1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Board

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Oct 26, 2020.

Discuss The Board in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Tomas

They've had our money this year, I assume they have a plan to be without a lot of it next year. Treating us with contempt will backfire.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Still waiting for them to call out those that slandered us for the supposed Dens Park riots..

It was only 8 year ago to be fair.......

Seán Mac D and James like this.
  3. Andybhoy93

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    This board better get to * and DD can get to * as well, bunch of finger pointing fat greedy *

Rydo1888*, Fully87, DonnyCelt and 3 others like this.
  4. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    If what’s reported in the rags is true these greedy * have massively misjudged this situation. Lennons arrogance, the boards frugalness and contempt for the fans, our club is so toxic right now, but how does it change?

DD blaming fans for protesting, the police making up stories to make themselves look like the victims, where in fact the heavy handed approach to the situation was shocking, Lennon sitting on the iron throne thinking he’s bigger than the club and board members voting against each other. Tory * need to * off back to Westminster and get the * out of our club if they want to act like that.

Unless DD pulls a rabbit out his * he can * off too, cares more about Man U anyway we’re just his * cash cow because he’s given * all back to us, just take * take.

5. CountyDownFaithful

It's 'Us versus Them' now.

6. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Maybe there should be a protest every night until things change and I can’t believe the BS over the violent protests , the club really are treating the paying public like * .
    Remember this when it comes to buying merchandising and renewing season tickets .

Peej likes this.
  7. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Strip it all away and it is the board making a major business decision purely out of spite. It is an utter riddy and stupid as *.

Peej likes this.
  8. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    If shaking fences and shouting swear words is deemed ‘violent’ these days, the outlook for future generations is bleak.

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    This is it, they are either doing this to teach fans a lesson, or are that far removed from reality they actually think we are stupid enough to keep feeding these * our money
    Unfortunately some will always (and fair enough, it's your club I get it), but for me it all stops.

There is one way to influence it and that's if every supporter just stops putting money in.
    Watch them as they suddenly realise there is no income. Then they'll do as we request. Or better yet * off out our club.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Should be.
    Get banners at least tied to the front door every day and at lennoxtown.

When the gates open again for fans, refuse to go.

Return any orders from the store that can be returned.

No one buy a single thing again.

Season ticket renewals refuse to renew.

* them.

The board is absolutely rotten.

Their response to fans voicing their feelings is to try and spite us, * that
    They forget who this club is made by, they forget who * lines their pockets.

Short memories if they don't think what happened 26 years ago will happen again to then now

Fully87, Artorias and scuzzy like this.
  11. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I have never felt more apathetic towards Celtic than I do today. * the board.

12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

That was laughable hearing the media try to talk that up as if it was a war scene.

One guy sneaked a tinny in and another missed the urinal in the bogs.

McChiellini.., Fully87 and Artorias like this.
  13. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    I would urge anyone who didn’t take up their refund last year, I didn’t for 5 season books, to email the ticket office asking for their refund.

I have also asked them about cancelling my current season books.

This is an absolutely disgrace, they cannot treat the fans with such contempt, the fans are the biggest source of revenue and the only thing they know is money.

No one should be buying any Celtic stuff from the club shop either, it’s the only way they will take us seriously.

Trying to blame a few Fences being kicked about for keeping him in a job, on the worst run in 70 years is an absolute disgrace.

14. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    A big thing to take away here aswell is, if they had sacked him immediately after the game then it would have saved the "violent scenes". It would have been the right thing to do and totally justified.

Peej likes this.
  15. Dip 'n' Swerve

It is terrible and frustrating to see the deflection from the board - on Sunday it was rage. I would say if no one turned up at the stadium Lennon would be out of a job now, I do think at present conversations are being rustled up about incoming managers (and not a short term fix). If fans wanted to voice their concerns on Sunday outside the stadium in a covid-free environment then one leader would have been required to handle the crowd lead chants and steer the crowd from some type of platform or stage. It was always going to be difficult to control the situation and it only takes one clampit before the rest will follow and get excited and do something brash. Personally it made the fans look like a pack of animals - some difference from Seville times.

In an ideal world the fans could have slept on it and turned up at a set time for a socially distanced display this would have been better viewed across the region and globe.

What is done is done - the board wont cave in now and this has saved lennon for a few weeks yet - if celtic turn the corner and go on a solid run in the league and beat rangers (and they draw a few games) these will be the same fans jumping for joy.

I would say anyone cleaning the ground on Monday morning would have collected a fair few 1/4 bottles n buckast

Lennon's time is up - id say he has been told in 3 games he is gone and allow him to try and win the last few games - next up milan :-0

The board have supported the team - it is terrible player recruitment and shocking tactics / coaching that has ruined this team. Put men on the post from corners ffs, lennon said on sunday he is using things taught to him under MON days, jesus christ can he not think for himself. it clearly shows lennon cannot keep modern and fresh in his coaching style and set ups. he has no plan b or plan c. Prob still using Rodgers training ground drills and regimes. The players need someone fresh to spark life into the team, exciting ideas, energy, on the training ground everyday - Rodgers brought that into the team in his first year. terrible to say that hayes and Gordon should still be starting in this team in the 10th year if they were here lol fs. this team has so much deadwood and players who have been flogged fs - take at least 2/3 years to get another solid team together.

Wise up!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    100%
    Should have been done weeks earlier as well, but 100%

They are sticking two fingers up to the fans and painting a narrative that sees them as the good guys in all of this.

They are all long overdue being ousted from the club.

I've a lot of passion and anger right now, but I ain't got an ounce of ability to organise anything. I just hope others out there can.

Something needs done, daily if possible.

Artorias likes this.
  17. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Nothing will be done unless the STHs demand their money back.
    If it takes the fans suing the club then so be it.

Slaw and Peej like this.
  18. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

One simple point....they have misjudged the mood of the fan base horrendously wrong.

When a business doesn't properly gauge the mood and market of their customers the writing is on the wall.

I'm sure I'm one of thousands who (at this moment in time) will vote with their wallets come renewal time, as much as it will break my heart.

Rydo1888*, Noskeil, Slaw and 4 others like this.
  19. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The video I saw, there is only one fan who can be construed as violent: he threw a fence at a cop van. The rest of them did absolutely nothing wrong. This just was after one cop started pushing people (we can argue about whether the cop was justified or not) and just before another cop twice offers a square go to a couple of fans (which definitely isn't).

At absolute best, they could argue that is six of one and half a dozen of the other (one fan and one cop each behaving violently).

Peej and James like this.
  20. DonnyCelt

I know I'm only one person and won't make a blind bit of difference, but the club are not getting another penny from me until there is change. * them.

Connolly08 likes this.