1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Board Statement

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mystic Penguin, Nov 29, 2020.

Discuss Board Statement in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. davidhannah

Ach Aye, its certainly the winter of discontent! A global pandemic. Social unrest! Grown men kicking down barriers at police officers, a board of Tory * and a club legend under the cosh. Who ever said its only a game ah fitba? Hail Hail! Keep the Faith, we can still win the ten!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    Ewang83 and cat123 like this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Thing is we will inevitably keep our hands in our pockets this Christmas now but these * will just blame COVID

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

a few fans shouting some sweary words and chanting neil lennon out and some shouting at players in their cars and its called a riot

ffs we really in the hyperbole hyper realistic internet age

by tommorow it will be made to look by the papers the tv and government like world war 3 was going on outside celtic park

ffs

the board have been higly negligent if there had been fans in the stadium this would have been done and dusted a month or so ago and if the CULTURE AND TRAINING has been bad the board should have known all about it and yet they still done nothing

and thirdly how come we dont have a players lounge already ?

we are a £100m pound club with multi million pound players and other staff have a high class training complex but no * players lounge ffs

and the psycologist is another one lennon said the other week we got one in to have a word with the players, why the * dont we have one full time ?

really this board room every now and then bring us up to the levels we should be at and then allow us to gradually become an * joke it happend every 5 or so years

The_Bhoy, jude 67, Ewang83 and 3 others like this.
  5. JamesM09

Statement is appalling IMO. Timing and wording both shocking, with one saving grace being they mention ‘small’ number of fans - seems they remembered at the last minute who really keeps the * heating on while they’re sitting there bashing the keyboard.

These * ought to remember they’re all * replaceable.

No fan should be putting money into the club until serious change is made. Keep it in a jar and when these * get desperate and either leave or sort the problems then we can spend again.

The utter contempt for this support is unreal.

kristof and neilly1987 like this.
  6. JamesM09

The problem the Celtic board have is the rat showed us how much better this club can be. He blew away the notion we had to be a mediocre club conceding titles to Huns every other year and losing domestic cups to Ross county.

The genie is out of the bottle. They can rattle on about 12 trophies or whatever all they want.

We as a support have a responsibility to completely reject mediocrity at this club or we will be back to 2010 in a heartbeat.

Don’t let any * make you feel stupid for demanding excellence, because there’s a good chance they’re just trying to line their own pocket or make their own life easier.

jude 67, honda, Twisty and 8 others like this.
  7. Maddie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bobby Petta... he was shite now he's betta
    Disappointment Celtic... how about you talk to those that invested in a season ticket not knowing if this pandemic will leave them with a job next year. Or the money supporters spend on strips, memorabillia and that's not to mention Europe and travelling when allowed. Supporters that have invested in a season knowing they probably won't see the team they love and support play in front of them. £500/£600 may not seem a lot to you but it sure as * is to a lot of folk.

How about you respect those that keep you in a comfy position before you start with the condescending behaviour!

Jeannie960, Twisty, Rydo1888* and 3 others like this.
  8. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

I've already slated the statement but I'm still raging. Basically reads "Begone peasant scum and not another peep from you until we want you to buy a DVD or renew your season ticket."

9. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Won't get me anywhere, but I'm gonna email them tomorrow to moan about the statement and how I feel as a fan who renewed for their * stream service during all this uncertainty, it might no be up there with flinging fences at polis motors but it's something. It's really * * me off, on top of the whole Lennon and team being * stuff.

10. JamesM09

You can imagine some smug * sniggering as he wrote it. Some jobs-for-the-boys yes man that thinks he’s the business because he works for an *, mediocre executive branch of a football club.

* would get a shock if we forced Lawwell out and he found himself on the bread line with the rest of us peasants.

neilly1987 likes this.
  11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    That's the thing, some folk moaning that the protest is uncalled for.
    Had we been in the stands you can * be assured twice as many folk would have stayed back after the Prague game and done exactly what we seen tonight.
    And it would be justified.

This happens. It's happened before, fans get * off, they make a stance and chant some Nasty words to get a point across.

Way some react to this, you'd think the only way forward is a politely worded hand written letter.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

jude 67, MagicBallBhoy and JamesM09 like this.
  12. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

The board and their out of touchness remind me of that Simpsons episode when Smithers tells Mr Burns the people weren't booing him, they were chanting boo-urns

13. JamesM09

What are they chanting? Open that window!

“LENNON LENNON GET TO FU..” window slams shut.

They’re chanting Lennon’s name. They’re clearly showing support for him.

Excellent, tell Neil he’s keeping his job!

neilly1987 likes this.
  14. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    "Best Supporters" is birthday card pish, we paid good money for our season tickets if fans want to protest they have every right to.

honda, JamesM09 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  15. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Actual.

16. john2061

Well Celtic fans that tells you everything I said about these Tory *'s within our club they are destroying it within .
    The writing has been on the wall for Lennon for weeks but these true blue Tory *'s are quite happy see our club get humiliated in Europe and now beat by a Ross county team .
    We the supporters have the power to remove these people who are not Celtic men and have never have been and by keeping Lennon in a job it's goodbye to the ten and these people are quite happy see us being second best on the pitch .
    It will take organisation and coming together of supporters to remove these people and get real Celtic men running our club as we never accept second best .

17. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    If any footballs were thrown at Barkas then that's shocking. Terrible to do that to someone who has no way to defend themselves.

littlekennie likes this.
  18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

The board need to take their share of the blame for the disorder last night, they have been negligent in not acting much sooner and if they had done their jobs properly Lenny would have been dismissed after the first Prague game, even before or not appointed in the first instance!

buchanbhoy and Jeannie960 like this.
  19. Gully Sands

Fav Celtic Song:
    SAM song
    I think I slightly prefer huns to these Uncle Tim * that do nothing but criticise Celtic fans.

20. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Need to stand firm against these parasites on the board. Too long has winning papered over the cracks of their mismanagement.

buchanbhoy and Gully Sands like this.