents like I normally would and I'm seriously considering not renewing for next season.

12. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I reckon it will start with the "smaller" things like Christmas presents etc. however, it this continues I can honestly see many supporters not renewing season tickets. I seen someone on FB saying that he was considering not renewing and he was given all sort of abuse from fellow fans saying he was spoiled etc.

neilly1987 likes this.
  13. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    Facebook is the worst place to voice anything, it’s full of Celtic Da’s who have barely attended a game in their life.

SwissCelt and neilly1987 like this.
  14. The Dude

I have been a season-ticket holder for over a decade, and I am seriously considering whether I will renew my season ticket next season, not because I am spoiled, but because I expect supporters who essentially donated millions of pounds to the club this season to be treated with the respect that they deserve.

neilly1987, Wee Baldy and Peej like this.
  15. The Dude

The board know that Celtic is an addiction for most of us, and that we can go nowhere else to get our fix, and they are only too happy to exploit that.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    Rydo1888*, neilly1987 and blackfish like this.
  16. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Yes, the ones
    Even they must see what's happening to our club. We slag off the huns for being like sheep and letting all sorts of shysters take over their club and not saying anything yet, here we are with a bunch of charlatans on the board not giving a * about the fans and still getting away with murder.

neilly1987 likes this.
  17. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I don't know any that have that opinion. If I did I would call them arseholes as there was no riot.

JamesM09 likes this.
  18. Aidan O’Shea

@Deebo is one on here that shares the ‘riot’ view.

19. Markybhoy

Anyone who thinks Sunday was a riot has never been in a riot. Based on the footage I have seen anyway.

20. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Oh dear. Guess my definition and perception of a riot isn't the same as some others then. I saw some exuberant people, dissatisfied people, noisy people, a couple of rockets thrown in too, but a riot!...* sake gie ma head peace.

buchanbhoy and Aidan O’Shea like this.