1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Betfred Cup Celtic V Ross County November 29th kick off 2PM premier sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Nov 15, 2020.

Discuss Betfred Cup Celtic V Ross County November 29th kick off 2PM premier sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

To all the Huns and various other * having a pop at the fans on twitter about not follow guidelines, blame Peter Lawwell.

He created this mess.

2. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    "AwNawNoAnnoniOanAnawNoo on Twitter: "https://t.co/Ee3vXwTuei" / Twitter"

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Belgian_lad likes this.
  3. Bonobhoy

Players and staff getting led out with Police Presence now

4. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That's not good for anyone. Embarrassing all round.

Sydneysider likes this.
  5. StevieBhoooy!

I agree that threatening behaviour can’t be excused.... but it shows the complete disconnect between club and fans ... and indicates what it has come to for such scenes to actually develop.

If NL or the board had done the right thing even a week ago.... then this wouldn’t have hit the ‘boiling point’ it inevitably has.

Hopefully (While not being ideal) it will actually finally get the message through and one side will act as necessary.

Wee Baldy and Bonobhoy like this.
  6. joemc

So how many games does a new manager get ,the thing about this is it smacks of desperation and hysteria which I get this season but it could get really embarrassing if someone comes in and it goes badly for them too , this season will cauz lack of a chance for someone to turn this around .

7. Ak1

Staggering thing is how quickly this has all unraveled.

After the last winter break, Celtic went up the gears, and deservedly won the title.
    Over the summer we signed Barkis, Ajeti and Laxalt.
    We permanently signed Turnbull (at last!) then much to every-bodies satisfaction brought in Duffy and brought back Eli on loan.
    The board actually looked to have finally resolved many of the failures from previous transfer windows and numerous departures.

And the reward....
    Failed CL qualification, Boli's Covid escapade and disasterous Euorpa and domestic campaigns.

What a balls up.
    Can't see the biscuit tin coming out again for a very long time

NomDePlum likes this.
  8. Popes 11 Guest

Was on the cards problem was it got ignored like we didn’t exist

littlekennie likes this.
  9. jimbobers Gold Member Gold Member

Virtually everyone thought it was our best window in ages , i was delighted with the signings, turnbull should have had a chance by now

10. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Was thinking this after the midweek game. Real kick in the nuts the way this season has gone.

Sydneysider likes this.
  11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It can’t get any worse than it’s has that’s a certainty 4 home losses since 58

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

No point singling any players out, they’ve all packed it in. There’s a few players who are too passive and lazy, the rest of the squad must be thinking why should I work twice as hard to cover for him.

No fighting spirit or team chemistry and then on top of that none of them have confidence. Even Laxalt who looked brilliant when he came in has dropped to the squads level now. McGregor who was brilliant for Scotland just a week ago looks lost in that side even though he just came on as a sub today.

Lenny needs to go.

Sydneysider likes this.
  13. Jordan MacGregor

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    He had to turn it round after the Ferencvaros game and it's just not happened, time's up.

14. DonnyCelt

* Scottish Hun making out as of the Celtic fans at the stadium were acting like spoilt brats because the Cup run came ti an end.

This is about so much more than a * cup run!!! Its about our season and a chance of history being * by a complete and utter * of a board and an joke of a manager!!!! * 35 game unbeaten cup run, get * a zombie loving media shitebags!!!

15. Jordan MacGregor

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think he lost his appetite after leaving Hibs. Even though we were decent last season, ever isnce he came back - there's something different about him. And his body language this season has summed it up for me, he's totally passive, no fight, no desire, no hunger, and that has now filtered through to the squad. I'd like to know what he's got them doing in training because they look like they don't have a clue. More worryingly, they don't look fit at all.

16. Jordan MacGregor

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I agree mate! I thought the transfer business was top and was so excited for this season. It's turning out to be a fans worst nightmare.

Sydneysider likes this.
  17. Markybhoy

Honest to *. What else can you say at this point?

We are witnessing an implosion here. The manager isn't up to the task and the players have quit on him. It's just embarrassing. Really embarrassing.

Five hours after the final whistle and Neil Lennon is still in the job too. Unbelievable.

18. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Whenever someone was on the ball, all the players in Celtic jerseys were just standing still! Or just slightly near jogging pace. I knew at HT County would most likely score again.

Sydneysider likes this.
  19. Sydneysider

Dont hold your breath, any manager would struggle with this undisciplined, dysfunctional squad.

We are carrying couple of "stalwarts" both near the end of their careers easing towards a very comfortable retirement ( and perennially injured).

Rogic thought he was off to Saudi in the Summer but failed the medical. Leigh Griffith ?

Another four or five who think they should be playing at a much higher level (anywhere but Celtic).

Scott Brown is still a fighter but running out of steam and time.

Ive lost respect for all but about five of the current bunch. We have acquired a crew of lazy, dishonest * - but thats modern football isnt it.

I feel sorry for Barkas, Laxalt , Ajeti they must be thinking ...what the * have we signed up for ...

20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I agree with you its hard to single any players out as being the problem so to speak. What was telling was just the general malaise about that whole performance today. The fact that we did not come out with any energy and drive at the start of the game was bad enough but that we had basically no response after the half time break tells me its done. I Love Lennon and he truly is a Celtic great for what he has done for our club over the best part of 2 decades but clearly his time as manager is up because there is just nothing there in terms of even a response and reaction in the team. There is as you say not even any fight left in the team. That is the final straw for me watching a passive Celtic team with no fight. I hope Lennon has the sense to resign so he can leave with the dignity and respect he deserves. But sadly that is where we are at.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    CookieMonster likes this.