1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Benítez would get the defence sorted out and provide a bit of shape to the team. If he couldn't do it, nobody could. Would win the tactical battle against Rangers too.
    Failing that, I would be happy with Strachan till the end of the season. Gordon, that is.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  2. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Allegri would be a fancy shout, did well at Juventus. Personaly I would went for Setien for how he organised Betis. Remember how they outplayed Barca a few years back but think that mad * doesn't speak English so no chance xD.

To the mad man who suggested Klinsmann a few pages back. That * hss completely lost it and used some weird esoteric methods at Herta and when he stepped down there earlier this year he made the announcement during a facebook live video event, before he even told the club :56:

Alexander Nouri or David Wagner could be some lads to check if they suit our needs. They haven't done great with their last clubs Hertha and Schalke but those two are also hopeless xD

But to come back to reality, I would be OK with anyone using modern coaching methods and with some tactical knowledge. Not * Gordon Strachan. Our current players don't react those kind of manager but to ones more like Rodgers.

3. ladbroke8

Paul Cook is available

4. Martybhoy53

We need a modern forward thinking manager who is tactically astute and knows how to change things during a game. We don't need another dinosaur.

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Forget benetiz, howe, wagner, silva, sanchez flores

We will get either

Kennedy and Strachan jr
    Strachan senior and the chuckle brothers above
    Oneill and keane

To end of season pointless expecting anything else

The67Sound and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  6. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Don’t be surprised if they ask Broony to be caretaker for a few games.

7. Hadouken

very good manager, created the best team my local side ever seen and once he left it all went wrong

ladbroke8 likes this.
  8. Jordan MacGregor

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Eddie Howe for me. Don't want any of the old timers. No Keane either.

9. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    I would expect it to be Kennedy if any from the existing staff and Broony in a coaching role

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  10. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    I'd take a bag of cans

11. ddub11

Think we need someone whos either managed/played at a high level.For me Howe(who according wiki has been appointed celtic coach)is ok but lacks European experience,but Marco Silva has a bit of experience round europe and seems he might be the man we need.

12. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Would people be willing to get a decent quality manager in who can sorts things out, get us back to winning ways and, in doing so, be better prepared for next season however, fails to land the 10 due to the mess created by the current set up?
    I think anyone coming in would have a lot to do which might take time - time that we don't really have. This would include identifying his best players, getting rid of the one's who either want away or aren't good enough, identifying January signings and finding a style of football that would make us hard to beat. Hopefully there is someone out there who can come in and achieve this quickly and help us get the 10 however, if the board don't act soon and are not willing to spend good money, then I think the dream of the 10 is over.

13. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We need a guy who can get the basics right.

We need a team out there who will fight for the right to play the silky soccer, who will follow their men and press when we don’t have the ball.

Look at how the current league leaders set out their team. High press and follow your man. They start high tempo and swamp their opposition.

Our team are swanning about thinking their individual skill will see them through, whether that’s by their own volition or by coaching design.

Get the basics right and then the skill factor takes over.

14. CountyDownFaithful

I think it’s about preparing for next season now by getting a manager in and allowing him time to get his style across and analyse the squad. Should be able to start making changes in Jan.

If he can make an immediate impact and keep our title hopes alive then that would be a bonus.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  15. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think we need a short term appointment to try to rescue the 10 and they need to start winning from day 1. So it would need to be someone who knows the current squad and Scottish football. Would probably need to be Strachan and if he fails then we're no worse off than we were going to be anyway. If we bring someone in who doesn't know the squad he might start doing things like playing Ntcham for a few games because he shows some technical ability in training before realising he's not got it in an actual game. Somebody like Eddie Howe could be good long-term but he's used to playing on the break with Bournemouth. Could he adapt quickly to having to break down packed defences every week while trying to not get caught on the break.

16. Smithmeister

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Championeeeeees!!!!!
    I like to read more than post, but like everyone else on the forum am hurting bad right now.

Lots of people mentioned and the bookies have all the usual suspects named, nothing original.
    Personally I'd like to see MON and Keane come in till the end of the season and have the board do due diligence on the man to take us forward next season rather than rush anything.
    Why them? Pretty easy really - man management. You ask any player who played under MON and they will tell you his man management skills were the best. He could make them believe and right now those players need that belief.
    We have a team of winners, we know that and they need reminded of that.
    This is, more or less, the same team who dropped points only to Livi from the New Year onwards.
    The team that qualified for the EL with 2 games to spare.
    The team that gave us the treble treble.

There are winners in that side and we need them to be reminded of that and MON is the man to do that.
    I'm pretty sure he'd have that defence sorted too which is the foundation of any winning team.

We are one game away from an historic quadruple treble and 25 games from that illustrious 10iar.
    Get them in and quickly and work on who will take us forward next season.

17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :56:

18. mayo

Hiddink

19. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    * it if were going back in time ill have Ron Atkinson with Lawrie Mcmenemy as his assistant

20. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I think I'd take anyone and then I remember Roy Keane and think, maybe not anyone.